Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 12:25 PM

2 posts, read 7,684 times

Advertisements

We currently live in Sugar Land and are planning to move to Katy in the next year or two. I have done alot of research into all the neighborhoods but there is so much information (good and bad) about them all. I'd like to see what the consensus here is ... to use as a gauge of sorts.

So far we have looked at Cinco (obivously), Firethorne, Woodcreek Reserve, Cross Creek Ranch, and Pine Mill Ranch.

What I would like to know is from this point forward how would you rank the neighborhoods in terms of which ones you would live in, which ones have longevity regarding growth and appreciation, etc ...

If there are any I left off feel free to name them, if there are specific likes and dislikes you'd like to point out I would love to hear them.

I like Cinco alot but I feel I can get more home and land in Firethorne and Woodcreek and still be in general vicinity. However, I have heard negatives about Firethorne and Woodcreek seems stalled?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2011, 02:57 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,111,665 times
Cinco over the rest. Yes, it will always stand to reason that homes in less desirable neighborhoods will be give you more house for the money than in more desireable neighborhoods.

I am not saying the others are in bad areas at all - only that Cinco will maintain value better than they will. They are still good.

Old 08-04-2011, 03:33 PM

430 posts, read 1,250,663 times
Seven Meadows or Cinco Ranch.

Old 08-04-2011, 03:36 PM

3,333 posts, read 9,129,919 times
What's the hood at Westheimer Parkway and Mason (north side of the road). I always thought that area around the Equestrian Center was pretty nice.

Ronnie

Old 08-04-2011, 03:40 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,111,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCatherine View Post
Seven Meadows or Cinco Ranch.
You are right - I would stack Seven Meadows with Cinco. Grand Lakes is nice - to get as SE as possible for a commute.

Old 08-04-2011, 03:46 PM

430 posts, read 1,250,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonRonnie View Post
What's the hood at Westheimer Parkway and Mason (north side of the road). I always thought that area around the Equestrian Center was pretty nice.

Ronnie
That area is Cinco Ranch, Ronnie. Kelliwood is also nice.

Old 08-04-2011, 04:04 PM

3,333 posts, read 9,129,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCatherine View Post
That area is Cinco Ranch, Ronnie. Kelliwood is also nice.

I've only been here for 20 years. LOL

Ronnie

Old 08-04-2011, 04:28 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,353,911 times
Check out Cardiff Ranch off of 1463. It's a new community a few miles north of 1093 (westpark tollway). They just started building last year and the community and amenities are pretty great. My fiance and I both looked at all of the surrounding 'pocket' communities and Cinco...this fit us best. We will be closing on a Westin home there in a couple weeks.

Old 08-05-2011, 07:44 AM

2 posts, read 7,684 times
Chery,

What are your thoughts/feelings on Woodcreek Reserve in particular?

Old 08-05-2011, 09:41 AM

20 posts, read 41,140 times
I agree with Chery about Cinco. It does seem to be better as far as retention of value, etc. Having said that, we ended up not buying in Cinco. Instead we chose Firethorne. The biggest reason for me was the house/lot size for your money. It seemed that everything in Cinco was $20-30k more for the same house, on a smaller lot. So, in the end, we spent less for a larger house, on a larger lot, than what we could get in Cinco. The trade-off is amenities - definitely more in Cinco. Of course, you would expect that in a community that has >11,000 homes vs. one that has just over 1,000.

As far as Firethorne stalling, I don't think that is an accurate statement. If you look at the new sections being built (West Firethorne in Lamar ISD, and East Firethorne across FM 1463), they are moving right along.

As for the other ones that you mentioned, each has its +/-.

At the end of the day, it comes down to which community you feel comfortable in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston