U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 12:46 AM

194 posts, read 249,664 times

Advertisements

Why pay? Not only are you not an American citizen or resident, you also don't have a Texas driver's license. Don't worry about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2012, 04:11 PM

2,403 posts, read 3,689,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBubble View Post
Why pay? Not only are you not an American citizen or resident, you also don't have a Texas driver's license. Don't worry about it.
Ok I have read enough! It doesn't matter what state you live in or have been given a ticket ,summons or any of the such, this is what you need to do .... write a simple letter addressed to the court , stating that you are doing an appearence by, declaration by mail and that you first deny all accusations as stated in the summons , notice to appear, citation. Next you need to demand a "VERIFIED COMPLAINT" ( Dosen't matter that you are not an American citizen ) In all superior Court, In all Traffic courts there has to be a verified complaint if you demand it , and you must . Why because in a traffic situation where there is no injured party , there is no action that LEGALLY the court can take any action on . While that falls into the area of our constitutional rights to due process (U.S. Title 42, 1983) it is the laws the courts must follow. Its better to write this letter then as some say , just forget it. The court will just dismiss it ( In the interest of justice) .

Last edited by Fighter 1; 04-02-2012 at 04:32 PM..

Old 05-20-2014, 01:00 AM

1 posts, read 268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokenose View Post
I was visiting your wonderful city and got a speeding ticket from a highway patrol officer. My offense was driving at 46mph where the speed limit was 35mph. Anyways I came back home (Dubai, United Arab Emirates) and don't know what to do with the ticket.
Does anyone know of relatives/friends who got tickets while visiting and their course of action?
As per my citation, the violation is 'speeding 10% or more above posted speed limit' and am asked to appear before 31-Jan-2012 in a court in Fort Bend, Katy, TX 77494. Please help with any advice. Thanks!
Hi ,

I got myself in a similar situation few days back when i was issued a speeding ticket for 360$. Can you please do let me know what you did with the citation ? Even i am not sure when i will be going back to US again and also i dont have a medium through which i can pay the fine online. Please do suggest me the way forward .

Old 05-20-2014, 01:10 AM

21,624 posts, read 23,760,787 times
For most traffic tickets, there is not much in the way of recourse if you choose not to pay that ticket. Bear in mind however that if you choose to ignore a traffic ticket, you may find yourself facing much more serious legal consequences if you return to that state at another time in the future.
If you are not paying a traffic fine in the USA, a Failure to Appear warrant will be issued for your arrest. This means that if you are ever pulled over by the police after the warrant has been issued, you will be thrown in jail and will have to work your way through the justice system.

However: Some places allow for the immediate arrest of a violator who is from out of state, or country, the arrest allows them to post bond or pay the fine at the station , and insures that the state gets their money...
When in doubt read: ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Last edited by elnina; 05-20-2014 at 01:21 AM..

Old 05-20-2014, 01:24 AM

10,720 posts, read 9,604,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokenose View Post
I was visiting your wonderful city and got a speeding ticket from a highway patrol officer. My offense was driving at 46mph where the speed limit was 35mph. Anyways I came back home (Dubai, United Arab Emirates) and don't know what to do with the ticket.
Does anyone know of relatives/friends who got tickets while visiting and their course of action?
As per my citation, the violation is 'speeding 10% or more above posted speed limit' and am asked to appear before 31-Jan-2012 in a court in Fort Bend, Katy, TX 77494. Please help with any advice. Thanks!
If you're not a citizen and don't register your car in Texas, you don't need to worry about it. How are they going to get you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston