U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 11:20 AM

15,831 posts, read 19,197,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
If hanging out with Celebrities is what you see as the most important aspect of your future then Houston is not the place for you
Right.

Old 11-27-2011, 11:20 AM

10,183 posts, read 10,200,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
Yet Houston area had the most population growth.....
Do you understand what I'm saying????

Old 11-27-2011, 11:22 AM

15,831 posts, read 19,197,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBoy205 View Post
Do you understand what I'm saying????
Yes, but that will have a negative effect on the economy and city. Broke hopeless delusional people all moving to one city in hopes of being the next big thing only to end up with nothing but financial issues and broken dreams.

Old 11-27-2011, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Yes, but that will have a negative effect on the economy and city. Broke hopeless delusional people all moving to one city in hopes of being the next big thing only to end up with nothing but financial issues and broken dreams.
I agree, but I think I'm all over the place with what I'm trying to say.

Old 11-27-2011, 11:27 AM

5,413 posts, read 7,223,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBoy205 View Post
Cities with celebrities tend to be more touristy. If you have a city with celebrities, star hopefuls would take that into consideration and move to that particular city or visit there to see if they can "make it" into the entertainment industry. Cities like these include LA, NYC, Miami, and even Atlanta. There are so many hopefuls who dream of moving to LA and NYC because they are aware that those two cities are filled with stars that started off like them.
Sorry but that's @ss backwards. Star hopefuls move to Los Angeles and New York City because that's where the movie and television studios are and thus where they can find work. If Jay Z decided to move to Houston we are not going to start getting a wave of people moving here. Especially not in this economy. People typically move to where they can find work. Not where they can be around some celebrities. If I was an aspiring actor I'm not going to move to Miami just because a bunch of celebrities have homes there and like to party there. I would move to Los Angeles because that's where most of the movie and television studios are. Is this starting to make sense SouthernBoy?

Old 11-27-2011, 11:29 AM

676 posts, read 707,071 times
I don't think Texas carries that image and I'm glad it doesn't. They wont live here but I'm sure they will visit quite often. Houston nightlife is pretty hype.

Old 11-27-2011, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
Sorry but that's @ss backwards. Star hopefuls move to Los Angeles and New York City because that's where the movie and television studios are and thus where they can find work. If Jay Z decided to move to Houston we are not going to start getting a wave of people moving here. Especially not in this economy. People typically move to where they can find work. Not where they can be around some celebrities. If I was an aspiring actor I'm not going to move to Miami just because a bunch of celebrities have homes there and like to party there. I would move to Los Angeles because that's where most of the movie and television studios are. Is this starting to make sense SouthernBoy?
We are almost saying the same thing. However, I said if word got out that Jay Z has opened a nightclub in Houston, I think it will attract more people to the area because of that. There are many star strucked people in America. SN: I promise I'm not one of them.

Old 11-27-2011, 11:31 AM

18,516 posts, read 15,613,482 times
Quote:
that is why so many young folks ending up selling themselves on the streets in those cities.

wide eyes young bucks thinking they are going to live the glamorous life but end up becoming a two dollar hooker.

Southernboy a little advice: go to an economically prosperous city, work you ass off figuratively so that you don't have to do it literally in those flashy cities. Then the money you make you can take trips to those flashy areas and enjoy yourself there.

Old 11-27-2011, 11:36 AM

Quote:
that is why so many young folks ending up selling themselves on the streets in those cities.

wide eyes young bucks thinking they are going to live the glamorous life but end up becoming a two dollar hooker.

Southernboy a little advice: go to an economically prosperous city, work you ass off figuratively so that you don't have to do it literally in those flashy cities. Then the money you make you can take trips to those flashy areas and enjoy yourself there.
Yeah, you are so true. Thanks for the advice. However, I didn't ask the question in my regards, I asked out of curiosity because I feel like, from what I've seen, so much talent and beauty come out of Houston, but the talent leaves to other places. Basically, I'm trying to ask, when will Houston realize its talented people and find a way to keep its own talent and in the long run attract new talent?

Old 11-27-2011, 11:44 AM

223 posts, read 201,155 times
Quote:
Southernboy is one of those star struck small town boys who moved to a place like LA and find out that it is not what they make it out to be.

I have had so many friends move there broke as hell and think they are going to live it up like Kim, and after 6 Months come back running with their tails between their legs, never having partied with Kim and a lot broker than when they left
Hahahaha. Which is why when I hear people say they want to move to NYC or the east coast, I ask them if the have east coast money $$$$$$

Because most can't afford a new house there, rent is a mortgage here, and I haven't even gotten to taxes

I love the east coast,but unless you're really positioned well financially,life can be super fast, and the ultimate rat race to just simply live. Depending on 'how' you want to live.

I always say it's the people who watch alot of Sex in The City or worse Friends. They think they can all work at Starbucks and have a sweet studio apartment in the heart of Manhattan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston