U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 11:04 PM

884 posts, read 661,616 times
I think rent homes should be banned as those homes have torn hoods up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2011, 07:04 AM

2,075 posts, read 2,204,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Call CPS
Seriously...because kids are loud and playing in the front yard? Do you realize the thousands of kids that go home to meth labs and crack dens, prostitution rings etc., and that the workload of cps is so large that they can't keep up with kids living in these horrible conditions? CPS is for ABUSIVE families, not annoying ones.

Old 10-21-2011, 08:39 AM

807 posts, read 1,200,932 times
Is there anything you can talk to them about perhaps bringing the kids outside play to the back yard or perhaps a playground (if there is one nearby)?
Definitely get oriented with childcare regulators to ensure they are conducting business under the law (don't want to have another Tata case).

Have you reached out to the owner of the property? are they cool with this business?

If nothing else...have you thought of perhaps changing rooms in your own home so that at least you can sleep your hours while the kids play. I know this is probably a tough decision. I have a sister who is a police officer in the 3rd shift (not in Houston) and I feel for her every time she says she was not able to sleep during day time hours.

Old 10-21-2011, 08:59 AM
fnh

980 posts, read 876,433 times
In a non-HOA neighborhood I think the only angle you can take is to look into whether this is a business operating without a license. I personally find it reasonable (and desirable) for a group of kids to play outside for an hour or two every day during daylight hours, whether in the front yard or back. I feel for you that you work shifts but no one can expect the same level of quiet during the day as during night. The sound of children playing is about as natural and normal as you can get. I am annoyed when the birds wake me up too early but what can you do?

Old 10-21-2011, 09:26 AM

481 posts, read 469,407 times
call the news media...bring up the jessica tata situation, and how you can see this turning into something similiar.....

Last edited by v2four; 10-21-2011 at 10:01 AM..

Old 10-21-2011, 09:48 AM

294 posts, read 588,648 times
I can understand the noise issue, but the very last thing I would EVER do is involve the CPS who could create a nightmare for what might be a perfectly fine family, especially when there is absolutely
no sign of abuse.

Old 10-22-2011, 10:25 AM

2,628 posts, read 2,383,790 times
daycares don't have to be licensed in the state of texas. doesnt matter how many kids they have. calling RCCL (CPS's daycare branch) wouldn't do anything because it's likely not a licensed daycare. if you find out they are licensed you can report them for the kids playing in the street

you live in an area that allows businesses to be run out of homes. should have thought about the chances of that when you purchased

if you see young children outside in the street alone (adults are inside/do not appear to be watching) you can call CPS. if you see the adults leave the home and there are children there, certainly call CPS. otherwise just sounds like one of a million sh***y unregulated daycares
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston