U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2012, 04:18 PM

79 posts, read 250,174 times

Advertisements

I am in the process of buying a house in Fieldstone. We decided to get one of the 50" with Brighton. They do have lots left and are building several inventory homes so your options will be limited depending on the floor plan you use. The person we are working with mentioned that they are going to open a new section but did not provide a date.

If you are buying in 2013 they will probably have homes but like everyone else suggested that's a long time period and things can change.

Hope that helps.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2012, 10:13 AM

7 posts, read 11,637 times
My wife and I just got a home built there. We signed our contract on February 14th, 2012 (Happy valentine's day for us) and the house was finished by may 23rd. That is crazy fast! We built with Meritage as their 2 story houses were better than their one story (who puts laundry and pantry areas together?? - crazy). In any case, we had a really nice experience. The agent and the construction manager were always available with any questions we had (via email or phone) and anything we didn't like they fixed. Whenever buying a home from Meritage, I recommend going to see the progress every weekend (they don't work sat/sunday) and take notes on what you think needs improvement. You can call them on monday (they promise to call you every monday with updates, but you better call them to "remind them") and pass on your "list" and you will find it fixed by the next week. We got the 45 feet lot and our backyard is 41x45 feet (we have small dogs) and is more than enough. I found the whole process very stress-free. As with anything, this is a man-made product and will not be perfect (I am not very happy about some of the painting work, but it will do), in fact you may find a lot of little things once you start doing things to the house (we painted some of the walls in accent colors). All in all, for this being our first home, we are quite pleased. We made sure to get a lot as far away as possible from the entrance and it is very, very quiet.

Good luck getting a new home!

Old 06-04-2012, 02:25 PM

338 posts, read 658,979 times
Brighton is a builder in my subdivision and we always walk their houses that are unlocked to look at the quality. I must say I am usually not very impressed with it. Stud have lots of nails poking through from mistrikes, back porch is pulling off the hardy board from the wall because it is not supported correctly. All in all I am not very impressed with them.

Old 08-21-2012, 11:52 PM

79 posts, read 250,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trele6 View Post
Brighton is a builder in my subdivision and we always walk their houses that are unlocked to look at the quality. I must say I am usually not very impressed with it. Stud have lots of nails poking through from mistrikes, back porch is pulling off the hardy board from the wall because it is not supported correctly. All in all I am not very impressed with them.
This was not my experience with them. They've done a good job and when my inspector or myself found issues they were quick to correct them. With that said I have been extremely involved during the construction process. I visited the site every other day and documented everything to the builder with pictures and emails.

I will also add that I think it really depends who the contractors performing the work are. Some are good some are bad. Whenever I went to visit the property I politely spoke to them in spanish, since they all spoke spanish, and provided them with water, gatorade, etc. They were very appreciative and did a good job on the home. Those guys work very hard on the TX hear and I think a little appreciation/thanks does go a long way for them to give the extra mile.

I have to say so far so good. Happy with the way things are going.

Old 05-06-2013, 02:45 PM

4 posts, read 7,892 times
Hello,

I am planning to purchase home which was built in 2007 in Fieldstone.
I will appreciate any latest input which can help me decide and also make me feel comfortable.

Sincerely,
Maxpak1020

Old 05-06-2013, 06:12 PM

189 posts, read 436,621 times
Field Stone is very close to Grand Mission and i think you can buy more houses for the money in Grand Mission. Both communities are very similar.

Old 05-09-2013, 09:50 PM

668 posts, read 1,107,863 times
If I had to choose between Fieldstone and Grand Mission I would go with Fieldstone. More aesthetically pleasing and Grand Mission is getting a bad rep for stuff that goes on in that community.

Old 03-13-2015, 08:31 AM

1 posts, read 557 times
I was just looking at all these old posts for Fieldstone. It's like a time capsule. People speculating and going back and forth. It's very interesting. Let's fast forward to 2015. The area is booming. Tons of new businesses are coming to this area and they have expanded home building to 4 new sections. We have also seen an increase in property value of about 17% in one year alone, which has killed me on taxes. Lol.

Old 03-16-2015, 04:58 PM

33 posts, read 37,499 times
I looked at fieldstone and decided to build a home in the neighboring community waterview estates in the new section. One main reason was fieldstone was only offering either 40' or 45' lots in our price range. This is incredibly small.

Old 03-23-2015, 08:15 PM

156 posts, read 246,170 times
my coworkers owned a home in Fieldstone. They didn't like their home. They have been living in this house for 6 years but never hung a picture on the wall. Because they always thinking to sell the house. The house always problem, for example, ceiling leak, the backdoor is rotten after a couple years, they have to reinstall a new door, they have to fix a lot of things around the house so they hate their house. The builder was filing bankruptcy and sold it to other builder. So they lost their warranty or whatever they said. Anyway, I would never move there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or