Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 08:32 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,278,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
You know the saying...you can't please everybody.

Some people only see the bad in all things.
I used to live in "another city" that was amazing to visit.
Moved there... it sucked to live in it.

Visited Houston... not much to do for a tourist
moved here, love it and will never change it for anything.

Old 11-17-2011, 08:47 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,825,153 times
First Colony is quite nice, and having your friends and family here is icing on the cake.

Don't worry about the haters. Half the people posting how much they despise Houston are probably bored teenagers with nothing to do but spew venom anonymously on the web.

Old 11-17-2011, 08:55 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,804,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
First Colony is quite nice, and having your friends and family here is icing on the cake.

Don't worry about the haters. Half the people posting how much they despise Houston are probably bored teenagers with nothing to do but spew venom anonymously on the web.
It is especially with Desis but that is Sugar Land.

Old 11-17-2011, 10:37 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,919,735 times
Tell them its horrible it will keep the haters out. Haters arent usually contributors.

Old 11-18-2011, 12:34 AM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,446,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
I used to live in "another city" that was amazing to visit.
Moved there... it sucked to live in it.

Visited Houston... not much to do for a tourist
moved here, love it and will never change it for anything.
That is awesome! Correct in that there is not much to do for a tourist...unless that tourist runs into a real friend who knows the city and shows them around Houston.

Maybe I should move back to Houston and become the supreme H-Town tour mister

Old 11-18-2011, 12:50 AM

Location: Where nothing ever grows. No rain or rivers flow, Texas
1,085 posts, read 1,580,954 times
Many people have lots of different reasons to hate this city. I personally hate that everyone seem to talk like realtors.

This city is also the land of the opportunistic. One other thing is I do find the city very boring. It seem they make Houston boring on purpose. Here's an example : The children's festival in the Woodlands. Wow. You can imagine in other cities, they'd bring in some Nickelodeon or cartoon/comic character mascot or a sports hero maybe. Houston's children's festival had Thomas train guy woohoo. When you get there, you pay for parking and see that the fair is basically on the driveway of that parking garage. Everyone is some local business/banks advertising, literally. Those are normally just the fillers and giving away flyers & balloons but in this event thats all you get, plus the local firetruck and ambulance. The mascots that showed up were from HEB and ChikfillA. And that Thomas character was just his faces 'peeking' thru drapes. $9 for a hotdog? wow. I'm telling you guys, third world countries have better fairs than this. Something like this would be called a scam.

Boring!

Old 11-18-2011, 01:43 AM

12,498 posts, read 26,987,932 times
People hate Houston because they can't understand it.

Old 11-18-2011, 02:49 AM

385 posts, read 967,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBomb View Post
Many people have lots of different reasons to hate this city. I personally hate that everyone seem to talk like realtors.

This city is also the land of the opportunistic. One other thing is I do find the city very boring. It seem they make Houston boring on purpose. Here's an example : The children's festival in the Woodlands. Wow. You can imagine in other cities, they'd bring in some Nickelodeon or cartoon/comic character mascot or a sports hero maybe. Houston's children's festival had Thomas train guy woohoo. When you get there, you pay for parking and see that the fair is basically on the driveway of that parking garage. Everyone is some local business/banks advertising, literally. Those are normally just the fillers and giving away flyers & balloons but in this event thats all you get, plus the local firetruck and ambulance. The mascots that showed up were from HEB and ChikfillA. And that Thomas character was just his faces 'peeking' thru drapes. $9 for a hotdog? wow. I'm telling you guys, third world countries have better fairs than this. Something like this would be called a scam.

Boring!
So your argument for Houston being boring is a Childrens festival in the Woodlands?

Besides the fact that the Woodlands aint Houston, hahahahahahahaha

Old 11-18-2011, 07:38 AM

208 posts, read 270,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tebor79 View Post
So your argument for Houston being boring is a Childrens festival in the Woodlands?

Besides the fact that the Woodlands aint Houston, hahahahahahahaha
So? If some band visits and have a concert at the Woodlands, we consider it as the Houston leg of their tour. right?

Last edited by BookerEast; 11-18-2011 at 07:47 AM..

Old 11-18-2011, 07:40 AM

3,333 posts, read 9,172,989 times
Trolling, trolling, trolling....

Ronnie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston