Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 01:07 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,861,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uthorns96 View Post
you seem to be antagonistic in a lot of your posts. It's the internet, my friend. Not that serious, i promise.

as far as the census. Well the census is a crock of you know what! i'm looking at all of those maps and they're attributing things to "greater austin" that just aren't a part of it in reality. and even so, do you know how many miles of pasture seperate those county lines from any significant population base in the austin metro area?
Thank you.

Someone who is actually being a rational thinker & not buying into an out of the realm of reality colored map.

Now in the next 50 years I could see this map being relevant, but until then its a crock of BS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2013, 01:11 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,781,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
You seem to be antagonistic in a lot of your posts. It's the internet, my friend. Not that serious, I promise.
It is the internet, thats why you should have a touch skin and not get hurt so easily

Quote:
As far as the census. Well the census is a crock of you know what! I'm looking at all of those maps and they're attributing things to "greater Austin" that just aren't a part of it in reality. And even so, do you know how many miles of pasture seperate those county lines from any significant population base in the Austin metro area?

It is what it is. It may not be part of your reality, but it is the standard the real world uses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Now in the next 50 years I could see this map being relevant, but until then its a crock of BS.
In the Next 50 years there won't be any white spots on that map. It will all be colored in. Well.. the ones east of 35

And its very relevant right now. You do not know much about economics, marketing, federal funding etc to see the relevance.

All you see is "There be a field" and "There be some more trees"
what you don't see is the northern burbs increasing their population enough to fall into a new funding bracket to get greater transportation allowances, etc

Do some more research on how these things are done and then come back and talk about relevance

Old 03-21-2013, 10:08 PM

193 posts, read 338,852 times
ideally should be outside nuclear blast radius to be safe

Ground Zero II | Carloslabs

Old 09-27-2013, 08:29 AM

2,367 posts, read 4,669,731 times
Seriously? Maybe it will stretch to Hawaii after that.

Old 09-27-2013, 10:26 AM

872 posts, read 822,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdw7337 View Post
That won't be anytime soon. Eventually the West side will reach a point when people will not want to move out to it's edge because the commute downtown is too far. At that point, the North side will start having the same problem & the South side will stop at the coast. People will begin overloading the currently slower growing industrial east side & find the vast open cattle & ranch lands off I-10 from Baytown to Winnie & beyond a good place to develop more irritating urban sprawl. Then that would reach at tipping point and growth will only be upward as skyscrapers slowly build up and out from the center till they reach the edge and eventually you will be in a smoggy sunless hell of towers & traffic that sucks all the joy out of life as the parks and subdivisions are removed for the growth to continue. Then when the next Ike or Katrina comes ashore most likely 100 times worse by this time in the future due to global warming, the city would be decimated and shot back to the size it was in the 1980's and restart the deadly cycle.

There are alot of people that do not work downtown. I live on the West Side and my commute takes me further West, same with all of the people in my office. Everyone of us lives somewhere on the West Side.

Old 09-27-2013, 10:33 AM

4,900 posts, read 13,671,788 times
Welcome to the Lakes of Brenham, this beautiful new master planned community will contain 40,000 cookie cutter homes thrown up in 12 week by KB Home builders surrounding a beautiful 1/10th of an acre pond and 3/10 of an acre pocket park with two swings for the kiddos!. Only a short two and a half hour commute from downtown Houston or downtown Austin!

Old 09-27-2013, 12:19 PM

18,042 posts, read 25,076,138 times
Who cares?
Galveston is pretty much part of Houston and we don't care about it

Old 09-28-2013, 02:41 AM

4,874 posts, read 10,013,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N. Olikee View Post
Think I've already addressed this, but there's not a whole lot of undeveloped land between SA and AUS. That WILL eventually grow together..........Hopefully, there will be some alternative form of transport up and down the I-35 corridor.

Houston and Austin..............different situation. Houston and SA more likely in development given the Interstate.
The metro areas of SA and AUS as defined by the US Government already touch

Old 09-28-2013, 08:30 AM

5,976 posts, read 15,194,720 times
Default Hmmm....

I recall as a kid driving with my parents from Los Angeles to San Diego to see my older brother graduate from Camp Pendleton back in the 70s, and you knew when you left the LA/Long Beach area as it was desolate until you came upon the other cities in between. Today, you cannot tell as it looks like one continuous city all the way down.

I don't see the same allure between Houston and San Antonio, but it is plausible... but it won't happen in our lifetime.

Old 09-28-2013, 04:03 PM

226 posts, read 283,127 times
The city is already about 600 square miles, and there's a possibility that it get much larger than that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston