U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-07-2012, 03:21 PM
 
59 posts, read 73,008 times
Reputation: 46

Advertisements

I feel so dissapointed after coming back and reading my replies......I cannot beleive that people that talk or write like some of you people did in this post exist in this world. Well let me tell you something I am a student and I did post this like after writing a 3 page paper, so my eyes were a bit tired could not see the tiney words and decided to use CAPS. I so apologize for the whining people complaining that it hurt their eyes!!!! I do think that if this is so true, than why did you even bother to read or post on my thread. I think that if you are not interested in a thread you should just keep it moving to a next one, that's what I did. Not bud in and try to make others feel bad on their grammar and how they decided to post a thread. You know what? I actually regret asking Houston's people for advice because it made me have a sense on how atleat some people that live there actually are. I read in a thread that people in Houston make little things seem big and I guess by some of you that posted it is so TRUE. Let me tell you something, us NYers do not act this way, a person need help with directions we provide it, if we know it. People need help with a train stop we help them....That is what we are suppose to do to make this world better. I do not mean to point out group categories but in this point I had to. So I guess I should think it out more before I have to face these kind of nonsense in person. Dejablue: Thanks for the advise. But NO I am not yelling, I have way to much manners to do that to anyone. I will edit not because you told me to but because I do not want to get more whining people posting on my thread. MisB98: If you stopped reading then you should've keep it moving to another thread and not bother to post for that you had time right? NeedTXinfo: UM I am not yelling I am an adult and what I have learned my entire 23 years of life is to respect others. At Blulion_ms using the phrase "Horrible" to describe a grammar I think is innapropiate, I never learned that in school hmmmm. Oh then you should have not read it and keep it moving, because I did not post that I needed help with grammar, I think I asked for some info on HOUSTON. And City Love don't even know why you read this like really, Do you use glasses that it hurt you so much....because I have read it over and over and does nothing to my eyes and NO I do not use glasses that is why I ask. And for the others I thank you very much for ignoring the non-importance(CAPS) and paying attention to my point(needing Information on Houston) and giving me some advise, If the CAPS hurt your eyes aswell than I truly apologize and will take you advise into consideration. I actually think is crazy that I took this time to clarify to some immature people that think CAPS are the end of the world. I just did so you can know that It does not make me illiterate to use CAPS and lesson in life, please let small things like this go by and pay attention to more important things that Im sure we all should put more attention to so we can all succeed in life. Thanks all that posted, I appreciate it very much for taking your time to contribute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-07-2012, 03:31 PM
 
559 posts, read 860,724 times
Reputation: 626
*sighs*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2012, 03:52 PM
 
59 posts, read 73,008 times
Reputation: 46
To make short an dsimple I just want to move out of NY already, for me is a big step since I have not lived in another other place than NY.From all the other states that I have researched Houston,TX has caught my eyes. I can afford to rent for $1000 but in the $800-$900's would be great to start with. I have read about many places and that is my only problem I do not have a specific place in mind. I did receive a call froma a Houston Real Estate Agent and told me that The Woodlands is a great place, so I have started my research and I am liking what I see or read online. I plan to visit, don't know when just to see itin person before just moving out there. I see that there are many rentals available from apartment to single family homes, which one should I consider and would be less expenses for a party of 2? Any other options as to where I should rent will be welcome. I would like to live near shopping areas, grocery, movie theaters or any other activities. I am not a fan of night clubs, maybe bars and restaurants would be better in my choice. Oh and when I be near it does not have to be like only 5 mins away, I am willing to drive so 30mins or a little less is ok for me to get to places. Please anyone that knows about The Woodlands can you leave me some inputs on this area. Thanks =)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2012, 05:05 PM
 
613 posts, read 855,785 times
Reputation: 662
Block text is so much better.

You can get pissy about the responses or you can take on the feedback and post in a way that is likely to get replies. If you check other threads of people asking for help, you will find lots of people willing to provide that help.

All internet forums are basically the same from this standpoint: if you post in a way that it is easy for people to read and digest, you will get better responses. In general, people do not like to read all CAPS and they do not like to read big blocks of text with no paragraphs, run on sentences, poor grammar, etc.

So, if you want help then post in a way that makes it easy for people to help. Otherwise, the quality of responses will likely continue to be what you have seen to date.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2012, 05:37 PM
 
2,694 posts, read 3,782,538 times
Reputation: 3030
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY2788 View Post
I feel so dissapointed after coming back and reading my replies......I cannot beleive that people that talk or write like some of you people did in this post exist in this world. Well let me tell you something I am a student and I did post this like after writing a 3 page paper, so my eyes were a bit tired could not see the tiney words and decided to use CAPS. I so apologize for the whining people complaining that it hurt their eyes!!!! I do think that if this is so true, than why did you even bother to read or post on my thread. I think that if you are not interested in a thread you should just keep it moving to a next one, that's what I did. Not bud in and try to make others feel bad on their grammar and how they decided to post a thread. You know what? I actually regret asking Houston's people for advice because it made me have a sense on how atleat some people that live there actually are. I read in a thread that people in Houston make little things seem big and I guess by some of you that posted it is so TRUE. Let me tell you something, us NYers do not act this way, a person need help with directions we provide it, if we know it. People need help with a train stop we help them....That is what we are suppose to do to make this world better. I do not mean to point out group categories but in this point I had to. So I guess I should think it out more before I have to face these kind of nonsense in person. Dejablue: Thanks for the advise. But NO I am not yelling, I have way to much manners to do that to anyone. I will edit not because you told me to but because I do not want to get more whining people posting on my thread. MisB98: If you stopped reading then you should've keep it moving to another thread and not bother to post for that you had time right? NeedTXinfo: UM I am not yelling I am an adult and what I have learned my entire 23 years of life is to respect others. At Blulion_ms using the phrase "Horrible" to describe a grammar I think is innapropiate, I never learned that in school hmmmm. Oh then you should have not read it and keep it moving, because I did not post that I needed help with grammar, I think I asked for some info on HOUSTON. And City Love don't even know why you read this like really, Do you use glasses that it hurt you so much....because I have read it over and over and does nothing to my eyes and NO I do not use glasses that is why I ask. And for the others I thank you very much for ignoring the non-importance(CAPS) and paying attention to my point(needing Information on Houston) and giving me some advise, If the CAPS hurt your eyes aswell than I truly apologize and will take you advise into consideration. I actually think is crazy that I took this time to clarify to some immature people that think CAPS are the end of the world. I just did so you can know that It does not make me illiterate to use CAPS and lesson in life, please let small things like this go by and pay attention to more important things that Im sure we all should put more attention to so we can all succeed in life. Thanks all that posted, I appreciate it very much for taking your time to contribute.
I'm sorry but I'm LOL'ing hard at this.

First, you post a need post in all caps which is hard to read and internet yelling. Then you post a rant in one big jumble mess, calling people out? You have it all backwards.

Trust me, if you want people to read that, which I'm assuming you do, you need to embrace the enter button and give some paragraphs.

No one is playing Where's Waldo trying to decipher this big blocky paragraph.

I feel kind of bad for you that you typed all that and no one is going to read it.

Caps is hard on the eyes, young and old and one big paragraph is too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2012, 06:45 PM
 
59 posts, read 73,008 times
Reputation: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaBlue View Post
I'm sorry but I'm LOL'ing hard at this.

First, you post a need post in all caps which is hard to read and internet yelling. Then you post a rant in one big jumble mess, calling people out? You have it all backwards.

Trust me, if you want people to read that, which I'm assuming you do, you need to embrace the enter button and give some paragraphs.

No one is playing Where's Waldo trying to decipher this big blocky paragraph.

I feel kind of bad for you that you typed all that and no one is going to read it.

Caps is hard on the eyes, young and old and one big paragraph is too.

We'll you did read it right?????? so Im sure other's will too....and you can go LOL'ing some place else.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2012, 06:48 PM
 
59 posts, read 73,008 times
Reputation: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIBS98 View Post
Block text is so much better.

You can get pissy about the responses or you can take on the feedback and post in a way that is likely to get replies. If you check other threads of people asking for help, you will find lots of people willing to provide that help.

All internet forums are basically the same from this standpoint: if you post in a way that it is easy for people to read and digest, you will get better responses. In general, people do not like to read all CAPS and they do not like to read big blocks of text with no paragraphs, run on sentences, poor grammar, etc.

So, if you want help then post in a way that makes it easy for people to help. Otherwise, the quality of responses will likely continue to be what you have seen to date.


Thank You for your response unlike other's, I do understand what you are saying....It is my first time writing in forums

I just needed a little help about Houston, Didn't think that this post would turn out to be about grammar, CAPS and block writing UGH!!!!

I seen other post and seen CAPS all the way, but whatever I'm just going to pay mind to the posts that are helpful....Thanks again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2012, 06:51 PM
 
59 posts, read 73,008 times
Reputation: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY2788 View Post
I feel so dissapointed after coming back and reading my replies......I cannot beleive that people that talk or write like

some of you people did in this post exist in this world. Well let me tell you something I am a student and I did post this like after writing a 3 page

paper, so my eyes were a bit tired could not see the tiney words and
decided to use CAPS. I so apologize for the whining people complaining

that it hurt their eyes!!!! I do think that if this is so true, than why did you even bother to read or post on my thread. I think that if you are not

interested in a thread you should just keep it moving to a next one, that's what I did. Not bud in and try to make others feel bad on their grammar

and how they decided to post a thread. You know what? I actually regret asking Houston's people for advice because it made me have a sense on

how atleat some people that live there actually are. I read in a thread that people in Houston make little things seem big and I guess by some of

you that posted it is so TRUE. Let me tell you something, us NYers do not act this way, a person need help with directions we provide it, if we know it. People need help with a train stop we help them....That is what we are

suppose to do to make this world better. I do not mean to point out group categories but in this point I had to. So I guess I should think it out more

before I have to face these kind of nonsense in person. Dejablue: Thanks for the advise. But NO I am not yelling, I have way to much manners to do that to anyone. I will edit not because you told me to but because I do

not want to get more whining people posting on my thread. MisB98: If you stopped reading then you should've keep it moving to another thread and not bother to post for that you had time right? NeedTXinfo: UM I am not

yelling I am an adult and what I have learned my entire 23 years of life is to respect others. At Blulion_ms using the phrase "Horrible" to describe a grammar I think is innapropiate, I never learned that in school hmmmm. Oh

then you should have not read it and keep it moving, because I did not post that I needed help with grammar, I think I asked for some info on

HOUSTON. And City Love don't even know why you read this like really, Do

you use glasses that it hurt you so much....because I have read it over

and over and does nothing to my eyes and NO I do not use glasses that is why I ask. And for the others I thank you very much for ignoring the non-importance(CAPS) and paying attention to my point(needing Information

on Houston) and giving me some advise, If the CAPS hurt your eyes aswell than I truly apologize and will take you advise into consideration. I actually think is crazy that I took this time to clarify to some immature

people that think CAPS are the end of the world. I just did so you can know that It does not make me illiterate to use CAPS and lesson in life,

please let small things like this go by and pay attention to more important things that Im sure we all should put more attention to so we can all

succeed in life. Thanks all that posted, I appreciate it very much for taking your time to contribute.

Is that clear enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2012, 06:54 PM
 
59 posts, read 73,008 times
Reputation: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY2788 View Post
To make short an dsimple I just want to move out of NY already, for me is a big step since I have not lived in another

other place than NY.From all the other states that I have researched Houston,TX has caught my eyes. I can afford to rent for $1000 but in the $800-$900's would be great to start with. I have read about many places

and that is my only problem I do not have a specific place in mind. I did receive a call froma a Houston Real Estate Agent and told me that The Woodlands is a great place, so I have started my research and I am liking

what I see or read online. I plan to visit, don't know when just to see itin person before just moving out there. I see that there are many rentals available from apartment to single family homes, which one should I

consider and would be less expenses for a party of 2? Any other options as to where I should rent will be welcome. I would like to live near shopping areas, grocery, movie theaters or any other activities. I am not

a fan of night clubs, maybe bars and restaurants would be better in my choice. Oh and when I be near it does not have to be like only 5 mins away, I am willing to drive so 30mins or a little less is ok for me to get to

places. Please anyone that knows about The Woodlands can you leave me some inputs on this area. Thanks =)
Next time.....If someone is to correct one else, tell them in a good manner, not so reluctantly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2012, 07:54 PM
 
982 posts, read 1,038,061 times
Reputation: 1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY2788 View Post
We'll you did read it right?????? so Im sure other's will too....and you can go LOL'ing some place else.....
Don't worry about these people and don't think that Houstonians are all that rude and anal. Its awfully telling when people post things like "if you want people to read, then do this" but they seem to have had no problems reading it anyway. The responses to your initial questions were FAR more rude than posting in all caps could ever be.

I hope you find the answers to your questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top