Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 05:37 AM

835 posts, read 774,372 times

Advertisements

You're right on Smashburger too.....another tasteless burger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2011, 08:06 AM

1,650 posts, read 3,804,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark01 View Post
You're right on Smashburger too.....another tasteless burger.
There is no other fast food chain burger patty that tastes as good as Smash.
I don't even need any condiments on it. Just give me the patty. Oh, and some of those olive oil fries, please.

KK is like the McD's quarter pounder. Assembly line, manufactured, plastic-like.

Old 10-22-2011, 09:18 AM

1,326 posts, read 3,451,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d2mini View Post
There is no other fast food chain burger patty that tastes as good as Smash.
I don't even need any condiments on it. Just give me the patty. Oh, and some of those olive oil fries, please.

KK is like the McD's quarter pounder. Assembly line, manufactured, plastic-like.
You clearly were born without any taste buds.
I tried Smashburger once and it was about the greasiest messiest burger I had ever had.
I couldn't even enjoy it because of all the grease and the burger kept falling apart.
Don't even get me started on KK.
No other donut place even comes CLOSE.

Old 10-22-2011, 11:26 AM

1,650 posts, read 3,804,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD26 View Post
I tried Smashburger once and it was about the greasiest messiest burger I had ever had.
You say this like it's a bad thing! LOL!
The more fat in the burger, the better the taste. BRING IT ON!

Old 10-22-2011, 04:37 PM

682 posts, read 1,942,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark01 View Post
so has anyone ever seen Lonestar doughnuts? The story said in 2006 they were going in the KK locations......but I know in Clear Lake there is a Genghis Grill there now (how ironic).
They were calle Jumbles and didn't last more than a few weeks. Check out the links that have been previously posted fo more details on what happened.

Old 10-22-2011, 04:40 PM

3,283 posts, read 6,051,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d2mini View Post
ok, first of all, if you were talking about me, i'm not tubby because I don't eat poison (grain) anymore. You might as well eat plastic.

second, jogging will get you nowhere. Evidenced by all the hamsters on their wheels in the gym that are there daily. Eat what your body was meant to function on (protein, fat and slow carbs like fruits and vegetables) and you can eat until you're blue in the face and not gain weight, and with VERY LITTLE exercise. Exercise for heart/muscle health, but don't bother if your goal is to lose weight.

Best $15 you'll spend in your life. Heck, it might even save your life.
Amazon.com: Why We Get Fat: And What to Do About It (9780307272706): Gary Taubes: Books
so you are advocating being able to eat as much as you want all the time. fat is what the body runs on so i can eat endless donuts, never exercise and not gain weight? sounds like a reformist tubby. i run and all the exercise i do is run. don't watch what i eat but i tend to like healthy things so i eat pretty well. i'm the same size i was my senior year in high school a decade ago. personal experiences always vary but don't talk about fiction like its fact

yeah cardiovascular exercise is no way to lose weight....

Old 10-22-2011, 06:02 PM

471 posts, read 1,607,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
Lifelong Houstonian here - when I heard Krispy Kreme was coming a few years ago - couldn't wait to try them after all I had heard. What I found was a heavy cake-like glazed donut - so disappointed.
+1

They are also much too sweet to me. I actually like cake donuts generally speaking, but without glaze and must have lots of coffee to go along with them.

Btw if you're into pastry and don't mind grocery store bakeries, I think Randalls makes the best apple fritters: dark, and especially, crunchy on the outside and soft inside, with just enough apple bits for flavor....unlike most other stores' "fritters" which usually taste like a generic fried cinnamon bun in the shape of a fritter with way too much apple filling (not just bits) crammed into them.

Old 10-23-2011, 11:08 AM

12,735 posts, read 21,779,367 times
I'm just sitting thinking that I can't believe that Houston doesn't have a KK. Dang, it seems like, from what I read, that chains aren't really Houston-friendly. LOL!

Old 10-23-2011, 12:59 PM

1,574 posts, read 2,966,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBoy205 View Post
I'm just sitting thinking that I can't believe that Houston doesn't have a KK. Dang, it seems like, from what I read, that chains aren't really Houston-friendly. LOL!
Houston almost only has chains with the exception of Mexican taquerías and other good immigrant food.

Old 10-23-2011, 01:05 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,779,367 times
Y'all don't have KK, Checker's/Rally's, Krystal, Belk (which is a Southern department store)...Do y'all even have a Church's?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston