U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2018, 11:53 AM

1 posts, read 112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
Are there any places in Houston where you can stay in a room on a hourly basis? Any hotel/motel?

Any other suggestions?

Ok so technically,I donít know if this is a city of Houston thing or a Harris county thing, but technically the owners of a motel/hotel cannot rent by the hour. The way they get around this is by renting in two-hour blocks.

Your larger more well known hotels do not usually do this but your everyday motels do. So when renting hourly you will get two hours for usually $20-$25. From there you can add single hours if you need more time. Just remember, a lot of these places charge $40-$65/night. So if you get two hours and at the end of that time decide to rent two more hours, you will have paid the nightly rate for just four hours time. If you wish to rent for four hours, in order to get a discount, you must ask for a four hour block of time from the beginning. Another thing is that these places are very strict in the amount of people in each room. Whether it be hourly or nightly the maximum amount of people per room is two per bed. There will usually be a $20/person visitor fee(if they even allow visitors).
So to answer your question,lol, yes,there are many hourly motels in Houston/Harris county
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2018, 12:07 PM

287 posts, read 160,564 times
Think about this: if you go to an hourly rate motel, would you trust the linens on the bed to be clean?

Old 10-27-2018, 02:32 PM

1,104 posts, read 774,995 times
If you are sleeping with a person who will go with you to an hourly rate motel, would you trust them to be clean?

Old 10-27-2018, 04:51 PM

33,578 posts, read 51,786,623 times
Heck, most wouldn't trust a person who is renting a hously rate motel to be clean.

Old 10-27-2018, 06:39 PM

70 posts, read 27,585 times
Considering the condition of the sheets after a two hour rental, I think you can rest assured they are changed.

In Latin countries everyone lives with their parents until they marry, so hourly places are pretty common. Just a practical solution to an obvious need. What's the big deal?

Old Yesterday, 05:39 PM

1,106 posts, read 850,234 times
I have also heard of the Palace Inns serving this kind of demand. I am not a prude, but have never stayed in such an establishment and I would be concerned about cleanliness. However ... come to think of it, mainstream hotels may not always be as clean as we assume.

Something related: while visiting Japan years ago, a friend pointed out the so-called "love hotels" there. (Many actually had signage that said "Love Hotel".) Once alerted, I noticed them all over. If you're curious, look up "love hotels' on Wikipedia. According to that source, its a really big business there and also in other countries.

Old Today, 10:52 AM

33,578 posts, read 51,786,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snackdog View Post
Considering the condition of the sheets after a two hour rental, I think you can rest assured they are changed.

In Latin countries everyone lives with their parents until they marry, so hourly places are pretty common. Just a practical solution to an obvious need. What's the big deal?
Very true. People often think about the unsavory activities, but an hourly hotels are often used by business people, who after long hours of travel use them to shower and freshen up before their first meeting of the day.
There are websites you might want to to consider:
www.Getaroom.com
or
www.DayUse.com
Lots of participating hotels are four and five stars, and I am sure they offer high standards.

Old Today, 10:57 AM

425 posts, read 480,121 times
I'm sure there's hourly motels in portions of the Northside, NW Houston around the Antoine corridor, etc. South Park has one on MLK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or