Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2012, 06:19 PM

2 posts, read 10,543 times

Advertisements

Almost ready to pull the trigger. Looking at the cloverdale. Is this a good buy??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2012, 08:21 PM
cla

898 posts, read 3,307,813 times
KL is surrounded by Cinco on 3 sides, which would seem to be good for home values. I have heard good and bad about Pulte, but that can be said of every tract builder in the area.

I live nearby and walk around the lake from time to time. Early on I found that some of the homes that backed to the lake had unkempt yards with lots of "junk" lying around, but that doesn't seem to be as much of an issue today.

Old 02-14-2012, 08:27 PM

246 posts, read 895,084 times
The builder, Pulte is not very good, my friend's home has some issue on the drive way, kind like of rusting. The material is cheap compared with the builder in CR. Many residents at old side are renters, having party on almost every weekends. I think they do poor maintenance on the pool and lake. Compared with CR, you can't find a spot. The good thing is the house is cheap there, having 150K-200K that attract more investors to buy house and rent it out.

Old 02-15-2012, 10:03 AM

302 posts, read 955,179 times
You can't compare King Lakes to Cinco... there is a huge difference... but if you want to see if you are getting a good deal, check out Pine Mill Ranch or Silver Lake. They are very close to King Lakes... I live about 3 minutes from King Lakes, went there once when they first opened and didn't like it... went back a couple of months ago and that didn't change my opinion...

It's probably going to be nearly impossible to compare houses side by side, so the easiest thing to do is get a price per sq ft... that should give you a rough idea... try to compare similar houses (same number of rooms, stories, bathrooms, similar lots and close enough sq ft) that should give you an idea... Cinco is very expensive and I wouldn't use it to compare it... but def check out the other 2 I mentioned... Other subdivisions to check out... Westheimer Lakes North... also on the north side of Silver Ranch there are a couple of new subdivisions...

Old 02-15-2012, 10:10 AM

660 posts, read 1,616,385 times
i like the entrance to king lakes subdivision though.. nice lakes..

Old 02-16-2012, 10:36 AM

21 posts, read 30,654 times
I've never heard of King Lakes, I will have to check it out. We live in Pine Mill Ranch and its fabulous. Great community, great amenities, safe, good schools, and its a bit cheaper than Cinco (though you can still get a beautiful large home here). I want to stay the builders are Weston, newmark and one other. Good luck!

Old 02-16-2012, 04:31 PM

2 posts, read 10,543 times
any other usefull information? How about how far are the pulte builders willing to bend??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: