U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 02:19 PM

1,126 posts, read 1,811,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post
Off topic, but Alabama is actually very underrated. The hills and beaches are much nicer than those found in Texas.
Agree, but somehow, i don't think homey is from Gulf Shores.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2011, 02:40 PM
FDO

104 posts, read 179,804 times
So, Sugarland is also considered overrated? In what sense if I may ask?

Old 05-26-2011, 02:57 PM

55 posts, read 60,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbcu View Post
As for Teal Run and Vicksburg...they are tied...alot of the residents moved in from other parts of Mo. City or South Side of Houston looking for one thing but found another.

They were looking for a dog and found a house? Looking for wildlife and found a house? Looking for drugs and found drugs? They were looking for a house and found a house?

Spreaking in circles and not making sense, it's like talking to my toddlers.

Old 05-26-2011, 03:03 PM

355 posts, read 630,943 times
I never said Pearland Town Center was busy. I said they had a "regular" crowd. I actually said I like going there because it is not busy. On Friday nights it will be slow because the stores are not open late. It's a shopping area more than a dining area. I wouldn't go to the mall to eat on a Friday night, would you? If you want to go out to eat at 9pm, you're best bet is to go to Houston. And that is why I don't want to live in Houston. I'd rather be at home, grilling and drinking wine in my own private suburbia!

Old 05-26-2011, 03:14 PM

65 posts, read 72,057 times
I'm trying to figure out how Katy falls into the over-rated pile? I'm moving there this summer with the family and have been real impressed with my visits there and it seems like a great area. Of course the size that Katy is it has pockets of lack luster areas and such but I would still consider it a fabulous place to live and raise a family. Not sure what criteria is used to deem something over-rated but maybe it's all just perspective. If you live in Beverly Hills everything else pales in comparison.

Old 05-26-2011, 03:34 PM

15,831 posts, read 19,794,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yo-mama View Post
I'm trying to figure out how Katy falls into the over-rated pile? I'm moving there this summer with the family and have been real impressed with my visits there and it seems like a great area. Of course the size that Katy is it has pockets of lack luster areas and such but I would still consider it a fabulous place to live and raise a family. Not sure what criteria is used to deem something over-rated but maybe it's all just perspective. If you live in Beverly Hills everything else pales in comparison.
Because people don't understand the definition of overrated. I never really hear people say Pearland is this amazing place, but the fact it's close to the city, offer a great lifestyle for families and it's affordable.

Old 05-26-2011, 03:38 PM

10,276 posts, read 10,618,148 times
overrated - definition of overrated by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.
Overrated - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Old 05-26-2011, 03:42 PM

10,133 posts, read 7,593,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robsta teh cool View Post
In my opinion, Suburbs represent the worst characteristics of America in every sense, excessiveness. Once a house becomes to small and too old, it's time to sell and move onto the next ring of suburbia leaving their former neighborhood to decay. I don't understand why ANYONE would drop 300k or more on a house in the suburbs when you could live in a terrific older more mature neighborhood in Houston for the same price and enjoy superior schools, superior amenities, and a superior commute to work. Ok so if you don't make too much money, can't afford a 300k house, and have a family I completely understand the reasoning: schools and safety.

However, I myself grew up in a "less desirable" area of Southwest Houston, went to a "ghetto" school, yet I have never been a victim of a crime and I am currently at UH obtaining straight As and doing better than the majority of my suburban peers from Sugarland and Katy who had a supposedly "superior" education at their respective high schools.
Sorry, but there are not many areas where you get get the superior schools for the same price.

Have your classmates been victims of crimes? Did they have grades that were as good as yours in their high schools? Too many variables to go by your college grades. What year of college are you in? That makes a difference too? What major? That makes a big difference too.

Old 05-26-2011, 04:28 PM

3,099 posts, read 5,861,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yo-mama View Post
The people who are writing such opinions ("Sugar Land, Katy, Pearland, The Woodlands are overrated") are teenagers in high school or college.

Of course they are entitled to their opinions but with no practical life experience as it relates to providing for our families and making decisions about relocating, home buying, etc...those viewpoints don't help much.

Old 05-26-2011, 04:52 PM

10,276 posts, read 10,618,148 times
Good Luck in your studies. I wish you all the success!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston