Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 07:51 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,447,646 times

Advertisements

I couldnt think of what thread to put this in so I just created a new one. Im currently in houston to visit family and i had the chance to go to the movies on last night at the AMC 24 at first colony mall. No it was not my first time at the mall but it has been 13 years since I've last lived in Houston. All I can say is I was blown away at how active,asthetically pleasing,and built up that area has become!!! I ve heard alot of houstonians compare First Colony with North Park mall in Dallas. I can honestly say that This area is far more attractive than the north park area in Dallas.North Park mall does offer better store collection but its mostly inside. I do give houston the props that are owed on the surrounding areas of their two best malls. North park and Galleria Dallas are Great malls but the surroundng areas of the two just dont give the same ambiance as the two Houston malls.(Biased ending quote)I still think North Park is one of if not the best malls in Texas or even the U.S. But last night I was Plesantly suprised!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2011, 08:59 AM

1,075 posts, read 2,915,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
I couldnt think of what thread to put this in so I just created a new one. Im currently in houston to visit family and i had the chance to go to the movies on last night at the AMC 24 at first colony mall. No it was not my first time at the mall but it has been 13 years since I've last lived in Houston. All I can say is I was blown away at how active,asthetically pleasing,and built up that area has become!!! I ve heard alot of houstonians compare First Colony with North Park mall in Dallas. I can honestly say that This area is far more attractive than the north park area in Dallas.North Park mall does offer better store collection but its mostly inside. I do give houston the props that are owed on the surrounding areas of their two best malls. North park and Galleria Dallas are Great malls but the surroundng areas of the two just dont give the same ambiance as the two Houston malls.(Biased ending quote)I still think North Park is one of if not the best malls in Texas or even the U.S. But last night I was Plesantly suprised!!!
Not to be "Robin Sparkles" or anything, but my two favorite malls anywhere are the Galleria (the real one, in Houston, not the fake ones elsewhere) and NorthPark in Dallas. The rest are just second-rate and interchangeable.

Old 04-17-2011, 01:18 PM

5,429 posts, read 14,836,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
I couldnt think of what thread to put this in so I just created a new one. Im currently in houston to visit family and i had the chance to go to the movies on last night at the AMC 24 at first colony mall. No it was not my first time at the mall but it has been 13 years since I've last lived in Houston. All I can say is I was blown away at how active,asthetically pleasing,and built up that area has become!!! I ve heard alot of houstonians compare First Colony with North Park mall in Dallas. I can honestly say that This area is far more attractive than the north park area in Dallas.
Thanks for the complements.

But the area you're talking about is in City of Sugar Land and the First Colony MPC. Unlike most of Houston, the suburb city of Sugar Land has strict zoning regulations and architectural requirements. That's likely why it looked so aesthetically pleasing to you.

Glad you had a good visit!

Old 04-17-2011, 03:19 PM

Location: Where nothing ever grows. No rain or rivers flow, Texas
1,085 posts, read 1,580,488 times
yeah. there are places outside of houston trying to correct the mistakes houston made

Old 04-17-2011, 03:35 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,560,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBomb View Post
yeah. there are places outside of houston trying to correct the mistakes houston made
Soon, Sugar Land will be fielding a minor league baseball team. They might wind up being more popular that the minor league team that plays at Minute Maid Park.

Old 04-17-2011, 03:37 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,929,248 times
Glad you enjoyed your visit. Come back more often.

To the people who are posting, please lets not turn another positive thread into a hate thread

Old 04-17-2011, 03:38 PM

5,429 posts, read 14,836,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Soon, Sugar Land will be fielding a minor league baseball team. They might wind up being more popular that the minor league team that plays at Minute Maid Park.
Good one.

Speaking of Minute Maid Park, ironically enough that's a company (Minute Maid) that moved their Houston HQ from Houston to, well, Sugar Land.

Old 04-17-2011, 03:46 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,929,248 times
There we go, now people are gonna come from Houston and start wailing on SL, then SL is gonna strick back and a thread that started out 100% positive goes down the drain yet again

Old 04-17-2011, 05:13 PM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times
You guys have enticed this non mall person to visit Sugar Land. Love North Park. A friend was on the Houston Galleria design team for HOK. We always got into it because nobody considered the amount of traffic it would produce. It was always a place to avoid.
It will be a day trip we are looking forward to making to Sugar Land.

Old 06-03-2023, 03:51 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,447,646 times
Has anyone seen TexasTallest/Spacecitytx???!!!!!

I actually forgot about this because it was like the 2nd thread I ever started.

Read the O.P...............................

Apology accepted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston