Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 07:20 PM

1,461 posts, read 5,596,839 times

Advertisements

This all depends on what time you will need to be at work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2012, 07:57 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,506,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCEagles01 View Post
As someone who has left 1960...be very choosy .

IMO 1960 is gradually going downhill.
Since Katrina, yes.

Old 01-31-2012, 07:30 AM

594 posts, read 1,249,358 times
I work a few miles north of Greenspoint and live in The Heights (inside the loop). I generally take I-45 and my commute tends to be 30mins, give or take, as long as I leave before 7:30. It's a reverse commute so the traffic is not nearly as bad as coming into town.

I have a coworker that lives at 1960 and 249 and it takes her 45 minutes in the morning and over an hour in the afternoon to get home as the traffic patterns are heavier in that direction.

If you are single I highly recommend living inside the loop. I did and never regretted commuting out for my job.

Old 01-31-2012, 04:07 PM

8 posts, read 16,353 times
The Heights certainly does seem like a good option. Inside the loop, closer to greenspoint than I am now, reverse commute.

I keep seeing people say that if you're single, you should live inside the loop. Now, maybe this is an odd question, but what makes being inside the loop attractive for someone single? I hear it repeated a lot, but I don't really have a good sense of what the single-specific advantages are of living inside the loop. Is anyone able to give me at least some insight into that?

Old 01-31-2012, 06:08 PM

147 posts, read 350,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smuggy_mba View Post
There are a few good apartments near FM1960 willowbrook mall. 11 miles to greenspoint. Every store/resturant within 1-2 miles.
Yikes. Even though it is 11 miles, there is not a good way to get there. You have to pay on the beltway or fight through a lot of traffic and lights.

Old 01-31-2012, 06:11 PM

147 posts, read 350,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seoid View Post
I work a few miles north of Greenspoint and live in The Heights (inside the loop). I generally take I-45 and my commute tends to be 30mins, give or take, as long as I leave before 7:30. It's a reverse commute so the traffic is not nearly as bad as coming into town.

I have a coworker that lives at 1960 and 249 and it takes her 45 minutes in the morning and over an hour in the afternoon to get home as the traffic patterns are heavier in that direction.

If you are single I highly recommend living inside the loop. I did and never regretted commuting out for my job.
I agree with this 100%.

Old 01-31-2012, 06:23 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,940,715 times
The area of Greenspoint West of 45 isn't that bad. Its the Mall and east of it thats bad.
The areas south of the beltway is even worse

Old 02-01-2012, 07:40 AM

833 posts, read 1,885,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seoid View Post

It is all about where traffic is at, I work in Greenspoint and live in North Richmond/South Katy Area and have the same commute times as your coworker. In Houston just because you are closer distance does not mean a quicker drive. I would suggest to look up North of where Hardy and 45 meet, gives you two options in the morning with traffic. If 45 is backed up, just jump on the Hardy.

Old 02-01-2012, 07:53 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,919,735 times
I worked at JFK & BW8 and lived in midtown, a nice 20-25 reverse commute. The way to play it if your single.

Old 02-01-2012, 12:56 PM

1,110 posts, read 2,584,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyMay View Post
The Heights certainly does seem like a good option. Inside the loop, closer to greenspoint than I am now, reverse commute.

I keep seeing people say that if you're single, you should live inside the loop. Now, maybe this is an odd question, but what makes being inside the loop attractive for someone single? I hear it repeated a lot, but I don't really have a good sense of what the single-specific advantages are of living inside the loop. Is anyone able to give me at least some insight into that?
More if you are single and like the night light. Inside the loop has a lot of the hang out spots to meet people.

Outwards is more suburban and family type living. Minor spots for going out and meeting people.

That really depends on your personality and if you even like to go out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston