U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 11:02 AM

19 posts, read 33,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2four View Post
well, there is a lot of drug selling, crack smoking and cocaine snorting all over this area from the inner city of Houston to Kingwood, to Clear Lake,to Katy, to Pearland, to Richmond,to Sugarland, to Cypress, to Tomball to the woodlands and other areas......to label the wards as a place to sell crack or become a rapper is weak.....

Im sure you've seen the multiple marijuana houses, crystal meth labs, sterirod factories and others that have been "busted" all over the place in nice areas with gated communities......
Yeah, solid point. The Wards and Kingwood / Sugarland / Pearland are all practically the same places. Totally interchangeable.

I'm sure you'd be just as comfortable walking your pet at 9:00 at night in Second Ward that you would be in Sugarland.

Hey OP....do me a favor. Go check out the Wards, then go check out Pearland / Sugarland / The Woodlands / Katy......come back on here and give us your thoughts on which place you would rather live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2012, 11:31 AM

2,709 posts, read 3,795,786 times
Quote:
well, there is a lot of drug selling, crack smoking and cocaine snorting all over this area from the inner city of Houston to Kingwood, to Clear Lake,to Katy, to Pearland, to Richmond,to Sugarland, to Cypress, to Tomball to the woodlands and other areas......to label the wards as a place to sell crack or become a rapper is weak.....

Im sure you've seen the multiple marijuana houses, crystal meth labs, sterirod factories and others that have been "busted" all over the place in nice areas with gated communities......

Sure it's everywhere but it's like the mafia. In the suburbs, they're the "classy" drug dealers. The ones shipping it to the ritzy people. Not the ones trying to sell it to your kids and recruit them to sell it in schools and wannabe thugs and stuff. I know those handful of drug dealers a few years back in Benders Landing weren't robbing neighbors while people we're at work. They don't want people knowing their business.

It's wrong all over but you gotta give the others props for being discreet and not messing up your living space and making you feel threatened. They're walking to the car with kilos in the briefcase in Armani.

Old 02-28-2012, 12:21 PM

1,574 posts, read 2,472,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngmcd View Post
Good Lord.....are you kidding me?

You're trying to tell someone to live in Second, Third or Fifth Ward?
Why not? I used to live in Near Northside and loved it. I really like those areas down there off of Telephone too. I wouldn't live in the Bloody Nickel, but there was a thread on here the other day sying it was fine.

Old 02-28-2012, 01:03 PM

96 posts, read 198,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dollar View Post
There are a lot of places for that within 15 min of downtown. Near Northside, Second Ward, Third Ward, 5th Ward, Aldine, etc.

Old 02-28-2012, 01:46 PM

173 posts, read 351,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtao View Post
Family friendly, commute to downtown, would love a yard and 1600+ sq ft. I keep thinking there has got to be a golden gem out there. Thanks in advance for any tips!
Honestly when buying a home you dont need to ask others what the best area is. You need to ask yourself. If you cant decide on your own maybe you should rent until YOU make up YOUR mind. Just do HAR and drive around the areas at night as well as day. Maybe check out some areas you have friends in ect. Good Luck.

Old 02-28-2012, 02:50 PM

392 posts, read 813,819 times
Quote:
There are a lot of places for that within 15 min of downtown. Near Northside, Second Ward, Third Ward, 5th Ward, Aldine, etc.
notsureifsrs....

Old 02-28-2012, 03:58 PM

19 posts, read 33,407 times
Quote:
Why not? I used to live in Near Northside and loved it. I really like those areas down there off of Telephone too. I wouldn't live in the Bloody Nickel, but there was a thread on here the other day sying it was fine.
It's a dump, populated by a bunch of gutter rats.....as is everywhere else you recommended.

Again, I challenge the OP to drive thru any of the places you suggested, and then come back on here to share with us their interest level in ever living in there.

Old 02-28-2012, 04:03 PM

120 posts, read 155,513 times
Quote:

Keep the politics out of this. Don't sell this person a bill of goods about Third Ward being just like Kingwood when they are coming here to ask for help.

Old 02-28-2012, 04:53 PM

55 posts, read 91,312 times
Actually fourth, sixth, and second wards are pretty decent but the nice sections are pricey and above the op's budget. I recommend Sharpstown Section 1. You can get a nice 1400 sf ranch house for around 110k. The neighborhood is 70% families and the elementary school is rated examplary. Definitely go magnet for middle and high school. Commute to Galleria is less than 10 mins and to downtown is 15 minutes. Bellaire and Meyerland are both less than 5 mins away for great shopping.

Old 02-28-2012, 05:03 PM

55 posts, read 91,312 times
And also the near northside is gonna be an amazing place 10 years from now when the rail is finished, town homes are already popping up.

Last edited by extremeturro; 02-28-2012 at 05:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston