Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 06:44 PM

Location: Where nothing ever grows. No rain or rivers flow, Texas
1,085 posts, read 1,581,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCatherine View Post
Please tell me you're an 8 yr old who got a hold of your parents' computer to type the above... if not, I fear for the state of education in our country.
I wasnt educated in the US so i think your country is going to be ok
especially if I'm only 8

Old 05-06-2011, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
They should show the pictures and video. Don't the Seals have an HD camera attached to them?
dude al quieda whatchumacallit gang already confirmed the death of UBL

Old 05-06-2011, 08:26 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,808,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBomb View Post
dude al quieda whatchumacallit gang already confirmed the death of UBL
I am sure he is dead but others have doubts. Why not release it?

Old 05-06-2011, 09:00 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
Quote:
They have pictures of Osama dead, but no video from what I've heard.

Old 05-06-2011, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Because the photoshop thread will be (the most) brutal in the history of the internet. We're talking armagedon where extremists will come out every second. I bet even you will go jihad. forget cartoon mohamed

Old 05-07-2011, 01:06 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,955,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Yeah, but his life was extended 10 years longer than it should have been; His death doesn't rebuild the WTCs nor bring back those lost on 9/11 nor the many troops who lost their lives over there. People fail to understand; it wasn't just this man alone that sprung up the plan of the 9/11 tragedy.

Nothing needs to be celebrated here. His death doesn't fix our economy, failing school system, increasing illegal immigration issues and more.

Another thing is I fail to believe that for a whole 10 years; this dude has been sitting up chilling about a mile from the US military base and no one knew. Something is fishy about this.
I see where you're coming from. IMO, his death means a lot, and that is holding true with every passing day (with all the intel they have gotten and are slowly releasing).

I understand why people were celebrating when they learned of his death. I felt like celebrating. It wasn't about celebrating the death of someone. It was a big relief felt. When I learned of the news via Facebook (the ultimate resource), that day (9/11) played through my head. I remember my homeroom class at 8 AM, in the fifth grade, starting out with 23 kids, and going down to 12 by lunch time. Parents picked me up while I was eating lunch. Seeing that stuff live on TV. And that is NOTHING compared to the people who witnessed it live and person and actually lost loved ones. So, I understand the celebration, especially from the youth my age. OBL was like a dark cloud the loomed over our teen years. I was too young to remember how flying was before 9/11, pre-groping.

And really, OBL didn't care how many Americans he killed. He wanted to bring down our economy. With his terrorist math, he estimated we'd spend over a trillion dollars in securities after the attack (Rachel Maddow has a good clip on this). Money that we would have spent at home. And we did if you include the two wars. Now that he is dead, we can begin bringing troops home in bigger numbers than anticipated, and poor those billions we are putting overseas, back into education projects, infrastructure projects, etc. We don't need an army to kill a few terrorist leadrrs. We just need the badass Navy SEALs special ops team. And yeah, Iraq was a pointless war that had absolutely nothing to do with the terrorist attacks, but nothing we can do about that now.

Pakistan definitely knew, too. No way he could hide near their Westpoint and go completely undetected by them. And they want to get mad that we went into their country and killed him. If an American committed terrorist attacs in Pakistan, and they came into our country and killed him, I'd simply turn the other way. It's what other countries that have suffered attacks from OBL (England, Spain, etc.), have done.

Old 05-07-2011, 08:48 PM

784 posts, read 3,121,079 times
I don't understand why we will be able to bring our troops home now that OBL is dead. He has already been replaced. There will be more trouble now that he has achieved martyrdom in the eyes of his followers.

Old 05-07-2011, 09:06 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
I see where you're coming from. IMO, his death means a lot, and that is holding true with every passing day (with all the intel they have gotten and are slowly releasing).

I understand why people were celebrating when they learned of his death. I felt like celebrating. It wasn't about celebrating the death of someone. It was a big relief felt. When I learned of the news via Facebook (the ultimate resource), that day (9/11) played through my head. I remember my homeroom class at 8 AM, in the fifth grade, starting out with 23 kids, and going down to 12 by lunch time. Parents picked me up while I was eating lunch. Seeing that stuff live on TV. And that is NOTHING compared to the people who witnessed it live and person and actually lost loved ones. So, I understand the celebration, especially from the youth my age. OBL was like a dark cloud the loomed over our teen years. I was too young to remember how flying was before 9/11, pre-groping.

And really, OBL didn't care how many Americans he killed. He wanted to bring down our economy. With his terrorist math, he estimated we'd spend over a trillion dollars in securities after the attack (Rachel Maddow has a good clip on this). Money that we would have spent at home. And we did if you include the two wars. Now that he is dead, we can begin bringing troops home in bigger numbers than anticipated, and poor those billions we are putting overseas, back into education projects, infrastructure projects, etc. We don't need an army to kill a few terrorist leadrrs. We just need the badass Navy SEALs special ops team. And yeah, Iraq was a pointless war that had absolutely nothing to do with the terrorist attacks, but nothing we can do about that now.

Pakistan definitely knew, too. No way he could hide near their Westpoint and go completely undetected by them. And they want to get mad that we went into their country and killed him. If an American committed terrorist attacs in Pakistan, and they came into our country and killed him, I'd simply turn the other way. It's what other countries that have suffered attacks from OBL (England, Spain, etc.), have done.
Nah, troops ain't coming home. "Kill Osama" mission died years ago; if they really wanted him; he would've been dead.

Old 05-08-2011, 04:49 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,955,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Nah, troops ain't coming home. "Kill Osama" mission died years ago; if they really wanted him; he would've been dead.
You're right, if they really wanted him dead already, it would have been done. BUT, that was under a different presidential admin. Bush had OBL cornered at Tora Bora in December of 2001. But, by that time he was already trying to put our best resources in Iraq. Obama, on the other hand, stated during the campaign in 2008 that it was his mission to find OBL and "take him out", with or without Pakistani government help.

And that is exactly what happened.

And the troops are coming home. Just watch. America and many politicians have changed their stance overseas after this past week and its understandable why. The first troops are due back in July. We'll see how many come home out of the nearly 100K in Afghanistan.

Old 05-08-2011, 11:34 AM

5,068 posts, read 10,132,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
You're right, if they really wanted him dead already, it would have been done. BUT, that was under a different presidential admin. Bush had OBL cornered at Tora Bora in December of 2001. But, by that time he was already trying to put our best resources in Iraq. Obama, on the other hand, stated during the campaign in 2008 that it was his mission to find OBL and "take him out", with or without Pakistani government help.

And that is exactly what happened.

And the troops are coming home. Just watch. America and many politicians have changed their stance overseas after this past week and its understandable why. The first troops are due back in July. We'll see how many come home out of the nearly 100K in Afghanistan.
Do you have a source of information we are lacking?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston