U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 09:22 AM

5 posts, read 9,394 times

Advertisements

Ok so my license is suspended. I had to many tickets in a three year period. I know that I have paid all of them and I do not owe anyone anything. I do have my license suspended until April of 2013. The issue here is that a regular occupational license will not suffice. My job requires me to operate Commercial style trucks. I am a salesman but my sales calls have to be made while using the company trucks. I just wanted to ask if anyone knew a way to lift the suspension. I would ask an attorney, but before going to spend a bunch of money. I wanted to hopefully get some answers. Any help at all would be great. I know i can get an sr-22 etc etc but I need to lift the full suspension so i can operate commercial trucks before next month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2012, 09:51 AM

3,333 posts, read 7,820,611 times
Petition the court. Set a court date and stop getting tickets. They won't just hand it to you.

Ronnie

Old 02-15-2012, 10:08 AM

1,649 posts, read 3,059,102 times
Your screen name is not helping your case.

Old 02-15-2012, 10:38 AM

2,076 posts, read 3,824,507 times
The fact that your job requires you to be able to drive yet you continued to rack up tickets tells me you probably shouldn't have a license. If you can't drive safe when your livelihood depends on it, then what does that say?

Old 02-15-2012, 10:41 AM

35,121 posts, read 38,035,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
The fact that your job requires you to be able to drive yet you continued to rack up tickets tells me you probably shouldn't have a license. If you can't drive safe when your livelihood depends on it, then what does that say?

I could not have typed this better myself. I just hope this one does not live where I drive.

How irresponsible to continue to get tickets knowing your employment depends on your ability to drive.

Old 02-15-2012, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2mini View Post
Your screen name is not helping your case.
its one i have used since i fel in love with the 2003-2004 cobras LOL. Thanks though

Old 02-15-2012, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonRonnie View Post
Petition the court. Set a court date and stop getting tickets. They won't just hand it to you.

Ronnie
Thanks Ronnie I just need a step in the right direction to get it back. I dont get tickets on purpose or anything just a couple here and there but it looks to me that it added up. I didnt know it could affect my job at all. These other people on this site are Hilarious, talking like they know me. HAHA thanks though man i will get with a lawyer and see what i can do about petitioning the court.

Old 02-15-2012, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I could not have typed this better myself. I just hope this one does not live where I drive.

How irresponsible to continue to get tickets knowing your employment depends on your ability to drive.
How irresponsible>?? Wow I didnt go out of my way to get tickets or anything. Get your facts straight before you point fingers. You are only making yourself look bad here.

Old 02-15-2012, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
Same goes for you. Did i say "I have a job but i go home at night and yell at cops to chase me and give me citations!!" nope sure didnt. Over a period of 3 years the tickets have added up, come on now kid read before you write.

Old 02-15-2012, 11:51 AM

410 posts, read 606,342 times
Sorry. Can't help but jump in here. People usually don't get tickets if they're doing all the right things -- following the speed limit, making sure the inspection and registration stickers are updated, etc. In your situation where your job is dependent on having a current license, it would seem that you would want to be extra careful to protect your driving privilege by following the laws. Plus, imagine the outrage if you're involved in a wreck, your company gets sued, and then they find out their employee has been driving with a suspended driver's license! You would be fired for sure!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or