Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 04:34 PM

1,461 posts, read 5,597,258 times

Advertisements

Residents have been in an uproar for some time now and the developer did mention plans to scrap them apartment development at its town hall meeting earlier this year. It will be interesting on where exactly they will relocate this multifamily development, since they haven't truly finalized its location, but said that it will likely be on Bridgeland Creek Parkway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2012, 07:08 PM

73 posts, read 158,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beto View Post
Residents have been in an uproar for some time now and the developer did mention plans to scrap them apartment development at its town hall meeting earlier this year. It will be interesting on where exactly they will relocate this multifamily development, since they haven't truly finalized its location, but said that it will likely be on Bridgeland Creek Parkway.
What part of Bridgeland is Bridgeland Creek Parkway? I looked on the Conceptual Map and can not seem to locate it.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:55 PM

1,461 posts, read 5,597,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shr1ke View Post
What part of Bridgeland is Bridgeland Creek Parkway? I looked on the Conceptual Map and can not seem to locate it.
This is a future location.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:01 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,197,318 times
Disclosure: I am a Realtor.

That said, everytime I drive into Bridgeland - I want to put my house on the market and move there - it's beautiful. Strong reason not to, for me - it is VERY child -oriented. The HOA is steep - $900 average - but child-based entertainment galore. I would not get my money's worth - and yet..... it's beautiful.

I do see the Howard Hughes Corp sticking with it - and once 99 is in place, and the 290 expansion done - values will shoot up.

OK - crap - I am probably going to move there. Idiot me.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post

That said, everytime I drive into Bridgeland - I want to put my house on the market and move there - it's beautiful. Strong reason not to, for me - it is VERY child -oriented. The HOA is steep - $900 average - but child-based entertainment galore. I would not get my money's worth - and yet..... it's beautiful.

I do see the Howard Hughes Corp sticking with it - and once 99 is in place, and the 290 expansion done - values will shoot up.

It is beautiful! I could not agree more, values will go up once 99 cuts through to 290. It looks like they have a very positive future in Houston.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:31 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,051,870 times
Quote:
and once 99 is in place, and the 290 expansion done
I don't get appeal of waiting and waiting for roads to be built/upgraded, then putting up with years of dealing with the constuction mess from it, when Houston has so many masterplanned communities where the roads are already in/upgraded and take you all the way into town rather than basically ending at the loop.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:37 AM

1,650 posts, read 3,803,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
I don't get appeal of waiting and waiting for roads to be built/upgraded, then putting up with years of dealing with the constuction mess from it, when Houston has so many masterplanned communities where the roads are already in/upgraded and take you all the way into town rather than basically ending at the loop.
You keep saying this, in multiple threads. I'm sorry you have a hard time understanding other people's needs. Maybe you should start naming some of these wonderful neighborhoods you keep talking about and their great locations, then people can finally explain to you why they choose to live where they do.

Old 04-03-2012, 12:34 PM

35 posts, read 60,288 times
Quote:

Hahaha, we have you to thank for finding the place Cheryl

Old 04-03-2012, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
I guess some have tougher skin than you when it comes to traffic. I drive all the time around Houston, traffic does not bother me as much as it must others. I lived through the I-10 construction phase, I don't remember it ever getting to me, we just simply took back roads until they fixed I-10. The point is that some of us will deal with the construction. As long as progress is being made in the area I'm cool with it. I don't look at the area for now!

My wife and I simply like the look of Bridgeland. I don't think any other MPC has the look and feel of Bridgeland other than The Woodlands. I Love how the developers have made it so wide open and houses don't simply back up to streets. Love all of the parks in the area and when the sun sets over the lakes, it is simply awesome. I will drive an extra 30 minutes for the view.

Some folks just have tougher tolerance / skin when it comes to traffic. It does not matter if you get the appeal or not....

Old 04-03-2012, 02:17 PM

35 posts, read 60,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shr1ke View Post
My wife and I simply like the look of Bridgeland. I don't think any other MPC has the look and feel of Bridgeland other than The Woodlands. I Love how the developers have made it so wide open and houses don't simply back up to streets. Love all of the parks in the area and when the sun sets over the lakes, it is simply awesome. I will drive an extra 30 minutes for the view.

Now that we live further back, I've noticed the sunset over the lakes, I there's no more welcoming site to drive home from work to than that sunset. A daily reminder of what a fantastic place we live in
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston