Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2011, 07:22 AM

131 posts, read 172,141 times

Advertisements

Quote me if I am wrong

But wasn't Missouri city the pride of African American middle class in Houston
There are many upscale majority African American neighborhoods
as with any place you have poverty and low income areas, but some of these areas are not dangerous at all.

How does blacks give it a bad rep??

on another note I think Missour city is a good place to live.
Its like the Atlanta of Houston, you have many successful blacks who live in the city
You have many poverty stricken blacks who live in the city as well.

Anyways I use to live in lake Olympia, however i use to venture across town to where my cousins stayed, I didn't feel uncomfortable at all.

ps blacks dont bring property levels down, the environment does [cheap apartment near a million dollar neighborhood, low income housing, and other factors] not saying all of them but some...people who live there can be any race
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2011, 10:41 AM

12,735 posts, read 21,770,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess.Johnson View Post
Quote me if I am wrong

But wasn't Missouri city the pride of African American middle class in Houston
There are many upscale majority African American neighborhoods
as with any place you have poverty and low income areas, but some of these areas are not dangerous at all.

How does blacks give it a bad rep??

on another note I think Missour city is a good place to live.
Its like the Atlanta of Houston, you have many successful blacks who live in the city
You have many poverty stricken blacks who live in the city as well.

Anyways I use to live in lake Olympia, however i use to venture across town to where my cousins stayed, I didn't feel uncomfortable at all.

ps blacks dont bring property levels down, the environment does [cheap apartment near a million dollar neighborhood, low income housing, and other factors] not saying all of them but some...people who live there can be any race

Old 04-29-2011, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
lol no Im black as well, I dont believe that is offensive

Old 04-29-2011, 10:45 AM

I'm black too, but to say a suburb is the Atlanta of a city that's already a haven for blacks is a little absurd.

Old 04-29-2011, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
I'm black too, but to say a suburb is the Atlanta of a city that's already a haven for blacks is a little absurd.
I do not get it

I have moved to Atlanta and notice that it is much like Missouri City. demographic wises, and other means

That is all I was referring too

I wasn't try to be offensive or anything just stated my comparison..

If i did im sorry

Old 04-29-2011, 10:54 AM

You weren't offensive at all. I promise it's ok!

Old 04-29-2011, 04:41 PM

3,283 posts, read 6,049,746 times
whats wrong with it is it is referred to as Mo-City and that is equally silly and dumb

Old 04-30-2011, 04:35 PM

2,639 posts, read 8,286,774 times
Every time you turn on the local news there is a shooting,car jacking or home invasion in Mo City

Old 04-30-2011, 10:41 PM

2,465 posts, read 5,790,939 times
I got into that news trap as well.... There is a robbery in Houston and suburbs every hour, every minute.... If few bored news stations and papers run out of ideas and start focusing on robberies and violence , we may think that our safe communities are over... is called brain washing....

Just look at the overall statistics, they really don't lie....

Quote:
Originally Posted by westres1 View Post
Every time you turn on the local news there is a shooting,car jacking or home invasion in Mo City

Old 05-01-2011, 05:41 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,562,340 times
My cousin's wife was a crew leader for the census last year. Her crew ended early, so she was assigned to go door to door in Missouri City near Texas Parkway and 5th street. According to her, people always asked her to come inside and get out of the heat. A few set up card tables and brought her tea or lemonade. She was surprised at how nice everyone was. And you know why? It was because of the impression she had of Missouri City from how outsiders talk about the town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston