U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-26-2012, 01:26 PM

4 posts, read 6,372 times

Advertisements

We are 1st time home buyers and recently hearing a lot about Aliana community getting back in picture. Our main concern is about middle/high schools; is it true that some parts are zoned to Austin HS and some are to Travis?. My kid is in 5th grade (HISD) magnet program now and how is Travis compared to Austin HS?. How bad is the commute to energy corridor during school/rush hours. Are we OK in favoring Aliana over Seven meadows as far as commute and schools. Lot of questions and thanks in advance for the info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2012, 05:33 PM

1,442 posts, read 3,490,282 times
Our main concern is about middle/high schools; is it true that some parts are zoned to Austin HS and some are to Travis? Last i check they were zoned to James Bowie Middle School and Travis High School.
How bad is the commute to energy corridor during school/rush hours. The drive may be from 35-45 minutes depending on what time you leave.

Old 02-26-2012, 06:10 PM

8,951 posts, read 15,435,564 times
Green Trails in Katy would have best commute to the EC if you can't afford within the EC. (no budget given in this thread) Appreciation is very strong in Green Trails.

But if you have to have new construction, yeah add on 30 minutes minimum. Personally, I think get to places off I-10 are easier from the EC than trying to get down to Sugarland/Richmond areas. traffic is getting worse monthly in this metro.

Old 02-27-2012, 11:11 AM

488 posts, read 487,088 times
I think all of the high schoolers in Aliana are zoned to Travis.....as far as getting to the EC from there, in the mornings, there is a major bottleneck at the westpark toll/hwy99 intersection and once you get through that, you still have to deal with the traffic down 99 getting to the entry ramp for 1-10, and then the traffic down to eldridge....it can be a pain in the morning....I would say expect 30-45 minutes of traffic in the morning, and if its bad weather, your commute could be nearly an hour

Old 02-27-2012, 05:13 PM

1,444 posts, read 1,750,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by v2four View Post
I think all of the high schoolers in Aliana are zoned to Travis.....as far as getting to the EC from there, in the mornings, there is a major bottleneck at the westpark toll/hwy99 intersection and once you get through that, you still have to deal with the traffic down 99 getting to the entry ramp for 1-10, and then the traffic down to eldridge....it can be a pain in the morning....I would say expect 30-45 minutes of traffic in the morning, and if its bad weather, your commute could be nearly an hour
I'm not from there so correct me if i'm wrong, but wouldn't the OP jump directly on Westpark and exit at Hwy 6 and got to Eldridge or whatever N-S street their place of work would be?

Old 02-28-2012, 08:25 AM

293 posts, read 497,042 times
There is no ramp to the Westpark Toll from 99 south right now, so they'll be stuck at that intersection for a while...

but to answer your question, the westpark doesn't have a true exit for hwy 6, you have to exit a good mile or two before then... next exit going towards Houston is for the beltway...

Once you get HWY 6, you have to fight the traffic going north to I-10... usually most of the jobs on the energy corridor are right there on I-10...

Old 02-28-2012, 07:37 PM

5,341 posts, read 8,983,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by v2four View Post
I don't know why someone from Aliana would go that way, the Grand Pkwy/99 veers out west as it gets closer to south Katy from Sugar Land.

I drive from basically northwest Sugar Land to my office that's between West Oaks and the EC (but closer to the EC) daily, FM 1464 or Harlem to Westheimer to Hwy 6. There is no reason I would go way out to the Grand Pkwy/99 to Westpark or I-10. FM 1464 goes right through Aliana, I drive through it each day. My commute is 20-25 minutes unless there's a wreck or something else unforseen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston