U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 02-26-2012, 03:58 PM
 
5 posts, read 23,372 times
Reputation: 11

Advertisements

Apparantly there's a sex offender living in my apartment complex...
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-26-2012, 04:54 PM
 
2,703 posts, read 3,787,662 times
Reputation: 3051
That area of Greenspoint isn't so bad but Northborough IS bad. That whole street and those apartments are not good.

ALWAYS research the area before you sign anything.

I know you want to be like walkable distance for the job but that's not the apartment complex area to do it. You can drive just a little piece more and be on 1960 and in a better area and still close to the job.

Does the sex offender site tell what the crime was? An 18 year old guy and his 15-16 year old girlfriend I believe gets an offender label. That's not really bad. Now a 40+ man and a 15 year old girl needs lethal injection over just a label and being out of jail.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2012, 07:52 PM
 
5 posts, read 23,372 times
Reputation: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaBlue View Post
That area of Greenspoint isn't so bad but Northborough IS bad. I know you want to be like walkable distance for the job but that's not the apartment complex area to do it. You can drive just a little piece more and be on 1960 and in a better area and still close to the job.
I'm glad you said that because there's an apartment complex about a mile north of Northborough that seems nice but I thought that it might be just as unsafe so I was considering just staying in the one I'm in.

Quote:
Does the sex offender site tell what the crime was?

unfortunately not
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2012, 09:14 PM
 
44 posts, read 187,775 times
Reputation: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet17 View Post
I'm glad you said that because there's an apartment complex about a mile north of Northborough that seems nice but I thought that it might be just as unsafe so I was considering just staying in the one I'm in.




unfortunately not
Click on the sex offender icon and then some box with a terms of agreement thing pops up giving the option to accept; click accept and it gives you their name and address. Then search for that person on this site: https://records.txdps.state.tx.us/DP...New/index.aspx

Scroll down and it will tell you how old the victim was... I just found out I have a sex offender in my neighborhood. An 18 year old guy and the victim was 4 years old. Ugh!!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2012, 01:36 AM
 
2,703 posts, read 3,787,662 times
Reputation: 3051
Quote:
Originally Posted by hx2010 View Post
Click on the sex offender icon and then some box with a terms of agreement thing pops up giving the option to accept; click accept and it gives you their name and address. Then search for that person on this site: https://records.txdps.state.tx.us/DP...New/index.aspx

Scroll down and it will tell you how old the victim was... I just found out I have a sex offender in my neighborhood. An 18 year old guy and the victim was 4 years old. Ugh!!


Now see, stuff like that makes you hate the justice system.

We have idiots in jail for stupid s*** sucking up tax dollars yet some evil guy like that is living in a neighborhood? Hell, the fact that he's still living at all is so wrong. 4? OMG. Not cool justice system. Not cool. No one gives a crap if he/she stole some crap at the mall. Yet they're in county/Huntsville lock up yet sex offenders are on the streets? Really? o_O
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2012, 07:04 AM
 
1,574 posts, read 2,469,412 times
Reputation: 1106
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
lol, you are not the only white boy there. I know at least 5 who live there Big difference


Saw one walking along the street. He was dressed in drag but had no make up and no fake boobs. just a blouse, fishnet stockings, short shorts and big fluffy boots. Was that you???

If it was, I know some people who can help teach you how to complete the ensemble. Starting with a wig, make up and foam boobies
There MAY be some other white guys in my neighborhood, but I have never seen them. Maybe they are afraid to come outisde. I have some some rather large white women hobbling around.

You seem to know an awful lot about gays and trannies in my gayborhood as you call it.........but I don't think anybody wants to see me try and pull off drag!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2012, 07:35 AM
 
413 posts, read 980,436 times
Reputation: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet17 View Post
I work about .5 miles from the apartment for a very reputable company. The office is extremely nice. I had no idea that the area around it would be this dangerous. If it was just me I wouldn't even care but my girlfriend is small and asian. I'm extremely worried for her safety.
I work in greenspoint area and there a nice companies here - exxon, ABS etc but if you make good money, please stay elsewhere. If you're on a budget and got a 2 bedroom for $500, move out when the lease ends. If you can afford, leave greenspoint.

My friends car got it's window smashed to steal a phone when he was inside getting soda at 12pm on a Tuesday noon at the exxon gas station on greenspoint and benmar.

DavidDollar - I know a white guy living in greenspoint. Stop feeling special I just told you about his car in the above line. He is planning to move in March
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2012, 09:49 AM
 
Location: Texas
7,822 posts, read 5,452,514 times
Reputation: 6420
You were better off renting apartments a couple of miles north like the ones on Dominion park (as the other poster suggested). Northborough area apartments may be okay but if you can afford to pay more, I would have gone some place else. Hopefully you signed a 6 month lease.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2012, 03:47 PM
 
Location: Up on the moon laughing down on you
18,509 posts, read 27,264,418 times
Reputation: 7566
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dollar View Post
There MAY be some other white guys in my neighborhood, but I have never seen them. Maybe they are afraid to come outisde. I have some some rather large white women hobbling around.

You seem to know an awful lot about gays and trannies in my gayborhood as you call it.........but I don't think anybody wants to see me try and pull off drag!
would at least show that you have a sense of humor.

and yeah My brother lives up near you. Watch out, he steals cars
.

.


.

.

.

.

.

.
Just kidding
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2012, 08:28 PM
 
1,574 posts, read 2,469,412 times
Reputation: 1106
Quote:
Originally Posted by smuggy_mba View Post
I work in greenspoint area and there a nice companies here - exxon, ABS etc but if you make good money, please stay elsewhere. If you're on a budget and got a 2 bedroom for $500, move out when the lease ends. If you can afford, leave greenspoint.

My friends car got it's window smashed to steal a phone when he was inside getting soda at 12pm on a Tuesday noon at the exxon gas station on greenspoint and benmar.

DavidDollar - I know a white guy living in greenspoint. Stop feeling special I just told you about his car in the above line. He is planning to move in March
That is where he messed up! Don't leave anything in your car here! My buddy got the VW emblems stolen off the rims of his car last week, AND they busted his window and got his GPS when I lived in Montrose. The poor guy just can't win. I have never had my car broken into here. they did get my bicylces though!
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top