Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 09:53 AM

20,501 posts, read 33,325,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
If your over the age of 25, hell if your over the age of 18 and your standing in a line in the cold to get some Jordan's you're a loser and need to get a life. We used to do that back in high school, leave school early to go get the Jordan's. But that was HIGH SCHOOL! I'm a grown man now, ain't no way hell I'm going to be standing in line for no damn Jordan's.
I agree and disagree. While we over the age of 25 won't stay out there in line to get some shoes. We do stand out there in line to get something that we want. When that Xbox 720 in the next couple years, people of ALL ages will be out there. Best believe that. People camp out for Black Friday. Some over 25 did it for Iphones.

Old 12-24-2011, 09:54 AM

1,211 posts, read 3,538,513 times
Quote:
If your over the age of 25, hell if your over the age of 18 and your standing in a line in the cold to get some Jordan's you're a loser and need to get a life. We used to do that back in high school, leave school early to go get the Jordan's. But that was HIGH SCHOOL! I'm a grown man now, ain't no way hell I'm going to be standing in line for no damn Jordan's.
We saw you, man...

Old 12-24-2011, 09:56 AM

18,042 posts, read 25,061,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonfan View Post
Am just watching the news showing the madness at Greenspoint mall as those people fight their way to grab one. Unbelievable!! This happened all across America, and we were not immuned to this affliction, although the news said we were 'tamer'.

"Never underestimate the stupidity of the general public" -Scott Adams
The government controls stupidity everywhere by putting an occupancy limit on elevators, restaurants, bars, buildings, etc.

Why don't we just pass a law holding buildings accountable whenever they hold events like this and let people go in in a stampede?

BTW,
I thought this was really stupid........
until I saw that it was the freaking Jordan XI that I've been wanting since I was in HS in the 90s

Old 12-24-2011, 09:56 AM

1,632 posts, read 3,306,546 times
Quote:
Is it different than standing in line for the newest iphone? What about for the newest Twilight, Harry Potter, or Star Wars movie? Black Friday sales? People camp overnight nearly every week for something -- just because shoes aren't popular in your culture doesn't make them stupid.

Old 12-24-2011, 09:57 AM

12,733 posts, read 21,629,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBoy205 View Post
OMG! I'm so shame. People, not all black folks act like that. I swear.
And "thanks" to the idiot who sent me that crazy and ignorant rep comment regarding the above post.

Old 12-24-2011, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
I agree and disagree. While we over the age of 25 won't stay out there in line to get some shoes. We do stand out there in line to get something that we want. When that Xbox 720 in the next couple years, people of ALL ages will be out there. Best believe that. People camp out for Black Friday. Some over 25 did it for Iphones.
Those same things will be on sale or cheaper shortly after their debut.

Old 12-24-2011, 10:00 AM

18,042 posts, read 25,061,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCH99 View Post
So, being on welfare, but scoring a pair of these shoes is living large. Got it.
Newsflash,
being black doesn't mean you are on welfare
Quote:
Originally Posted by dejamiller View Post
I can't believe that Fox station aired that nonsense. Sensationalism at it finest, a simple report would have sufficed.
I'm not surprised,
Fox LOVES to show anything that involves poor Americans being dumb, lazy, ignorant, etc, etc.
They do it almost every single day.

Old 12-24-2011, 10:01 AM

5 posts, read 5,441 times
Quote:
I wonder do they put as much effort into their school work(i'm guessing no) as they do getting a pair of Jordan's( micheal Jordan and Nike are laughing all the way to the bank) that nobody over the age of 25 cares about.

your right, i'm guessing the valedictorian, or anyone in the top 10 percent of their school, was not waiting in line for a pair of shoes. Especially not for $180.

There's typically different mentality between them and someone that wants a pair of J's.

Old 12-24-2011, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PV_DoubleE View Post
your right, i'm guessing the valedictorian, or anyone in the top 10 percent of their school, was not waiting in line for a pair of shoes. Especially not for $180.

There's typically different mentality between them and someone that wants a pair of J's.
Not really. There are many many smart idiots in the world. I think some people just don't have their priorities in check. This is the case for people of all intelligence and demographics.

Old 12-24-2011, 10:04 AM

20,501 posts, read 33,325,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBoy205 View Post
Those same things will be on sale or cheaper shortly after their debut.
Nobody cares that they will be on sale or cheaper shortly after their debut. They want them NOW and besides, they won't be that cheap after they debut.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston