Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 08:24 PM

22 posts, read 14,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
what are y'alls predictions on the Ravens???

I hope they are well rusted
I predict that a cowpoo fan will come to city-data and force everyone here to take a trip backwards, far, FAR in time down distant memory lane. The time of his great grandpappy's glory days of sheer irrelevance. Here's a sneak peak...

"Gather round my children and I'll tell you a story. A long, long, LONG time ago in a boring, parched prairieland far, far away their lived a man named Tom Landry...

"Grandpa, can I please go to bed? I'm tired."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2012, 09:19 PM

1,781 posts, read 2,680,469 times
Lightbulb Two VERY Important Points To Ponder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Super bowls don't count? Only a idiot from a city that hasn't won a sb would say something so stupid. You do realize that the NFL of today is a totally differnet league then the one before the merger between the old NFL and the AFL. The super bowl is what is used to determine the championship for the NFL. Therefore the Steelers have the most sb(6) followed by Dallas and San Francisco(tied with 5) Then Green Bay(4) Basically the championships pre super bowl era dont count. If thats that the case then Houston already has two pro football championships from when the oilers won two in the AFL.
1) I am NOT an idiot...and if you had truly read my post, NOWHERE did I mention that 'Super Bowls don't count'...the NFL has been around since 1920---ALL championships, whether NFL, AFL, AAFC, and any other league I may have missed, from 1920-1965 (pre-SB) and all from 1966 on (SB era) COUNT...so say the records at both the Pro Football Hall Of Fame, and at NFL headquarters

2) 14, I didn't come here to hijack this thread, start a running beef with you, or diss the Texans, Cowboys, their fans, or the cities of Houston or Dallas, or the state of Texas either, for that matter...I made my long post in reply to RVD's remark about the 'big boy table'...and RVD, should you read this, I have no beef with you, either...I'm just a sports fan trying to give info to back up my argument...nothing more, nothing less

Old 01-09-2012, 09:40 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,891,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Light View Post
Oh no. You're right. I bet the first thing EVERYONE in Boston talks about when they first get out of bed every morning is how well the Boston Whoever's did in the 1912 world series.

Don't you love google? Hope you didn't strain any search engines going that far back in time.

Seriously. No one in Boston or anywhere else on planet Earth cares about old games. What are you 105?
That's the point, n00b. Ya see, teams with that kind of history are more valuable and known. That's part of what makes a team more popular. That's what makes guys like you go on internet forums and troll against teams like that since you get off on it and coming up with Kindergarden level nicknames for them.... Also, notice that NO Cowboy fan even brought up the past until some of you guys did.

Again, you miss the point. Most Cowboy fans don't hate the Texans at all. In fact, most of us WANT the Texans to win. No team from this state has won anything major in football (unless you count TCU's Rose Bowl win) in years. I have no problem at all with the Texans going on and wish em the best.

What I DO hate are the people who feel the need to include the Cowboys in this. If ya ask me, it says more about you then it does Cowboy fans.

Old 01-10-2012, 01:23 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,947,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
That's the point, n00b. Ya see, teams with that kind of history are more valuable and known. That's part of what makes a team more popular. That's what makes guys like you go on internet forums and troll against teams like that since you get off on it and coming up with Kindergarden level nicknames for them.... Also, notice that NO Cowboy fan even brought up the past until some of you guys did.

Again, you miss the point. Most Cowboy fans don't hate the Texans at all. In fact, most of us WANT the Texans to win. No team from this state has won anything major in football (unless you count TCU's Rose Bowl win) in years. I have no problem at all with the Texans going on and wish em the best.

What I DO hate are the people who feel the need to include the Cowboys in this. If ya ask me, it says more about you then it does Cowboy fans.
Don't know about this. Was listening to sports radio up here in DFW today, and one of the guys said he really doesn't want the Texans to win and that too many Texans fans are popping up over DFW. I browsed a Cowboys forum, and there are Cowboys fans saying the same thing. Only a few Cowboys fans seem to actually want the Texans to win. Others are hating that the Texans are winning, when they didn't think twice of them before when they weren't making the playoffs. It's the truth. Can't imagine what Cowboys fans in Houston are feeling like now.

Old 01-10-2012, 01:55 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,891,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
Don't know about this. Was listening to sports radio up here in DFW today, and one of the guys said he really doesn't want the Texans to win and that too many Texans fans are popping up over DFW. I browsed a Cowboys forum, and there are Cowboys fans saying the same thing. Only a few Cowboys fans seem to actually want the Texans to win. Others are hating that the Texans are winning, when they didn't think twice of them before when they weren't making the playoffs. It's the truth. Can't imagine what Cowboys fans in Houston are feeling like now.
..... you were listening to Randy Galloway, weren't you?

Old 01-10-2012, 06:58 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,947,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
..... you were listening to Randy Galloway, weren't you?
No, this was on The Fan. Galloway actually showed respect for the Texans.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:27 AM

1,326 posts, read 3,450,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
The Cowboy fans you are listening to are definitely in the minority.
I can say as a Cowboys fan that I want the Texans to do well and keep winning. Almost every other Cowboy fan I know feels the same way.
I was born in this city, so I would like to see a Houston team finally win a Superbowl in my lifetime.
What I can't stand are these bandwagon Texans fans who feel the need to spew hate towards the Cowboys at every opportunity.
Judging by the rep points the noob troll on here has received so far, it looks there are plenty of other Texans fans on here who think just like him/her.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:11 AM

3,333 posts, read 9,170,918 times
LOL, we win one playoff game and we think we're all that and a bag of chips. Don't get me wrong...I'm super proud of the Texans and I hate the 'boys. However, let's keep it in perspective and just HOPE the Texans have the on-field hardware the 'boys have won in 15 years from now.

Just sayin'...

Ronnie

Old 01-10-2012, 08:21 AM

3,333 posts, read 9,170,918 times
Default Why I Hate The Dallas Cowboys

It's probably not what you think, regardless .... but here's why. In December 1970, just before Christmas, my paternal grandfather had a heart attack and my father and I had to drive from Detroit to just south of Pittsburgh because it sounded really bad. My grandparents lived in the hilly, coal-mining region of PA and there was absolutely nothing to do there for a 17 year old. However, the Detroit Lions had finally made the playoffs and I could watch the game. I was stoked.

Turned the game on and was propped up in a cushy couch with my Nehi Grape "Pop" and a HUGE bag of New Era Potato Chips. Life was good.... until... the game started. That was, bar none, the most boring, deflating football game I've ever seen in my entire life. Frickin' 'boys beat my Lions 5 - 0. Yep, FIVE to ZIPPO! Hated them ever since. I got stuck in Fantasy Football this year with Tony Romo. I refused to play him. Played Cam Newton instead (which worked out well, BTW).

Here's the box score. I wanted to kill Mel Renfro and Greg Landry both, in the back of the head, several times... just for good measure.

Detroit Lions at Dallas Cowboys - December 26th, 1970 - Pro-Football-Reference.com

Just sayin'...

Ronnie

P.S. GrandDad survived and lived a long life.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:32 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,728,228 times
Why is it that whenever the Cowboys were in the second round of the playoffs in 09, not a peep about the Texans.

But now that the Texans are in the playoff, Houston has to remind the world how much it hates the Dallas Cowboys at every possible chance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston