Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 08:50 PM

42 posts, read 161,800 times

Advertisements

This is a great community that I think will do well in the long run. The developer had issues, as noted, and now seems to have worked through those.

I am keen on new construction, but geez, touring the model street is tiring and confsuing for buyers. However, the long term plan for the community is something people grasp. In the resale market, I think this will prevail.

In the short term, we will all need to deal with the plan and understand where Houston is going in terms of a job market and expansion. With this factored in, I think The Bridgelands will continue to grow in value.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2012, 08:54 PM

9 posts, read 22,434 times
I've shown several homes in Bridgeland and have had several buyers purchase there. There is also Cypress Creek Lakes across the way from Bridgeland as well. In my opinion, they will continue to build in the community. It may not ever be as large as Cinco, but still a really nice community closer in to Houston.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:17 PM

73 posts, read 158,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgirl4273 View Post
I've shown several homes in Bridgeland and have had several buyers purchase there. There is also Cypress Creek Lakes across the way from Bridgeland as well. In my opinion, they will continue to build in the community. It may not ever be as large as Cinco, but still a really nice community closer in to Houston.
Bridgeland has 12,000 acres of land. Cinco is right at 6900 acres of land. If Bridgeland builds this out, it will be larger than Cinco. Granted, Cinco has been around 20 years, so this is new and fresh and will take 20 years. Someone had to buy into Cinco 20 years ago. So I look at is as a ground floor opportunity to buy into something that will grow. I wish I would have bought into Cinco 20 years ago! But now the prices are too high out there and I can afford more home in Bridgeland. Soon, that might not be the case out in Bridgeland.

Old 04-06-2012, 04:31 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,952,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shr1ke View Post
Bridgeland has 12,000 acres of land. Cinco is right at 6900 acres of land. If Bridgeland builds this out, it will be larger than Cinco. Granted, Cinco has been around 20 years, so this is new and fresh and will take 20 years. Someone had to buy into Cinco 20 years ago. So I look at is as a ground floor opportunity to buy into something that will grow. I wish I would have bought into Cinco 20 years ago! But now the prices are too high out there and I can afford more home in Bridgeland. Soon, that might not be the case out in Bridgeland.
I thought Cinco was closer to 10,000 acres, or at least over 7K. I know Newland bought more land for Cinco.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:54 AM

1,650 posts, read 3,803,380 times
Last I heard Cinco was just over 8,000 acres. Not sure if that includes the newest bit of land they will be developing starting this year along 1463. Probably does.

Old 04-06-2012, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
I thought Cinco was closer to 10,000 acres, or at least over 7K. I know Newland bought more land for Cinco.
Hmm, not sure, I know that they did buy more land, but I don't think they are over 10,000 yet. I just read this, not sure how accurate they are:

"In 2010, Newland Communities acquired 474 acres to expand Cinco Ranch from 7,600 acres to 8,074 acres, providing land for an additional 1,200 homes."

- Source Cinco Ranch #1 selling community in Texas

Old 04-06-2012, 02:08 PM

127 posts, read 400,530 times
yeah Bridgeland should have more land at 11,400 acre. I like the subdivision, just wish they made the road a little bit wider and a better system of road flow within where the houses are, seems kind of confusing. I almost bought there, but change my mind. I do have to say the subdivision is beautiful and seems very peaceful.

Old 04-07-2012, 07:00 AM

1,650 posts, read 3,803,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousMTA View Post
and a better system of road flow within where the houses are, seems kind of confusing.
I got lost for about 30 minutes trying to find a friends house.
It was my first and only time in there, but wow.

Old 04-07-2012, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2mini View Post
I got lost for about 30 minutes trying to find a friends house.
It was my first and only time in there, but wow.
Hmm, never had a hard time navigating Bridgeland. To be honest, I have not been into the older section of Bridgeland, just the new sections back in the "Water Haven" area. Seems very logical to me. I like how they did not use the standard cookie cutter design of a neigbhorhood. Just big squares and the occasional cul-de-sac. I loved how they do not have houses backed up to major roads going through the neighorhood. Most developers would have used the area to put a house or two on it, and then plaster a big brick fence up against the main roads, yuck.. I think the way they did Bridgeland, (not having houses backed up to major roads), makes it feel more open. Also, love the buried power lines through out the entire MCS. Makes a huge difference in my opinion.

Old 04-07-2012, 09:39 AM

12,735 posts, read 21,774,364 times
This MPC seems nice and large. At over 11,000 acres, it's bigger than many small towns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston