Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 11:04 AM

6,870 posts, read 14,857,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
Celebrities live where the work is. There is hardly any work here for a celebrity.

Any celebrity who chooses to live here will simply do it because they enjoy Houston. Celebrities aren't packing up and moving to Atlanta or NYC simply because they're fun; they follow the work. Westhou reasoning is off; I'm not sure where he gets that people would be wasting their time here if they choose Houston. Your own opinions do not reflect others.
It is a waste of time and I said that for the exact same reason you stated. Why live in Houston if all the work is in Los Angeles and New York City? It's a waste of time to fly back and forth from Houston and Los Angeles for work. What does Houston have that's so attractive to celebrities to want to live a thousand miles away from their work to want to live here? The beautiful beaches? The extravagant nightlife? Please tell me since you say my reasoning is so off. I can only think of one reason a celebrity would want to live here a thousand miles away from their work and that would be because their family is here like Beyonce.

Old 11-27-2011, 11:05 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
It is a waste of time and I said that for the exact same reason you stated. Why live in Houston if all the work is in Los Angeles and New York City? It's a waste of time to fly back and forth from Houston and Los Angeles for work. What does Houston have that's so attractive to celebrities to want to live a thousand miles away from their work to want to live here? The beautiful beaches? The extravagant nightlife? Please tell me since you say my reasoning is so off. I can only think of one reason a celebrity would want to live here a thousand miles away from their work and that would be because their family is here like Beyonce.
I agree; my mistake. I thought you were making sound as if whether they were working celebrities or not; it's dumb to live in Houston.

Old 11-27-2011, 11:06 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,953,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
Why would that make a city more fun? They don't plan on hanging out with you while your in that city. Do people really think that when they go and visit Los Angeles and New York City that they will be partying with celebrities?
Southernboy is one of those star struck small town boys who moved to a place like LA and find out that it is not what they make it out to be.

I have had so many friends move there broke as hell and think they are going to live it up like Kim, and after 6 Months come back running with their tails between their legs, never having partied with Kim and a lot broker than when they left

Old 11-27-2011, 11:06 AM

6,870 posts, read 14,857,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBoy205 View Post
LOL! No, rappers or celebrities shouldn't go there for strip clubs, but some celebrities like you guys' city because of the strip clubs. Also, some of you said it on here that Houston is place that is home to a plethora of pro athletes.
If a celebrity wants to live somewhere there is a slower pace they can probably find that in California or New York. They don't have to come all the way to Houston to find that.

Old 11-27-2011, 11:09 AM

12,735 posts, read 21,779,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
Southernboy is one of those star struck small town boys who moved to a place like LA and find out that it is not what they make it out to be.

I have had so many friends move there broke as hell and think they are going to live it up like Kim, and after 6 Months come back running with their tails between their legs, never having partied with Kim and a lot broker than when they left
LOL! Htown, don't call me out. I'm not from a small town and I'm definitely not star struck. I just know that celebrities seem to have an effect on a city's nightlife and even economy. No, I'm not trying to see Jay Z in a club, but if it is out that Jay Z owns to nice nightclub in Houston, do you know how many people would visit Houston because of that club? Many.

Old 11-27-2011, 11:13 AM

Quote:
LOL! Htown, don't call me out. I'm not from a small town and I'm definitely not star struck. I just know that celebrities seem to have an effect on a city's nightlife and even economy. No, I'm not trying to see Jay Z in a club, but if it is out that Jay Z owns to nice nightclub in Houston, do you know how many people would visit Houston because of that club? Many.
The best nightclubs tend to be owned by locals; not celebrities and I don't know how celebrities effect the economy. Elaborate.

Old 11-27-2011, 11:13 AM

Quote:
1. Anywhere in Alabama is small town.

2. Houston's industry is not Tourism, having a club in Houston owned by JayZ would not crack the top 1000 wonderful things about Houston.

Old 11-27-2011, 11:17 AM

12,735 posts, read 21,779,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
The best nightclubs tend to be owned by locals; not celebrities and I don't know how celebrities effect the economy. Elaborate.
Cities with celebrities tend to be more touristy. If you have a city with celebrities, star hopefuls would take that into consideration and move to that particular city or visit there to see if they can "make it" into the entertainment industry. Cities like these include LA, NYC, Miami, and even Atlanta. There are so many hopefuls who dream of moving to LA and NYC because they are aware that those two cities are filled with stars that started off like them.

Old 11-27-2011, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Cities with celebrities tend to be more touristy. If you have a city with celebrities, star hopefuls would take that into consideration and move to that particular city or visit there to see if they can "make it" into the entertainment industry. Cities like these include LA, NYC, Miami, and even Atlanta. There are so many hopefuls who dream of moving to LA and NYC because they are aware that those two cities are filled with stars that started off like them.
Yet Houston area had the most population growth.....

Old 11-27-2011, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Cities with celebrities tend to be more touristy. If you have a city with celebrities, star hopefuls would take that into consideration and move to that particular city or visit there to see if they can "make it" into the entertainment industry. Cities like these include LA, NYC, Miami, and even Atlanta.
If hanging out with Celebrities is what you see as the most important aspect of your future then Houston is not the place for you.
Quote:
There are so many hopefuls who dream of moving to LA and NYC because they are aware that those two cities are filled with stars that started off like them.
yes, and don't forget all those hopefuls that actually moved to LA and find out that it is not what it seemed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston