U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-11-2011, 09:17 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 4,387,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by baytownb View Post
OK, wait a minute, now your argument has gone from saying they only take still photos, which they don't to they are only shutting off the speed cameras in Tempe? Bwaaahaaa! I can't stand it, seriously, I just spit my water on the screen. Looks like you need to read what I post. I posted earlier; Notice it says RED LIGHT AND/OR SPEED VIOLATIONS?

How does the Photo Enforcement program work?
The Photo Enforcement program operates 24 hours a day seven days a week and operates in all weather conditions. Warning signs are posted on approach to a photo enforcement zone. The program works by using high resolution high speed digital cameras that are activated when a red light and/or speed violation occurs

So since the cameras for catching red light runners and speeders are the same cameras in the same box and the city is cancelling their contract how do they just shut off the speed cameras and how are they going to use the cameras from a vendor with no contract to keep issuing the RED LIGHT tickets?

This kind of reminds me of those school yard fights where the kid is laid out on the ground and keeps saying "hit me again"

Show me where I said those cameras only take still photos...show me that...I get the technology do you?

Still photos my ass!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2011, 09:18 PM

317 posts, read 299,243 times
Of course there are no red light cameras on freeways, who said there were? Last summer the state banned speed cameras on freeways. After that Tempe ended their photo enforcement program for red light cameras and speed cameras in their city. I forget, which one only takes still photos again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
Your crazy...read the article that you posted...read it! Let's keep the discussion on that! You are losing it! This is right from the article you posted!

Controversy over the state's speed cameras prompted the Department of Public Safety to discontinue the enforcement on freeways last summer.

There are no red light intersections on freeways...you have got to be kidding me!

Old 07-11-2011, 09:19 PM

Here you go, it's just not even funny anymore do you have an open head wound?

Quote:
One produces only photos and one produces a very strong and clear cut video. Not the same !

Old 07-11-2011, 09:23 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
Quote:
I am talking about the article, Tempe AZ is ending their contract with Redflex that issued camera tickets (photo enforcement) for running red lights and speeding. But you think they only take photos and are only for speeders. And you said it was different from the cameras in Houston. Other than the fact that they use a different vendor and also issue speeding tickets how are they different?
Yes I am also talking about the article that you posted!

Here we go right from the article:

Traffic cameras on Arizona freeways went dark last year.
Controversy over the state's speed cameras
I do have a philosophical issue with photo radar
Tempe released a statement Monday saying that Tempe City Attorney Andrew Ching is still in negotiations with Redflex to resolve the lawsuit. The council could consider a proposal for a new photo-enforcement contract at a future meeting, said City Manager Charlie Meyer in the release.

Where do you read that they are shutting down red light cameras in any of the above quotes taken right out of the article you posted? The entire article is about shutting down the speed cameras.

Like I said your social proof tactic is pathetic...that article was not about red light cameras. The article was ONLY about shutting down the speed cameras.

Man o Man!

Old 07-11-2011, 09:26 PM

The state ban on freeway cameras was the pre curser to Tempe ending their contract with their vendor for photo enforcement which includes red light violation and speed violations. Tempe has been issuing red light camera violations and will no longer be doing so. I posted the info from Tempe's website that shows they use cameras for red light and speed violations.

What about your quote about how one only issues photos and Houston's program has video and that is how they are different?

Quote:
Yes I am also talking about the article that you posted!

Here we go right from the article:

[LEFT]Traffic cameras on Arizona freeways went dark last year.

Controversy over the state's speed cameras

[LEFT]I do have a philosophical issue with photo radar
[LEFT]Tempe released a statement Monday saying that Tempe City Attorney Andrew Ching is still in negotiations with Redflex to resolve the lawsuit. The council could consider a proposal for a new photo-enforcement contract at a future meeting, said City Manager Charlie Meyer in the release.

Where do you read red light camera in any of the above quotes taken right out of the article you posted?

Like I said you social proof tactic is pathetic...that article was not about red light cameras.
[/LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[/LEFT]

Old 07-11-2011, 09:28 PM

Woods told the Tempe Republic on Monday,that he voted no on the renewal because he has yet to be provided sufficient statistical data showing traffic cameras decrease vehicle accidents. He also criticized Redflex marketing videos, which show accidents involving red-light runners, for being "sensationalistic."

Read more: Tempe traffic cameras to turn off next week

Old 07-11-2011, 09:30 PM

Look, here are the Tempe red light camera locations, oh wait, they don't have red light cameras, LOL! Everyone should know this has been the thought process of someone that thinks red light cameras are a good idea.

Tempe Arizona Red Light Camera

Tempe Arizona Red Light Camera

48th Street and Broadway
Fine: $193.00

Broadway and Rural Road

Kyrene and Elliot

McClintock and Southern

McClintock Drive and Guadalupe Road

McClintock Drive and Rio Salado Parkway

Mill and Southern

Ray and Rural

Rural and Broadway

Rural Road and University Drive

Rural Road and Warner Road

Old 07-11-2011, 09:32 PM

Quote:
The state ban on freeway cameras was the pre curser to Tempe ending their contract with their vendor for photo enforcement which includes red light violation and speed violations. Tempe has been issuing red light camera violations and will no longer be doing so. I posted the info from Tempe's website that shows they use cameras for red light and speed violations.

What about your quote about how one only issues photos and Houston's program has video and that is how they are different?

I posted the technology for the speed cameras. I also posted the technology for the red light cameras. If you can't see a difference in the technology...I can post it for you put I can't understand it for you.

Read up now on the speed technology

Within the industry, only Redflex has developed a fully automated secondary speed verification system that corroborates the system's accuracy automatically with the use of third-party speed measuring devices. Using proprietary software developed by Redflex, the system produces digital evidence packages only when both the independent speed measurements match within a defined tolerance.
REDFLEXspeed® features a primary detection system, which uses our patent-pending measurement algorithms to obtain multiple speed measurements, wheelbase measurements, axle count, and vehicle classification. It also features a secondary verification system, patented by Redflex, to provide each city with a custom solution based on the architecture of the intersection and the city's unique requirements. The result is unsurpassed accuracy within the industry.

Again why would you post an article about AZ turning off the speeding cameras...which has nothing to do with Houston's red light cameras? It is not the same technology...it is not the same vendor. Again what was your point in posting that article? Was if for persuasion for the purpose of social proofing?

Old 07-11-2011, 09:36 PM

The article was about TEMPE ending their contract with their photo enforcement vendor REDFLEX, REDFLEX issues red light tickets and speeding tickets in TEMPE, AZ. The RED LIGHT CAMERA program and the speeding program are ending. They are THE SAME CAMERAS. The reference about the state stopping speed cameras LAST SUMMER was background that the reporter used to give a braoder perspective on the issue. Once again, what about those systems that only produce photos and not videos and how those are different from the Houston cameras?

Quote:
I posted the technology for the speed cameras. I also posted the technology for the red light cameras. If you can't see a difference in the technology...I can post it for you put I can't understand it for you.

Read up now on the speed technology

Within the industry, only Redflex has developed a fully automated secondary speed verification system that corroborates the system's accuracy automatically with the use of third-party speed measuring devices. Using proprietary software developed by Redflex, the system produces digital evidence packages only when both the independent speed measurements match within a defined tolerance.
REDFLEXspeed® features a primary detection system, which uses our patent-pending measurement algorithms to obtain multiple speed measurements, wheelbase measurements, axle count, and vehicle classification. It also features a secondary verification system, patented by Redflex, to provide each city with a custom solution based on the architecture of the intersection and the city's unique requirements. The result is unsurpassed accuracy within the industry.

Again why would you post an article about AZ turning off the speeding cameras...which has nothing to do with Houstons red light cameras?

Old 07-11-2011, 09:42 PM

Here you go, bwaaahaaa, only the speeding cameras are going away in Tempe right?

Photo enforcement in Tempe will come to an end this month

TEMPE, AZ - If you drive in fear of getting a photo radar or red light ticket, the city of Tempe will soon be one less place to worry about.
The Tempe City Council voted 4 to 3 to end its contract with Redflex, the traffic camera company. The power will be cut after July 18th.

Photo enforcement in Tempe will come to an end this month
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston