Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 08:48 AM

187 posts, read 714,231 times

Advertisements

In addition to the areas the others have mentioned I was going to suggest looking at areas in Magnolia. There are several acreage communities that are still Woodlands-adjacent (Woodforest, Sendera Ranch, etc) though most are zoned to either Magnolia ISD or Montgomery ISD. You might also look at Carriage Hills off FM 1488. It's an older, established community with large wooded lots and I believe it may be zoned to Conroe ISD (the new Jacob's Reserve is at the entrance of Carriage Hills and it is definitely zoned to CISD).

Last thought...if you're just looking for a larger lot there are some to be found within The Woodlands itself. I'm on 1/2 acre and there's at least one neighboring home for sale on a similar lot. I know you said you're sick of the cookie-cutter MPCs so that may not be what you're looking for but thought I'd throw it out there nonetheless.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2011, 09:12 AM

454 posts, read 1,585,583 times
Lake Windcrest seems a bit far out for me. I've looked at homes in that area before and it was a bit of a drive to get anywhere. I don't want more than a 10min drive to get groceries and such. So far Bender's Landing has quick access to both Hardy Toll Road and to Rayford which has conveniences such as Walgreens, Krogers, fast food, etc... So it did not feel too remote or too far outside of town. 15min from the mall at The Woodlands is decent as well, plus if they finish the Grand Parkway extension between 45 and 59, this area would have easy access to both major freeways as well.

We'll see. I am liking the idea of buying a few lots side by side and building in the middle of them. Once I get a bit closer to making a decision, I will just get in touch with a Realtor in that area to get their input. I am just trying to narrow down my list of choices. I can buy the land in Bender's now and then just build the house when I'm ready which sounds nice to me since I want a more unique home since I need a rather large garage compared to most 2-3 car garages. So perhaps a new construction build will make more sense, but we'll see. It may be cheaper to buy an existing home and then build a bigger garage once we move in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston