U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-13-2012, 09:08 AM

864 posts, read 870,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
Geez, just man up and ask her out lol
Hehe, after re-reading my last post, it certainly seems like that! Yikes!
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2012, 12:02 PM

320 posts, read 246,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLFT View Post
Common sense versus emotional turmoil. Examples include tax policy versus man-made global climate destruction. Close enough? I have more examples if needed.
common sense vs. emotional turmoil is really vague.

Tell me what side of the fence Houston lines up on these issues.

-Diversity, openess in all areas (race, religion, immigration, sexual preference, etc.)
-Mass Transit (aren't ther enew trail lines under construction)
-Government involvement (remember the city built Discovery Green with tax payers money)
-City Planning (still non existent but 2 things that happened within the last couple years could be viewed as the precursor to some form of zoning)
1. Transit Corridor Recommendations approved by City Hall
2. Ashby Highrise possibly leading to height restrictions in "certain" areas
-Environmental issues
-Infrastructure Issues (who pays for these and how?)

Add some more and I will add more as I think of them.

Old 02-14-2012, 12:17 AM

410 posts, read 538,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by H'ton View Post
common sense vs. emotional turmoil is really vague.
Please dismiss my tongue-in-cheek dig at liberals, as many are good friends of mine and we tease each other incessantly. I just momentarily forgot where I was.

At brittanykayy, the newer areas are usually front-loaded with lots of new housing with little, to no services nearby. Might be a great opportunity to get your foot in the door in one of these areas. We're about to start building a house in the Westheimer Lakes area and it is fairly raw from that standpoint. The place is ripe for new businesses. Very family oriented and quiet, as well.

Last edited by JimLFT; 02-14-2012 at 12:36 AM..

Old 02-14-2012, 01:45 AM

136 posts, read 148,221 times
Watch out for allergies. I grew up in Los angeles and went to college in San Diego (UCSD) and never had any problems with seasonal allergies until I moved to Houston. Now From February until September I have bad flare ups, so bad I can't run outside. Usually I have to take strong allergy medications and get sinus headaches that make it hard to even exercise indoors.

Old 02-15-2012, 07:09 PM

166 posts, read 296,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deckhanddavy View Post
Hehe, after re-reading my last post, it certainly seems like that! Yikes!
If your a handsome cowboy, I'll say yes .... lol ;D

Old 02-15-2012, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittanykayy View Post
Hot damn!

Old 02-15-2012, 08:56 PM

166 posts, read 296,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny77 View Post
cowboy? haha. houston has like, 8 cowboy in the whole city, and their gay mexican cowboys.
lol !!!! Really ? Dangit. I am 26/still single ... I was hoping to find me a good southern guy when I move... California guys are terrible

Old 02-15-2012, 09:03 PM

Quote:
lol !!!! Really ? Dangit. I am 26/still single ... I was hoping to find me a good southern guy when I move... California guys are terrible
If you make it here to see a Houston Rodeo concert in March, there will be more than enough cowboy eye candy to look at.

Old 02-16-2012, 10:57 AM

115 posts, read 169,495 times
"My main reason for moving is quality of life. I have none here in So Cal." Wow...have you been in Houston during the summer months? If enjoying the outdoors is a big part of your "quality of life", then Houston is not for you.

Old 02-16-2012, 11:16 AM

9,993 posts, read 9,046,200 times
Quote:
There's plenty of those around here

Cowboys
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston