U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 12:42 PM

8,260 posts, read 9,209,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
lol, its a combination of all those things that makes them taste so good

There is one that parks on the corner of Pacific and Grant in Montrose near the Gay clubs. It is hella good. Don't think many patrons care about washed hands after 10 drinks
I would ask what are you doing down there by the gay clubs. But never mind, I don' want to know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2012, 01:30 PM

5,402 posts, read 12,177,518 times
Default Hell Taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lije Baley View Post
Just saw this store last night while driving on Westheimer and literally did a double-take:

"The Sign of Del Taco Rises Over Houston"

I only vaguely remember this chain being here in Houston, and until last night the only other time I've regularly seen them is in the movies, usually movies that are set in L.A.

Are their offerings any better than Taco Bell's?
These were all around Houston, some jokingly called them Hell Taco, not too different from Taco Hell (Bell). I recall one on Bellair and Dairy-Ashford where the Popeyes is now. Also, on Memorial and Dairy-Ashford where the Schlotzsky's is now.

Old 02-24-2012, 02:36 PM

18,509 posts, read 27,244,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
I would ask what are you doing down there by the gay clubs. But never mind, I don' want to know.
buying Tacos of course.

Saw a guy there one night. He and his family were visiting from New York. He said "Man Houstonians are really friendly!!" He said "Me and the wife and kids had stopped by earlier and bought some Tacos, and I liked them so much, I am back to buy some more and so far 4 guys have kissed me" LMAO

He said he was here on a business trip, wonder why he decided to stay in Montrose

Old 02-24-2012, 04:33 PM

65 posts, read 119,132 times
I was at one in Denton, TX a few months ago........Much better than Taco Hell

Old 02-24-2012, 05:41 PM

2,240 posts, read 2,665,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
You mean the roach coach? The ones who do not have to comply with health code? Never are inspected? No place to wash their hands? No proper refrigeration of foods? No sanitized gloves worn to handle food? No AC and the unlicensed undocumented woman in the coach sweats right on the food while preparing it?

I guess you're right. Sounds extremely appetizing.
Good way to build up your immune system. American's get colds and food illness so easy cause we are OCD with germs.

Eat from those trucks and build up a tough immune system!

Old 02-24-2012, 07:12 PM

1,184 posts, read 2,424,439 times
i was out in LA on the west coast the past few years and del taco was def the worst fast food chain out of them all. food is garbage and cant believe people eat it plus coming here. taco bell is better, not that it says much, but i hope del taco dont start poppin up everywhere.

Old 02-25-2012, 12:02 AM

2,062 posts, read 3,235,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lije Baley View Post
Just saw this store last night while driving on Westheimer and literally did a double-take:

"The Sign of Del Taco Rises Over Houston"

I only vaguely remember this chain being here in Houston, and until last night the only other time I've regularly seen them is in the movies, usually movies that are set in L.A.

Are their offerings any better than Taco Bell's?
quite honestly i find del taco more disgusting that taco bell. it's a gross fast food. as gross as it could get.

Old 02-25-2012, 12:06 AM

2,062 posts, read 3,235,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dollar View Post
F*#$ Taco Bell and all these other fast food Mexican places. The best and cheapest fast food you can get in Houston are our fabulous taco trucks. Authentic, fast, cheap, and delicious.

This is a positive post.
thank you David Dollar for spreading some logic around. No city needs a chain like taco bell or del taco. del taco is grotesquely disgusting. i live in san francisco and there is one just a block from where i work. i tried it once when on my break.... that's the last time i'll ever go.

but you're on the right mindset. out of all the things i miss about texas are the delicious taco trucks around houston which imo are the best in the country.

Old 02-25-2012, 08:30 PM

8,950 posts, read 14,083,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dollar View Post
F*#$ Taco Bell and all these other fast food Mexican places. The best and cheapest fast food you can get in Houston are our fabulous taco trucks. Authentic, fast, cheap, and delicious.

This is a positive post.
You are so right - especially the ones that service the construction sites.

Old 02-25-2012, 10:49 PM

12,986 posts, read 5,391,210 times
I used to eat lunch at Del Taco every day in high school (it was one of the few places we could get food with my alloted two-dollar lunch money). The bean burrito was really good, and they had a salsa bar that was awesome. The tortillas were delicious too. I don't recall them having burgers or fries at all, but probably because it wouldn't fit into my two-dollar budget.

I was very sad when they closed down in the late '80s. Thank God Two Pesos came along about that time, but they were sadly shut down by a lawsuit filed by Taco Cabana a few years later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston