U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 04:13 PM

1,194 posts, read 2,894,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonlibrarian View Post
Keep the politics out of this.
wtf? .....speaking of crack.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2012, 05:18 PM

142 posts, read 275,688 times

(1/5)- Screwed in Houston - YouTube

They visit and talk about the thirdward in this video starting around the 2:20 mark. Its actually a good documentary if your into the Houston rap scence

Old 02-28-2012, 08:06 PM

2,240 posts, read 2,666,463 times
Hire a Realtor who gets paid to find what you're looking for. Good luck.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:07 PM

20 posts, read 34,508 times
Default Thank you for your suggestions (and a few laughs)

I do know enough to stay away from the wards You should have seen me the only time we ended up east of the 288, at night, not knowing what was over there

I'll check out some of these areas and report back. Our realtor just keeps asking us what area we want to focus on. It's such a huge place it is hard for us to concentrate on anything. We find an area than get disappointed, over and over and over. Thanks for your tips!

Old 02-28-2012, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydes View Post
Honestly when buying a home you dont need to ask others what the best area is. You need to ask yourself. If you cant decide on your own maybe you should rent until YOU make up YOUR mind. Just do HAR and drive around the areas at night as well as day. Maybe check out some areas you have friends in ect. Good Luck.
Just trying to get a starting place, don't really want to drive around aimlessly, thanks!

Old 02-28-2012, 10:17 PM

1,543 posts, read 1,968,754 times
crime is everywhere....Mission Bend is one of the worst areas out there as it attracts the Alief spillover looking get out of apartments....and that area is 20 minutes from downtown

I saw a new development off South Main and Post Oak behind the Fiesta...great location or try some areas off Hiram Clarke like Brentwood

Old 02-28-2012, 11:37 PM

3,283 posts, read 4,906,987 times
bellaire and meyerland are not even close to that price range.

fourth ward being ghetto? it is one of the most expensive areas to live in the city and has been rated the number one neighborhood in the country in the past by at least one national magazine (Montrose)

Old 02-29-2012, 12:16 AM

55 posts, read 91,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by testmo View Post

fourth ward being ghetto? it is one of the most expensive areas to live in the city and has been rated the number one neighborhood in the country in the past by at least one national magazine (Montrose)
I didn't say Bellaire and Meyerland was in that price range, I said you could get a house in Sharpstown Section 1 for around 110k and that bellaire and meyerland are both less than 5 mins away.

Old 02-29-2012, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeturro View Post
I didn't say Bellaire and Meyerland was in that price range, I said you could get a house in Sharpstown Section 1 for around 110k and that bellaire and meyerland are both less than 5 mins away.
What do you think of the other Sharpstown sections?

Old 02-29-2012, 07:39 AM

19 posts, read 33,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by testmo View Post

Nobody mentioned anything about fourth ward.

The ward's that were mentioned were second, third and fifth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston