U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 11-28-2011, 03:10 PM

15,753 posts, read 17,519,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
To be fair Alicia can sing the best of the 3.
Mary can hit the best notes of the 3.
And Beyonce yells and scream the most of the 3.

Beyonce is the most fun tho. She sounds young and hip. Alicia and Mary are for people getting over things lol.
No. Beyonce is easily the best of the 3; she has more range and control [she just overdo it sometimes]. Alicia and Mary yell and scream more than actually sing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 11-28-2011, 06:45 PM

6,058 posts, read 8,234,099 times
Quote:
LMAO, i don't think the people who hit it are deaf, they may have been blind tho
You've got to watch it though - I've seen that silent train run the red light on 3 separate occasions in the downtown area.

Unread 11-28-2011, 07:43 PM

9,884 posts, read 9,137,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
No. Beyonce is easily the best of the 3; she has more range and control [she just overdo it sometimes]. Alicia and Mary yell and scream more than actually sing.
If Aaliyah was alive, Beyonce' wouldn't be so big!

Unread 11-28-2011, 09:21 PM

8,751 posts, read 4,754,549 times
The bulk of you have terrible comprehension of vocal ability. That is all.

This is the Beyonce I loved>>>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S37SGxZSMc&ob=av2e

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nr8hPnZfMU&ob=av2e

She had carved out a unique niche for herself with songs like that, but she dropped the ball with I Am Sasha Fierce, once she jumped on the pop bandwagon.

Unread 11-28-2011, 09:26 PM

Beyonce' is good, but way blown out of proportion.

Unread 11-28-2011, 09:45 PM

18,521 posts, read 13,736,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBoy205 View Post
Aaliyah??? Seriously?

Her last single was the only one I liked. Made me wish she didn't die. Before that I could have cared less.

Aaliyah had good choreography but little much else

Unread 11-28-2011, 10:04 PM

8,751 posts, read 4,754,549 times
Quote:
Aaliyah??? Seriously?

Her last single was the only one I liked. Made me wish she didn't die. Before that I could have cared less.

Aaliyah had good choreography but little much else
What last single?

Aaliyah wasn't the strongest vocally, yet her voice still had so much depth and lushness to it. Her music itself was far more explorative, full, and sultry than anything any of her other peers had released.

Her absence has definitely left a void in the industry. You're either in tune with the quality and magic that her talent was, or you simply aren't.

Unread 11-28-2011, 10:20 PM

She was still young, so she could have had more maturing to do vocally. I think she would have given Beyonce' a run for her money.

Unread 11-28-2011, 10:50 PM

1,812 posts, read 1,246,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBoy205 View Post
What is the deal with the Aaliyah obsession? All I remember was her singing the song that was in the first Dr. Doolittle. And when I think reeeeal hard, I can only remember like 2 or 3 songs that are her signature you know it's hers when you hear it. The one from Dr. Doolittle and One in a Million.

Vocally she was so pathetic. I don't like the whispery soft singers. She was as bad as Mya. Granted, you don't have to be belting it out because Lord knows I can't scramble fast enough to mute the TV when JHud is on "It's a new dawn...it's a new dawn" please shut the muck up I GET you're skinny. I got the memo stop the commercials please! Beyonce is whisper quiet up against this girl. The Baptist church, howling and vibrato gets old. That's why I can't go to grandma's because I feel like a bad Christian ducking to the Valero because in at 10:30 out at 3 is a headache. Literally. And I need some kind of food.

I honestly think Aaliyah would have stopped singing and pursued acting more. I had hoped because she was blah singing wise I think. She was just really pretty so her death was taken hard.

Beyonce would have still been just as big because the obsession with her body helped her along. Aaliyah was more pretty face than body wise looks people consider the "ideal" for a black girl. Tiny waist, big a$$ and thighs, etc.

Aaliyah was more subdued. Perhaps Alicia Keys wouldn't have made it because Aaliyah would have still been around but she wouldn't have been able to touch Beyonce.

I don't even care for Beyonce all that much but I still say that.

Unread 11-28-2011, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaBlue View Post
What is the deal with the Aaliyah obsession? All I remember was her singing the song that was in the first Dr. Doolittle. And when I think reeeeal hard, I can only remember like 2 or 3 songs that are her signature you know it's hers when you hear it. The one from Dr. Doolittle and One in a Million.

Vocally she was so pathetic. I don't like the whispery soft singers. She was as bad as Mya. Granted, you don't have to be belting it out because Lord knows I can't scramble fast enough to mute the TV when JHud is on "It's a new dawn...it's a new dawn" please shut the muck up I GET you're skinny. I got the memo stop the commercials please! Beyonce is whisper quiet up against this girl. The Baptist church, howling and vibrato gets old. That's why I can't go to grandma's because I feel like a bad Christian ducking to the Valero because in at 10:30 out at 3 is a headache. Literally. And I need some kind of food.

I honestly think Aaliyah would have stopped singing and pursued acting more. I had hoped because she was blah singing wise I think. She was just really pretty so her death was taken hard.

Beyonce would have still been just as big because the obsession with her body helped her along. Aaliyah was more pretty face than body wise looks people consider the "ideal" for a black girl. Tiny waist, big a$$ and thighs, etc.

Aaliyah was more subdued. Perhaps Alicia Keys wouldn't have made it because Aaliyah would have still been around but she wouldn't have been able to touch Beyonce.

I don't even care for Beyonce all that much but I still say that.
Aaliyah would've gotten much better as she'd gotten older.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston