Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2011, 08:19 AM

8 posts, read 9,832 times

Advertisements

After some research and talking to some friends - it looks like I'll be looking to find a place to live in Seabrook. Any advice on recommend apartments / condos? I'd appreciate someone's thoughts on the "feel" of living in Seabrook. Whats the social/night life? Quite? I'm single, with a income of approximately 70K - - my rent budget is around 800-1,000K. Ideally, I find a place that is safe, convenient to services, etc.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2011, 10:01 AM

2,075 posts, read 4,446,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwing1980 View Post
After some research and talking to some friends - it looks like I'll be looking to find a place to live in Seabrook. Any advice on recommend apartments / condos? I'd appreciate someone's thoughts on the "feel" of living in Seabrook. Whats the social/night life? Quite? I'm single, with a income of approximately 70K - - my rent budget is around 800-1,000K. Ideally, I find a place that is safe, convenient to services, etc.

Thanks!
Night life in Seabrook? There is none. There are some bars by the Kemah boardwalk, and some along Nasa Rd 1 at Lakeside. It's mostly just a quiet, family friendly suburb... as safe as you can get and is just as convenient to services as anywhere else in the clear lake area.

As for apartments, I don't know much about those right in Seabrook. However, when my family moved down here, we were really impressed by the apartments managed by the Finger Companies (Village on the Lake, Park at Armound Bayou). We ended up in Village on the Lake for a year and were very pleased. Do be aware though that Seabrook is right next to the bay, so a lot of those apartments along Nasa Rd 1 suffered damage/flooding from Hurricane Ike a few years ago. If you are apprehensive about dealing with this risk, I recommend moving further inland.

BTW, are you a red wings fan?

Old 06-21-2011, 10:15 AM

1,822 posts, read 2,001,704 times
I lived in Seabrook for 5 years, and thought it was a decent place to live. Nothing fancy, and no night life, but then again, I was looking for peace and quiet. Kemah is nearby though, and you can always go into Houton. Based on your income, you should have no problems finding a place to rent.

One question mark is the whole hurricane matter. Ike did a lot of damage a few years ago, and before that was the threat from Rita. I remember the area flooding in 1998 (I think) from a tropical storm.

Old 06-21-2011, 10:20 AM

3,842 posts, read 8,268,773 times
Seabrook is a very nice, and quiet place. I wouldn't mind living there except for the flooding issues. Living right on the bay is really neat, but when it floods...

Every place there is going to be convenient to services. I can't think of any bad areas of Seabrook or any undesirable apt complexes.

Old 06-21-2011, 05:56 PM

133 posts, read 268,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielWayne View Post
Seabrook is a very nice, and quiet place. I wouldn't mind living there except for the flooding issues. Living right on the bay is really neat, but when it floods...

Every place there is going to be convenient to services. I can't think of any bad areas of Seabrook or any undesirable apt complexes.
Yeah, what he said. Nice place with nice people. Good place to live. Just have a kayak as an emergency evacuation plan for when the next Allison hits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston