U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 10:02 AM

1,285 posts, read 1,609,560 times

Advertisements

At this price range, every builder has to set themselves apart in one way or the other while giving up something somewhere else. Some push their energy efficiency, some push a certain style like lots of huge windows, and from what I keep reading on this forum, Westin seems to be popular for this "wow" factor of grand entry's and staircases. Makes me wonder what you are giving up and just make sure you really do your research and don't get blinded by the "wow". For instance, I couldn't find it but didn't I read somewhere on these forums that they don't include radiant barrier as standard??? I could have mis-read. But something like that should definitely be standard these days. Also the first thing you should ask when you walk in the model is "what's the base price of this house, and how much was added in upgrades?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2011, 10:47 AM

687 posts, read 1,050,162 times
It's not standard in all but 3-4 of their communities.

Standard just means you are paying for it in the base price, it's a tactic Westin uses to keep their base prices low. It runs like 1K - 1800K for most of their floor plans.

I watched them build mine and builders like Plantation/Meritage/Chesmar, and they all do the same things. So not really skimping on anything.

But yea do your research if you are doubtful. I did and I'm glad we went with Westin, we loved the floor plan and have been happy with the quality and materials.

Old 10-30-2011, 10:22 PM

35 posts, read 62,482 times
We just moved into our Westin and we couldn't be happier. We upgraded anything we felt that was needed for a quality home. We have seen other people's homes being built by other builders and have noticed things that we felt Westin did much better as far as the structure in general. Craftsmanship as far as Westin seems to give a high end "wow" factor look that I have not seen in any other builder in our price range. With that said I think that every builder has their things that they add in or offer to make them unique, but you certainly are not giving up anything when you go with Westin. If anything you are getting everything as long as you upgrade to all the structural things needed and you still get that "wow" factor you are getting best of both worlds!! A house you can be confident to live in and a home that you can love every time you walk into it.

Old 11-07-2011, 07:02 PM

17 posts, read 32,160 times
Westin did have the wow factor, that is why we purchased with them as well. The entrance to me gave that wow factor and the arches as well. I am glad we purchase the Westin vs Perry.

Old 06-09-2014, 08:48 PM

1 posts, read 300 times
What brick brand was used in your Westin home? We really like your brick color.

Old 06-10-2014, 12:10 AM

1,033 posts, read 1,105,674 times
Our Westin is ACME brick.

Old 06-10-2014, 01:54 AM

7,351 posts, read 8,059,337 times
Most big builders use Acme as the majority brick supplier.

Old 06-10-2014, 09:38 AM

687 posts, read 1,050,162 times
Our westin has boral, It was due to the color we picked.
so far brick is holding up just fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston