Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 09:03 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,123,516 times

Advertisements

Yes. Horrible the last 3 days. My throat is killing me, sinus headache for 2 days and now the drip. What's worse is my kids seemed to have inherited my seasonal allergies. I thought I was going to have an easy summer. Bwahaha.

Weird but my eyes are the opposite of yours right now. Totally dry & driving me crazy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2011, 09:17 PM
NTT NTT started this thread

723 posts, read 1,833,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampaguita View Post
Yes. Horrible the last 3 days. My throat is killing me, sinus headache for 2 days and now the drip. What's worse is my kids seemed to have inherited my seasonal allergies. I thought I was going to have an easy summer. Bwahaha.

Weird but my eyes are the opposite of yours right now. Totally dry & driving me crazy!
My neighbor told me that allergy has been bad due to the drought. I was puzzled until I got it! So glad to know that I'm not alone .

If you take daily multi-vitamins, stop taking them when your seasonal allergies (not food/drug related) are up or having a cold/flue. Switch to a high dosage (500mg-1000mg) of Vitamin C instead. The doctor explained to me once that multi-vitamins feed the virus and makes them stronger. Whereas, vitamin C feeds our body immune system that will help to fight the virus.

It seems to work. Since I've taken a 500 mg. vitamin C tablet since 5:15pm this afternoon, I've been dried. Haven't had runny nose nor teary eyes. Well, except for the 5 minutes after Radar left Mash 4077 (10pm show on Me-TV today).

Old 07-12-2011, 09:22 PM

1,336 posts, read 6,445,361 times
Mine were bugging me the last few days as well...somewhat better today. I wonder what was in the air?

Old 07-12-2011, 09:33 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,123,516 times
NTT - thanks for the tip on Vitamin C - it's on my shopping list.

I started squeezing some local honey into my tea again. I need to really make a habit of that to see if it will actually help. Will do so with the children as well.

Mr. Football - I don't know what's in the air. Definitely something judging by the responses.

Old 07-13-2011, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampaguita View Post
I started squeezing some local honey into my tea again. I need to really make a habit of that to see if it will actually help. Will do so with the children as well.
You're using raw honey, right? We have so many local farmers around Texas. I sure don't mind paying a little more to get local produce and honey at local farmer's markets.

Hum... I just reminded myself to get some fresh blueberries and freeze them to use year round. I think I'm addicted to blueberries .

Old 07-13-2011, 08:52 AM

12,735 posts, read 21,774,364 times
Y'all sound like me. My sinus constantly drains in the back of my mouth. Unfortunately, I can't go to the doctor because I don't have health insurance. Luckily, while I was at school, I didn't have those horrible sinus infections that would literally send me to the emergency room. Now, since I woken up, my ears hurt, my chest hurts, my whole face hurts and feels like it's about to explode, and my nose is stuffy. I thank y'all for sharing your experiences and the medicine y'all take.

Old 07-13-2011, 09:21 AM

More information about vitamin C. If your health is fine and are not suffering from seasonal allergies or a cold/flue, do not overdose on vitamin C. It will irritate your stomach and will cause other stomach problem. Unlike, what many people think, overdosage of vitamin C does not prevent you from getting a cold nor a flue.

Keep in mind that the daily intake of vitamin C recommended by the FDA is only 60 mg.

Old 07-13-2011, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTT View Post
More information about vitamin C. If your health is fine and are not suffering from seasonal allergies or a cold/flue, do not overdose on vitamin C. It will irritate your stomach and will cause other stomach problem. Unlike, what many people think, overdosage of vitamin C does not prevent you from getting a cold nor a flue.

Keep in mind that the daily intake of vitamin C recommended by the FDA is only 60 mg.
Is orange juice good for allergy/sinus?

Old 07-13-2011, 09:53 AM

1,822 posts, read 2,001,310 times
Allergies and sinus problems have been especially bad for me this year. I'd say that some of it is the drier weather, although when I was in Colorado, I had absolutely no issues, and when I returned to Texas, they immediately started up again. That leads to the other factor: pollution. The air here is nasty, and it's only a matter of time before more people start seeing for themselves - in their own lives - just how bad it is. The longer you are here, and the older you get...

Old 07-13-2011, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunderpig View Post
Allergies and sinus problems have been especially bad for me this year. I'd say that some of it is the drier weather, although when I was in Colorado, I had absolutely no issues, and when I returned to Texas, they immediately started up again. That leads to the other factor: pollution. The air here is nasty, and many people will start seeing for themselves, in their own lives, the longer they are here and as the older they get.
I think the South period is not a haven for allergy/sinus suffers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston