Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 04:31 PM

2 posts, read 16,004 times

Advertisements

Hello all.... I am from NJ and will be relocating to Humble TX. I know nothing about the area and I think I may have made some mistakes. Hopefully you can tell how big of mistakes they are.....OK, my mother and I bought 2 houses in Humble, 1 is a Royster Home in the Green Summer Ln area and the othe is a KB Home in the Kenswick area. I did some research before we purchased, but may be not enough. So whats the scoop on these areas as far as crime and schools? Also, I have heard about KB Homes falling apart, but i was under the impression that it was only in certain states ie: CA and AZ, Is anybody aware of KB problems in this area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2007, 05:24 PM

832 posts, read 3,852,427 times
Better off looking in Kingwood, Eagle Springs, Atascocita, Fall Creek, and Summerwood. I haven't heard of Green Summer Ln. The schools in Kenswick are not good. KB homes are also spotty here.

Old 08-13-2007, 06:03 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,580,413 times
Looks like the Kenswick area has a lot of rental properties which can't be good. Never heard of green summer lane.

Old 08-13-2007, 07:02 PM

2,282 posts, read 4,056,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliciak619 View Post
Hello all.... I am from NJ and will be relocating to Humble TX. I know nothing about the area and I think I may have made some mistakes. Hopefully you can tell how big of mistakes they are.....OK, my mother and I bought 2 houses in Humble, 1 is a Royster Home in the Green Summer Ln area and the othe is a KB Home in the Kenswick area. I did some research before we purchased, but may be not enough. So whats the scoop on these areas as far as crime and schools? Also, I have heard about KB Homes falling apart, but i was under the impression that it was only in certain states ie: CA and AZ, Is anybody aware of KB problems in this area?
Green Summer Ln. appears to be a bit further west of Kenswick - north of 1960.

I believe both of these areas fall into an area where it is Humble TX mailing address but Aldine school district. This is the "better" part of Aldine - I think - but still what some think of as a less desirable school district.

This is also an area that was affected by the opening of an additional runway at Houston Intercontinental Airport.

CHARGE

Old 08-13-2007, 10:41 PM

960 posts, read 2,748,984 times
That's HUGE bad, sell 'em, especially when it comes with KB.

Old 08-15-2007, 03:27 PM

2 posts, read 16,004 times
Thank you all so much. If theres anything else that comes to mind , please let me know.

Old 08-16-2007, 11:18 PM

151 posts, read 640,946 times
Hey Forum Friends - I noticed TWO comments bashing KB Homes. What's that about? I had considered looking at their communities after I touched down...

Old 08-17-2007, 07:57 AM

4,900 posts, read 13,729,484 times
KB has a rep for shoddy workmanship. Also their houses look like crap, nothing but cookie cutter siding homes.

Old 08-17-2007, 12:18 PM

320 posts, read 296,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliciak619 View Post
There's really nothing wrong with Humble, except the fact most of the area is built around HWY 59. I HATE that route, only because the traffic is just as bad a 45 at times. Also, 59 is a major evacuation route in Houston and not even a good one, because once you pass Humble, you're stuck on a tiny two-lane highway with rural East Texas cities.. Those are the only reasons I dislike the area, minus the fact I hate living within two miles of a freeway.

Old 08-18-2007, 06:27 AM

2,282 posts, read 4,056,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDBreaux View Post
There's really nothing wrong with Humble, except the fact most of the area is built around HWY 59. I HATE that route, only because the traffic is just as bad a 45 at times. Also, 59 is a major evacuation route in Houston and not even a good one, because once you pass Humble, you're stuck on a tiny two-lane highway with rural East Texas cities.. Those are the only reasons I dislike the area, minus the fact I hate living within two miles of a freeway.
I dare to differ....the rush hour traffic on US 59 is a minimal nuisance as compared to some of the other major arterial freeways in Houston. 59 is not a "tiny two-lane highway" north of Humble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: