U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 02:05 PM
NTT NTT started this thread

655 posts, read 911,979 times

Advertisements

For Over The Air channels, Me-TV has been broadcasted on channel 57.5. Something was happening in the middle of last night. Channel 57 and its subs were going out and in. This morning, I turned to 57.5 and Me-TV is no longer broadcasted.

I've been searching online but found no information on it. Did Kube TV got rid of it? Anyone know?

My favorite channel ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2011, 02:59 PM

Location: Where nothing ever grows. No rain or rivers flow, Texas
1,085 posts, read 478,044 times
not enough viewers i guess

Old 09-02-2011, 03:19 PM

995 posts, read 1,038,427 times
Me-TV? I wonder what that was about.

It could still exist. Recently, my set (over the air) lost or forgot about a particular channel that I had programmed. I tried tuning it in manually with the remote, but that didn't work. I ended up doing the reprogram / auto channel search, and it came back. Maybe they went to a different frequency or something not obvious at the viewer level, because the channel still had the same assignment (49.2). There's a couple of ways to map the stations.

Old 09-02-2011, 04:16 PM

10,440 posts, read 10,181,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBomb View Post
I bet it has more than "Pegasus TV" (57.4) a channel about horses

PegasusTV - In Celebration of the Horse (http://www.pegasustv.com/whatispegasustv.htm - broken link)

Old 09-02-2011, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunderpig View Post
Me-TV? I wonder what that was about.

It could still exist. Recently, my set (over the air) lost or forgot about a particular channel that I had programmed. I tried tuning it in manually with the remote, but that didn't work. I ended up doing the reprogram / auto channel search, and it came back. Maybe they went to a different frequency or something not obvious at the viewer level, because the channel still had the same assignment (49.2). There's a couple of ways to map the stations.
Yes, I'm familiar with that process. I do have to retune from time to time. However, if the main channel (57.1) comes in, all the sub channels (57.2, 57.3, 57.4, etc.) that were already picked up should also be there. Normally, 57.5 shows up as Me-TV on display. Now, channel 57.5 shows up as Kube 57.5 as it's no longer Me-TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBomb View Post
Hum... I doubt it. Me-TV was a local network in Chicago and later added in Milwakee. On December of 2010, Me-TV became a national network. The network is still there, alive. It's just not on our local OTA channel list right now. As I mentioned, I can pick up 57.5 on my TV but nothing is showing. It was really a good and decent family TV network.

Old 09-02-2011, 07:28 PM

5,623 posts, read 7,608,582 times
I hope it's not gone. I like watching Wild Wild West on there.

Old 09-03-2011, 01:15 AM

Good news! Me-TV is back! It was back after midnight. It has been gone out for about 24 hrs.. Maybe Kube TV had to reset their networks or something. I'm so glad to see it back!

Westhou, I like WWW too! So many of these show episodes I've never seen before. Most of the time, it's like watching them for the first time. Oh, and all of those young faces of successful celebrities (later in life), it's sure a treat to see them when they first started their careers.

Well, I'm a happy camper when I turned over to channel 57.5 and saw the familiar face of US Marshal Matt Dillon.

If you'd like to watch Me-TV: Me-TV Network | Memorable Entertainment Television. Sorry, I don't know which channel it would be on cable or satellite networks.

Have a great Labor Day!

Old 09-03-2011, 12:36 PM

5,623 posts, read 7,608,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NTT View Post
Good news! Me-TV is back! It was back after midnight. It has been gone out for about 24 hrs.. Maybe Kube TV had to reset their networks or something. I'm so glad to see it back!

Westhou, I like WWW too! So many of these show episodes I've never seen before. Most of the time, it's like watching them for the first time. Oh, and all of those young faces of successful celebrities (later in life), it's sure a treat to see them when they first started their careers.

Well, I'm a happy camper when I turned over to channel 57.5 and saw the familiar face of US Marshal Matt Dillon.

If you'd like to watch Me-TV: Me-TV Network | Memorable Entertainment Television. Sorry, I don't know which channel it would be on cable or satellite networks.

Have a great Labor Day!
Thanks for the update

Old 12-30-2011, 11:33 PM

Update:

By now you probably know... but if you didn't, Me-TV was recently moved from 57.5 to 57.4.

Old 12-30-2011, 11:38 PM

1,657 posts, read 2,230,178 times
We still get the Me-TV down here in the Corpus Christi area (channel 3.2). Pretty good stuff... love watching those old Gomer Pyle episodes!

Ian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston