Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 10:07 AM

789 posts, read 1,527,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBomb View Post
the european formula is always start some euro trend in the US. notice the new chryslers have the LED brows now
This is true. American car companies are actually trying to catch up with European cars. Chrysler is definitely not shy about promoting it. Others are adding things here and there. The Dodge Durango commercials had me laughing out loud, talking about their cars being developed after driving "on those sporty European roads". I didn't know Europe had that many more sporty roads, that it would make the car handle much better on American roads. The new Ford Explorer has tried to completely rip-off the Range Rover. Although, it does look better for it. So yes, over the past 5 or so years, American cars have been aggressive in trying to add a little European flavor to their vehicles. Except when they want to sell old idea of American muscle. I won't lie, I would gladly take a Camaro. I really couldn't care less about the others though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2011, 10:29 AM

Location: Where nothing ever grows. No rain or rivers flow, Texas
1,085 posts, read 1,581,122 times
I hope this is not offensive.. I've said it before. Do you notice you feel differently about black people who drive a VW or an Audi? To be honest, it actually make me smile. They also turn out to be very nice people. Whats up with that? That's what the VAG brand is about.

Old 08-22-2011, 10:59 AM

789 posts, read 1,527,774 times
I don't necessarily feel different about black people that drive Audi's, I just think they have great taste (I'm a Audi guy). I do think they may be more open minded about certain things though, be that true or not. I have noticed that people of different races do drive similar cars (What's up with that?). Many black people in Houston (in my opinion and experience) drive old Cadillac's, 1996, 2003 and most recent Impalas, Chargers, Pontiac's, and Chrysler 300's. Seem to be the most popular brands in Houston among a lot of black people (of course there are many in-between). I could go on into other races, but then this post would be to long. But, no I don't feel "different" about it.

P.S. You question is not offensive. Only to people who defensive about their race. Now is the question valid, haha?

Old 08-23-2011, 12:57 PM

433 posts, read 701,492 times
Quote:
I dont think my Audis ever needed an LSD even at 320HP on the B5 A4. It will stick and something else has to give
I have a starlet on steroids, its a keeper
Well, LSD doesn't mean limited-slip at the wheel, it means the wheels spin at the same time(evenly)-stick or not. Any type of drag racing benefits from this.

I don't blame you for keeping the starlet.

Old 08-23-2011, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pach84 View Post
Well, LSD doesn't mean limited-slip at the wheel, it means the wheels spin at the same time(evenly)-stick or not. Any type of drag racing benefits from this.

I don't blame you for keeping the starlet.
Are we still talking about the quattro (AWD traction control already built in)?

Old 08-23-2011, 03:21 PM

433 posts, read 701,492 times
Quote:
Are we still talking about the quattro (AWD traction control already built in)?
Not all A4 1.8 T have quattro and you didn't mention it. Besides, even the quattro is a combination; it is quattro only in the center and not at the axles. Quattro(traction control) and LSD do different things. That is why Audi's do well in auto-cross and road racing, not drag racing.

Old 08-23-2011, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pach84 View Post
Not all A4 1.8 T have quattro and you didn't mention it. Besides, even the quattro is a combination; it is quattro only in the center and not at the axles. Quattro(traction control) and LSD do different things. That is why Audi's do well in auto-cross and road racing, not drag racing.
arr youre like a moving target man
I mentioned breaking axles on an Audi, you mentioned LSD might help. I disagreed because 1. traction is not an issue with Audi quattros, not my issue atleast, even on the drag strip. 2. going back to the original issue, if you have a good amount of power, sticky tires/pavement and a heavy car - or imagine you have 30" wheels - and you launch the car and the engine cannot abruptly overpower the wheels due to whatever mechanical reason (weight, grip, LSD etc) then something else has to give like 1. engine dies 2. fry the clutch 3. break gears 4. break CV joints
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: