Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 11:05 AM

568 posts, read 900,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorasMom View Post
At least in my neighborhood, the problem sets in when you have three different garbage bins that you have to put out in front of your house or they don't take your garbage, and in fact the city has a minimum distance between bins, but nobody pays attention to that. plus any bulk items. So two days per week this is an issue. here they use trucks with robot arms and the guys don't walk the bins over.
Same thing in my hood...

Edit: Maybe it's a non-issue on my block bc people have common sense.

Old 06-18-2013, 12:02 AM

20 posts, read 46,563 times
Default I can tell you!!

Who is right and who is wrong? Well, for starters, you , my friend, have bigger issues to correct. First, you point out that this couple is elderly. What is it that you want us to deduce from that? Secondly, you point out that they are Chinese. And, what do you want us to feel about that? I don't like people parking in front of my house, either! It blocks my view of the trees, I am forced to look at my neighbor's big ole ugly truck, and my friends have no where to park near my house. Park in front of your own house, or in your own driveway, or in your own garage, and think about your biases toward your new neighbors!

Old 06-18-2013, 02:58 PM

165 posts, read 322,912 times
The OP is a rude, selfish, inconsiderate prick.

You have all open options to park for you, but yet you refuse to utilize those options and instead inconvenience others for your convenience.

This happened to our neighbor, who is disabled and the ramp goes out to the driveway and to street parking. Well, their inconsiderate neighbors would always park in front of their house, blocking access to the ramp. I told them to get a handicap sign up ASAP. My neighbor did and the other neighbor would disregard the sign until her dumb a** got ticketed and then towed.

Old 07-02-2013, 11:38 AM

1,728 posts, read 3,549,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peonypeony View Post
Who is right and who is wrong? Well, for starters, you , my friend, have bigger issues to correct. First, you point out that this couple is elderly. What is it that you want us to deduce from that? Secondly, you point out that they are Chinese. And, what do you want us to feel about that? I don't like people parking in front of my house, either! It blocks my view of the trees, I am forced to look at my neighbor's big ole ugly truck, and my friends have no where to park near my house. Park in front of your own house, or in your own driveway, or in your own garage, and think about your biases toward your new neighbors!

It's simply just a game on who is the tougher person. I HAD the same issue with the a new 'tough guy' elderly asian, but I park on my side of the street, across his driveway. I suspect this guy is from California and thinks he can push simpletons around to define his new territory in my neighborhood. He yelled at me a couple of times and I was just confused about it because he just walks away disgusted. Next time he was with old friends and started yelling at me again and he was extra braver this time. This time I understood what he was saying to me and I got so angry so I went dealt with them. They just walk into their house when I asked 'Why the F is he yelling at me?' He never bothered me again.

Old 07-02-2013, 11:50 AM

102 posts, read 237,447 times
I would be annoyed with my neighbors if they made a habit of parking in front of our house, especially if they had room in their own driveway (sorry if it's inconvenient for them, but better than it being inconvenient for me). Don't mind parking in front of my house if it's a rare get-together and their guests need the extra spots, otherwise it's annoying and looks bad too. And actually in our last home we had a traditional mailbox in front of the home, and our mailman refused to get out of his truck, period, so every single time a car parked in front of our box, we didn't get our mail that day.

Old 07-02-2013, 12:03 PM

452 posts, read 897,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockjock1 View Post
Our neighbor's grown daughter has a poorly maintained car, which she has been parking in front of her parents house since she moved back home over a year ago. She pulls into our driveway to turn around and her lights shine in our windows and her muffler is broken....we are woken up often. When she leaves, sometimes our guests will arrive and park in front of our house. She will just pull into 'her' space causing a problem with people trying to pass between the cars on this narrow urban residential street. Her parents have a four car driveway and the father is retired. She does not or is not allowed to park in their driveway? The retired couple next door have always offered the neighbors access to park in their carless 4 car driveway. Today after the umpteenth time of pulling into my driveway after being asked a number of times, I finally got angry enough to leave a note on their door to please speak to me about the daughter's vehicle etiquette.... the other neighbors have all had enough and we want it to stop. Do not constantly park or leave your car in front of someone's house. It is rude, regardless. If your vehicle has issues, they are yours, not hers. Use common curtesy.... you wouldn't want to be the recipient of that kind of behavior.
In some neighborhoods they have homeowner ordinances in place that you cannot park in the street or you have to move the car within a certain time period. In the Heights where parking is hard to come by I can understand being considerate. The issue here is that the OP has a neighbor that can have the daughter pull into the driveway, park, turnaround, etc. but instead uses the OP's driveway creating an issue with sleep and company coming over. I would have been upset and maybe gave her a card to a car mechanic as a hint also.

Old 07-02-2013, 12:22 PM

16,715 posts, read 19,400,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peonypeony View Post
Did you all not notice the date on this thread? 2011?

Old 07-03-2013, 09:10 AM

452 posts, read 897,939 times
Convextech, thanks I did and so did some others but Shockjock1 restarted it up with their own issue on this topic on June 15, 2013.

Old 10-29-2013, 02:04 PM

4,246 posts, read 12,021,657 times
I probably posted in here saying I wouldn't have a problem but I do. My neighbor has 5 cars and parks 2 in the driveway, 1 in front of his house and 2 in front of mine. I woke up to this yesterday. Hopefully he doesn't get mad when I tell him nicely to park in front of his own house and driveway. I actually parked my beater in front of my house one night and instead of parking his car in front of his house he parked it 2 houses down in front of someone elses.

Old 10-29-2013, 02:48 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,595,663 times
Wow, I'd be pretty ticked off if I were you. Hopefully he'll be a good neighbor and stop parking in front of your home. If he acts like a _____, what will be your plan? Will you leave a copy of the article about the barking dog incident in Arizona in his mailbox?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: