U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-19-2013, 11:47 AM
 
1 posts, read 530 times
Reputation: 10
They replaced one of my windows about 3 years ago, and now I'm having problems with it, again. Does anyone know if their windows are still under warranty and who can I call?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-19-2013, 02:21 PM
 
Location: Houston/Brenham
1,220 posts, read 1,646,591 times
Reputation: 1102
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsablatura View Post
They replaced one of my windows about 3 years ago, and now I'm having problems with it, again. Does anyone know if their windows are still under warranty and who can I call?
I think they have a five year warranty on their glass. The problem is they went kaput, so I have no idea if they are even around to answer the phones.

Can't hurt to call.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2013, 10:59 AM
 
1 posts, read 480 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsablatura View Post
They replaced one of my windows about 3 years ago, and now I'm having problems with it, again. Does anyone know if their windows are still under warranty and who can I call?

I just called 281-440-7000 spoke about one of my windows which was manufactured and installed by Champion Windows. The windows have a 10 year warranty and they are sending out the sub-contractor they use, Hou-Tex Glass & Mirror 713-777-0748.

Last edited by wales3150; 04-03-2013 at 11:46 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2013, 07:54 PM
 
Location: Sugar Land
1,957 posts, read 2,361,325 times
Reputation: 2140
I am resurrecting this thread since my yard man managed to break one of my Champion windows with a rock. Bummer.

Was this sub-contractor (Hou-Tex Glass & Mirror) decent in terms of quality of work? I wonder if I call the sub-contracor directly maybe I ca get a better price?

Anyone does have any ideas on how can I save cost in replacing this Champion double-pane window?


Quote:
Originally Posted by wales3150 View Post
I just called 281-440-7000 spoke about one of my windows which was manufactured and installed by Champion Windows. The windows have a 10 year warranty and they are sending out the sub-contractor they use, Hou-Tex Glass & Mirror 713-777-0748.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2013, 09:38 PM
 
Location: Houston/Brenham
1,220 posts, read 1,646,591 times
Reputation: 1102
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanw View Post
Was this sub-contractor (Hou-Tex Glass & Mirror) decent in terms of quality of work? I wonder if I call the sub-contracor directly maybe I ca get a better price?
Hou-Tex does decent work. Call them directly, they'll be glad to do it. Their price should be competitive with other glass companies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2013, 12:54 PM
 
Location: off west freeway
21 posts, read 31,150 times
Reputation: 15
Default Wonderful Windows might help...

Used this company a while back great team and I doubt you'd have to worry about something like this happening to them...

Vinyl Windows Houston
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2013, 04:45 PM
 
Location: Houston/Brenham
1,220 posts, read 1,646,591 times
Reputation: 1102
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave7882 View Post
Used this company a while back great team and I doubt you'd have to worry about something like this happening to them...

Vinyl Windows Houston
Just out of curiosity, why do you say that? Champion had been around something like 40 years, and they were gone in a year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2013, 10:42 PM
 
Location: off west freeway
21 posts, read 31,150 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
Just out of curiosity, why do you say that? Champion had been around something like 40 years, and they were gone in a year.
Weren't they closed because of illegal employment?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2013, 10:48 PM
 
Location: Houston/Brenham
1,220 posts, read 1,646,591 times
Reputation: 1102
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave7882 View Post
Weren't they closed because of illegal employment?
Oh, I see what you're saying now...

Yeah, illegals killed 'em.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top