Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 12:33 AM

12,733 posts, read 21,629,218 times

Advertisements

What will make these teams better?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2011, 08:38 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,867,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Yes, the big 3 are not good, but Aeros are doing well. One win from the cup finals.
The Rockets are all right. They almost made the playoffs this season. They just need a big man, and they will be there next year. The Texans interest is at a low because they didn't fire Kubiak. If they would have fired him and hired Cowher (who wanted to coach the Texans) interest for the team would be through the roof. If they sign a big name FA, then interest will be through the roof, but Bob McNair is not known to do that. The Astros have some interest swirling due to the owner change. I don't really know what's going on with them now, after much promise at the end of last season.

Old 05-23-2011, 06:19 PM

So, they are not as bad as people (me) think?

Old 05-26-2011, 02:01 AM

3,503 posts, read 7,451,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBoy205 View Post
What will make these teams better?

Fans not supporting garbage with their own hard-earned money in the name of..."being a true fan"?

Drayton got the idea. Eventually.

McNair doesn't have to get the idea.

Old 05-27-2011, 05:04 PM

Maybe they will be better next year!

Old 05-28-2011, 12:29 PM

65 posts, read 134,450 times
As far as the Astros and Rockets, they both are littered with young talent and now the Rockets flagging McHale as their coach I think they are both heading in the right direction. Not that it's going to be a quick or seamless progression but I think you will see a dramatic improvement over the next 2-4 years in both of those franchises.

Old 05-28-2011, 12:34 PM

561 posts, read 967,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yo-mama View Post
As far as the Astros and Rockets, they both are littered with young talent and now the Rockets flagging McHale as their coach I think they are both heading in the right direction. Not that it's going to be a quick or seamless progression but I think you will see a dramatic improvement over the next 2-4 years in both of those franchises.
LOL, Hiring McHale was a huge mistake. The Rockets need to sign some serious super-star to get back to relevance, but the owner seems a bit stingy and doesnt really pursue the talent needed. Despite of this, Coach Adelman was able to pull the Rockets only a few games out of the playoffs.

I would give the Rockets AT-LEAST 2 years before they are seeded in the playoffs again.

Old 05-28-2011, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OducksFTW! View Post
LOL, Hiring McHale was a huge mistake. The Rockets need to sign some serious super-star to get back to relevance, but the owner seems a bit stingy and doesnt really pursue the talent needed. Despite of this, Coach Adelman was able to pull the Rockets only a few games out of the playoffs.

I would give the Rockets AT-LEAST 2 years before they are seeded in the playoffs again.
What superstar are the Rockets just going to go out and sign? Keep in mind that superstar is going to want to come to Houston. Coach Adelman was just keeping the Rockets from getting a good lottery pick and keeping them stuck in mediocrity. No good enough to do anything in the playoffs (if we would have made it), but not bad enough to get a top lottery pick and a chance at superstar talent.

Old 05-28-2011, 02:39 PM

1,326 posts, read 3,431,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yo-mama View Post
Haha, are you for real???
What would make you believe, based on McHale's coaching resume, that they are headed in the right direction?
The guy's got a losing record as a head coach.
He may have been a good player for the Celtics back in the 80's (not worthy of top 50 though) but he has not been good as a coach.
He's another guy who's been getting by based off his name alone.
The only way I can see the Rockets getting better is if they just absolutely start tanking the next couple of seasons and getting a top 3 pick in each draft.

Old 05-28-2011, 03:01 PM

The good thing is, historically, the Rockets have had a star of some kind. I don't think we'll have to wait too long because of the way the organization is run.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston