U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2011, 08:33 PM

3 posts, read 13,481 times

Advertisements

Hi! Me and my fiance are thinking about moving to the North Houston area because his job is moving there. I was just wondering where at in the North Houston Area is a good place to live? We have a 2 yr old son and I just want to live in a nice neighbor hood. We were thinking about the Spring and Humble area. Maybe even Atascocita also. If anyone had any ideas it would be greatly appreciated!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2011, 08:59 PM

90 posts, read 217,748 times
Spring is nice, my sister lives there. If you plan to stay until your son is in school. Try to find a house in the Klein District. I have heard it is much better than Spring.

Old 07-04-2011, 11:18 PM

1,042 posts, read 2,980,590 times
You have many nice options to choose from up around here. What is your budget?? If you have a higher budget Kingwood is lovely! Home values have held over time there. As for in and around the Humble/Atascocita area you have many options. If you want to be close to the Beltway I would suggest y'all drive around Fall Creek and Summerwood. Both are very family oriented but have differ feels to them. You also have Lakeshore which is lovely but not as many amenities as the other larger communities. Then here in Atascocita you have Eagle Springs.
We did not want to be that close to the Beltway nor that far from shopping and thus we live in Eagle Springs. You can type in all of these communities on here and read up on all of them but my suggestion is to drive around all of them and at different times of day. See what you like and what you do not like about them. I think though once you drive thru any of them you will know which one feels like "home"!
Happy house hunting!

Old 07-04-2011, 11:23 PM

9,049 posts, read 15,488,082 times
Work location and house budget always get asked at this point.

You want the best neighborhood within the financial comfort zone, as close to work as a reasonable commute dictates.

Old 07-05-2011, 09:04 AM

My fiance is going to work in the new Halliburton technology Center I dont think its quite into Houston, but Im not sure exactly where it is. We aren't for sure yet if we are just going to rent at first just to see if we really like it there. He is just obligated to stay for a year. So I guess you could say the first year is a would be a trial run. If we like it then we will probably buy a house there.

Old 07-05-2011, 11:21 AM

564 posts, read 1,898,748 times
Sounds like the Haliburton site that's right off the North Sam Houston, near IAH (the BIG airport). As some have suggested, Spring is a pretty large, unincorporated area between five and ten miles to the north with a number of viable options. Other options are near Humble to the NE and then a few miles straight east of the job site on the tollway, such as Fall Creek (just about four miles to the east, just past US 59) or Summerwood (another 3 or so miles east).

Again, price points vary but you should have some pretty good options within a 15-25 minute commute.

Old 07-05-2011, 11:53 AM

9,049 posts, read 15,488,082 times
You might like Kingwood, and think about renting a house for a year.

Old 07-05-2011, 02:38 PM

4,900 posts, read 12,424,755 times
What is your budget and we can narrow it down?

Old 07-05-2011, 02:54 PM

Well.. Im not sure about how much we would like to rent. I know that if we would buy a house probably in the 100,000 to 250,000 range. We haven't really talked about it that much.

Old 07-05-2011, 03:24 PM

157 posts, read 529,391 times
Kingwood (77345) has good schools, nice homes, and good for young families on a budget. If you need something closer to downtown, you're going to pay for it... The Heights (77008) would be my choice inside the loop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or