U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 09:47 AM

65 posts, read 73,031 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the info guys. Guess I will give them a whirl when we move. I'll be heavily internet dependent so it's worth whatever it costs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2011, 05:35 PM

988 posts, read 502,302 times
If you can get it, En-Touch hands down. I am on their 8 Mbit package for 40 bucks a month or so, however you get a "free boost" with that. I am basically pulling down 30 Mbit/sec consistently. Very low latency to the home office as well at 4ms. I cannot be more pleased with the En-Touch fiber. Comcrap can keep their overpriced and throttled 6 Mbit garbage.

On a related note, En-Touch is very competitive with the TV and phone service as well. Been with them 3 years and have never looked back. And no I do not work for them. I just got tired of Comcrap and I am glad to have a choice finally (vs. Houston).

Old 06-28-2011, 07:43 AM

1,166 posts, read 1,922,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3781 View Post
If you can get it, En-Touch hands down. I am on their 8 Mbit package for 40 bucks a month or so, however you get a "free boost" with that. I am basically pulling down 30 Mbit/sec consistently. Very low latency to the home office as well at 4ms. I cannot be more pleased with the En-Touch fiber. Comcrap can keep their overpriced and throttled 6 Mbit garbage.

On a related note, En-Touch is very competitive with the TV and phone service as well. Been with them 3 years and have never looked back. And no I do not work for them. I just got tired of Comcrap and I am glad to have a choice finally (vs. Houston).
Hmmm, 3 posts in 3 years and all of them praising En-touch???
I smell an En-Touch employee trolling.....

Old 07-04-2011, 08:48 PM

That's some fine detective work there RVD. No cigar though. I think you might be the troll, but I'll take the bait.

Do YOU get 30 mbit/sec sustained down for less than $45 a month? Are YOU a Comcast employee? Prove it.

Someone else already beat you to the "corporate shill" angle. Not that I need to prove my identity to you, and not like you give a rat's anyway, but I am a city-data lurker, and it takes a lot for me to bother posting. I'm not a troll or an En-touch employee. What I am is someone with a seething hatred for Comcast and how they treat their customers. I believe I said as much in the other two posts (and left my phone number). Once in a while a google search on ISPs and related matters will bring up city-data and I feel obliged to give my $0.02. I am that happy with En-touch and I hate Comcast that much. Only about enough to chime in 3 times in 3 years though.

If I had anything to say on dog boarding in Pearland, etc. then I might rack up a post count like yours, but I am basically happy lurking. That, and expending minimal effort in sharing my experience with En-touch.

Does that do it for you, inspector?

Old 07-05-2011, 08:03 AM

Quote:
That's some fine detective work there RVD. No cigar though. I think you might be the troll, but I'll take the bait.

Do YOU get 30 mbit/sec sustained down for less than $45 a month? Are YOU a Comcast employee? Prove it.

Someone else already beat you to the "corporate shill" angle. Not that I need to prove my identity to you, and not like you give a rat's anyway, but I am a city-data lurker, and it takes a lot for me to bother posting. I'm not a troll or an En-touch employee. What I am is someone with a seething hatred for Comcast and how they treat their customers. I believe I said as much in the other two posts (and left my phone number). Once in a while a google search on ISPs and related matters will bring up city-data and I feel obliged to give my $0.02. I am that happy with En-touch and I hate Comcast that much. Only about enough to chime in 3 times in 3 years though.

If I had anything to say on dog boarding in Pearland, etc. then I might rack up a post count like yours, but I am basically happy lurking. That, and expending minimal effort in sharing my experience with En-touch.

Does that do it for you, inspector?
Hey, can you hook me up with the same employee discount you get with En-touch if I decide to switch back??? LOL

Old 07-05-2011, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD26 View Post
Hey, can you hook me up with the same employee discount you get with En-touch if I decide to switch back??? LOL
Yawn.

Not taking the bait this time, troll.

You lose.

Old 07-05-2011, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Yawn.

Not taking the bait this time, troll.

You lose.
Aw c'mon, hook a brotha up

Old 08-03-2011, 05:31 PM

1 posts, read 908 times
Default Consolidated Comm

I am in a contract for another two weeks and am currently looking for a new provider (have Consolidated now). I work from home too (77494), and can't access my work Microsoft Outlook, can only connect using the webmail which stinks for multiple reasons!!!

I've tried comcast at a friend's house but haven't had luck connecting either. I use to be able to connect at the Katy Library, but I think they may have changed some settings there too. I asked, and they use ATT. Unfortunately (or not) ATT hasn't made it to the southern end of the BLVD yet.

Hoping I can find someplace that offers WIFI in Entouch so I can give that a try... But if anybody has any recomendations, I would love read them!

Old 08-03-2011, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crookeddaisy View Post
I am in a contract for another two weeks and am currently looking for a new provider (have Consolidated now). I work from home too (77494), and can't access my work Microsoft Outlook, can only connect using the webmail which stinks for multiple reasons!!!

I've tried comcast at a friend's house but haven't had luck connecting either. I use to be able to connect at the Katy Library, but I think they may have changed some settings there too. I asked, and they use ATT. Unfortunately (or not) ATT hasn't made it to the southern end of the BLVD yet.

Hoping I can find someplace that offers WIFI in Entouch so I can give that a try... But if anybody has any recomendations, I would love read them!
It sounds like your issues have nothing to do with the ISP and everything to do with your actual laptop

Old 08-03-2011, 07:54 PM

404 posts, read 613,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crookeddaisy View Post

Your Outlook settings are most likely wrong. Your ISP has nothing to do with that, as the previous poster said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston