Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 01:42 PM

2,277 posts, read 3,960,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Neighbor once bought the cheapest cigars she could find. Soaked several in a couple of gallons of water a few days. She them poured the water around the perimeter of her yard. Supposedly, the neighborhood cats would think a lion peed in her yard. It worked, but had to be repeated after bigs rains.
Makes you wonder what's in cheap cigars
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2011, 02:02 PM

275 posts, read 416,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliking View Post
This seems to be the case, and is exactly what my wife said too. I detest cats and they know this - hence they try to love me more. Not a dog person either. If I had the time to sit around with a pellet gun, that cat would have been history by now. Good grief... I'm starting to feel like Elmer Fudd!
So, if someone decides s/he doesn't like you, does that mean s/he can decide to shoot YOU with a pellet gun?!

Sounds as if you wouldn't object to that since you believe it's OK to do in kind . . .

Old 10-25-2011, 02:04 PM

275 posts, read 416,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermac34 View Post
If they are feeding a stray cat, that is an easy fix, take it or have it taken to a shelter.

If they have "adopted" it then they need to control their animal.

I have no idea why people think it is OK for them to let their cats loose in a neighborhood. They spread fleas and poop everywhere.

I've read that you can spread black pepper in your lawn, but I'd imagine it is either a wives' tale or it would wash away.
Cats don't all spread flees, but all of them do have to poop.

What do you do then about birds, squirrels, etc. who poop in the neighborhood? I'm sure there's plenty of other animal poop in just about anyone's yard! Hmm . . .

Old 10-25-2011, 02:09 PM

2,277 posts, read 3,960,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativetexasgal View Post
Cats don't all spread flees, but all of them do have to poop.

What do you do then about birds, squirrels, etc. who poop in the neighborhood? I'm sure there's plenty of other animal poop in just about anyone's yard! Hmm . . .
Cats don't bother me, but all the same they do not belong roaming the streets and for someone that doesn't like to have them in their yard, they're perfectly justified catching and removing them (humanely) or dissuading them with repellants. I do not advocate BB repellants however, as that is just wrong.

Old 10-25-2011, 05:46 PM

101 posts, read 307,274 times
Ok simmer down folks... the pellet gun idea is not practical as I stated before, so don't get your knickers in a bundle about this. If possible, it would be great to stay on topic. If the need for physical harm is that intense, please coordinate a rendezvous via pm and have at it.

I don't go leaving piles of feces on other people's property, so I don't understand why it would be okay for others to let their pets leave theirs on mine. You should see the mounds this cat has left. I am yet to notice squirrel poop (ever). If cats could defecate more discretely, I would probably have less of a problem.

I'm all for humane repellants and such. I read about moth balls and cayenne before posting, so I'll try those. Had thought about predator urine also (worked against rabbits and deer in the Midwest) so will probably try that as well.

Thanks again for the suggestions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston