U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-30-2011, 01:54 AM
 
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
11,001 posts, read 8,877,358 times
Reputation: 5249

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBoy205 View Post
I hate that song.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-30-2011, 03:53 AM
 
Location: Underneath the Pecan Tree
15,831 posts, read 19,706,825 times
Reputation: 6680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
I know that sales didn't take off until after her death, so you don't have to keep repeating it, but evidently I do have to keep repeating to you the meaning of a lackluster lead single and poor promotion and how it hurts album sales. I've already explained to you why her first album didn't take off at first. Do you think I'm lying to you? Had she not passed away, I believe that "More Than A Woman" was going to be her next single, and I believe that with the right promotion, sales would have taken off after that song.

Contrary to your belief, I don't think I know everything, but I do know what I'm saying here. Despite the fact that you were most likely doing little else than watching cartoons, wetting the bed, and playing with toys for most of her career, you're entitled to your misguided opinion that Aaliyah was nothing special and had no significant impact. But, afterall, you are the same person who essentially said Alicia Keys couldn't sing and that The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill was overrated. For most black folks, those are signals that someone has a poor taste in music, and your opinion most certainly would be laughed at by most.
But why you in your feelings though??? it ain't that serious.

My opinions is my opinions and I don't care how old you were. When I was 11 and at the time of the highlight of her career; I was very aware of what was going on. No need to catch an attitude because you're wrong.

That's the difference between me and you; I don't need anyone to validate what I say. I could give two ****s what people think of my opinions; if I don't like something.....than I don't like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2011, 05:46 AM
 
Location: Southeast TX
677 posts, read 737,298 times
Reputation: 654
Beyonce is alright. Can be a bit overblown. Wish she wrote her own music then she would be good. People need to realize that she is a entertainer not a singer. She can sing but her music is about the same thing- "I want a man", "I hate men" or "I wish i was a man".

Last edited by llmrkc07; 11-30-2011 at 06:16 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2011, 07:46 AM
 
10,266 posts, read 10,552,841 times
Reputation: 2175
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
I hate that song.
Because she is so extra!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2011, 09:42 AM
 
Location: The Magnolia City
8,937 posts, read 5,750,536 times
Reputation: 4853
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
But why you in your feelings though??? it ain't that serious.

My opinions is my opinions and I don't care how old you were. When I was 11 and at the time of the highlight of her career; I was very aware of what was going on. No need to catch an attitude because you're wrong.

That's the difference between me and you; I don't need anyone to validate what I say. I could give two ****s what people think of my opinions; if I don't like something.....than I don't like it.
Cool. But you should also understand the difference between an enlightened opinion and a misguided one. As usual, yours is the latter.

You post here a lot, so it's about time you start working on contributing something of value.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2011, 10:16 AM
 
Location: At your mama's house
967 posts, read 963,100 times
Reputation: 1106
I liked Beyonce better before she sold her soul and married that devil-worshipping camel. Is that true that a lot of producers and writers won't write for her nowadays because she likes to take a lot of points via songwriting credits from them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2011, 10:30 AM
 
Location: Underneath the Pecan Tree
15,831 posts, read 19,706,825 times
Reputation: 6680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcooked_Oatmeal View Post
I liked Beyonce better before she sold her soul and married that devil-worshipping camel. Is that true that a lot of producers and writers won't write for her nowadays because she likes to take a lot of points via songwriting credits from them?
From what I heard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2011, 10:37 AM
 
Location: At your mama's house
967 posts, read 963,100 times
Reputation: 1106
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
From what I heard.
Her first solo album was great and still holds up well. The fall off from "Dangerously In Love" to "4" is quite obvious and I think that the songwriting credit issue has a hand in that. I heard about a songwriter who only made $20,000 from a hit single of hers that sold millions due to her and Matthew Knowles shenanigans.

Last edited by Overcooked_Oatmeal; 11-30-2011 at 10:47 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2011, 10:42 AM
 
Location: Underneath the Pecan Tree
15,831 posts, read 19,706,825 times
Reputation: 6680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcooked_Oatmeal View Post
Her first solo album was great and still holds up well. The fall off from "Dangerously In Love" to "4" is quite obvious. I heard about a songwriter who only made $20,000 from a hit single of hers that sold millions due to her and Matthew Knowles shenanigans.
My cousin's best friend currently works in the industry [not a songwriter] and I got the scoop from her. People would think with Beyonce being such a huge artist; songwriters would jump at the chance to work with her, but that's not the case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2011, 11:47 AM
 
466 posts, read 449,763 times
Reputation: 481
Yes, after the whole thing of her stating that she wrote "Irreplaceable" her biggest hit when in fact Neyo did the majority of the work. Also look at her songs, they have like 8 or 9 people writing on one song, minus the sample credits. Nevermind, the fact that she implied that she wrote "Emotion" when in fact it was a cover song. Plus just google her and all the lawsuits regarding her songwriting. Clearly her songwriting is overstated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top