Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 06:40 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,111,665 times

Advertisements

Earth to earth. Ashes to ashes. You are picking up after the dog - I can't see where it hurts. After I am buried, feel free to come there with your dog. I will consider it OK, since you are cleaning up. I won't really care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2012, 06:58 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,786,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
Earth to earth. Ashes to ashes. You are picking up after the dog - I can't see where it hurts. After I am buried, feel free to come there with your dog. I will consider it OK, since you are cleaning up. I won't really care.
You have to think of the other people who have family and friends buried there and not just yourself. I was at the cemetery last week burying a loved one and I would have been bothered if I saw someone using the cemetery as a dog park because they didn't want to be bothered with using a park designated for their dog. Cemeteries are for final resting places for loved ones and dog parks are for taking your dog for exercise. Why is it necessary to change that? It's hard enough going to the cemetery to bury a loved one or visit a loved one. Why disrespect those already in pain who may take offense to it. You may not understand why they take offense to it but it's not worth it. Especially since there are already dog parks out there.

Old 02-19-2012, 07:16 PM

660 posts, read 1,607,565 times
lol i'd be too scared to walk my dog in a cementery

Old 02-19-2012, 07:17 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,770,063 times
Another no vote. It just seems wrong.

Old 02-19-2012, 07:41 PM

101 posts, read 369,740 times
The dead couldn't care less. People really fuss over the smallest things sometimes.

Old 02-19-2012, 07:54 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,786,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacheskitty View Post
The dead couldn't care less. People really fuss over the smallest things sometimes.
It's not about the dead. It's about the family and friends of the dead. There really is no good reason to take your dog to the cemetery to walk him when there are plenty of parks out there you can take your dog to.

To be honest I was in so much grief last week when I was at the cemetery I probably wouldn't have even noticed someone walking their dog.

Just try to consider the feelings of other people before doing something like that. You might not find it disrespectful but someone else might and disrespecting the people there grieving their loved ones seems so wrong.

Old 02-19-2012, 08:10 PM

8,891 posts, read 19,875,808 times
The dead may not care because they can't -- but I would say it is safe bet that if you asked one before they died if it would be okay if they were buried where people allowed pets to urinate and poop on them -- they'd probably say no.

Old 02-19-2012, 08:21 PM

3,842 posts, read 8,217,690 times
I say no, too. I am a bit sensitive on the dog issue. I just went for a walk in the neighborhood, and there is one block where somebody does not pick up after their dog. There is a short stretch of sidewalk where you really have to watch where your step. This infuriates me (I am all for that dog DNA testing thing), so I cannot begin to imagine the anger I would experience to see a tiny rat dog raise it's leg on a loved one's headstone, and you know they would at least try. Even if most people are responsible with their pets, all it takes is one who isn't to ruin the party.

I keep telling my gf that we are getting a pet bobcat so the people that walk their dogs in front of our house won't even begin to let them stop and relieve themselves.

Old 02-19-2012, 10:00 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,695,863 times
Pet Cemetary 3, filmed in Houston!

Old 02-20-2012, 10:06 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,552,878 times
I agree with the others. Find some other place to walk your dog.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston