U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 05:09 PM

5 posts, read 16,365 times

Advertisements

It could be from allergens, pollution, contaminates, etc.. but eczema is caused by you body being in an acidic state. I used steroid cream for 30 years until I found this out and got my ph balanced. I haven't had it since.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2012, 05:14 PM

17,032 posts, read 26,087,938 times
I had it on my hands up north every year or two. Havent had an issue since I moved here though.

Old 03-25-2012, 06:37 PM

Default ph balance

Send me a pm and I'll tell you how I got mine balanced.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:55 AM

594 posts, read 1,033,252 times
Pegotty: sorry I disappeared. Lots going on regarding reduction of stress

Um I had a TINY spot of eczema on my leg while I lived in Austin years ago. I treated it and it never came back- until I moved to Houston... and yes, it was right away.

I did move here in the Spring and have always experienced bad allergic reactions in the Spring but never skin reactions to this extent.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:23 AM

350 posts, read 956,856 times
My mom had severe eczema on her foot for years. She has tried countless creams which haven't helped at all and contain toxic ingredients (just say NO to Lamisil!). About 3 years ago, she began applying Milk of Magnesia to the affected area and it has been the only thing that has worked. If she starts to see the beginning of a breakout, she sleeps with it on her foot and the next morning it's gone.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:15 PM

2,819 posts, read 4,249,813 times
I've suffered with severe ezcema my entire life. When i lived in Colorado, it would come in thick itchy patches in certain parts mainly because if the dry air. When i moved to Houston, it seemed that it had spread all over in areas i never had it before and areas i never thought i could get it (on the palms of my hands and soles of the foot).

I've got it managed for now but it never "completely" goes away, and usually flares up and comes back to repeat the cycle. I never miss a day without a shower and afterwards i hydrate my skin very well and use steroid creams to reduce the inflammation. I know that steroid creams are said to cause problems but its the only thing that will losen the firm grip that eczema has on me. When it calms down, i enjoy the relief and i will stop use, until it wakes up and raises its ugly head, then i have to start use again. It's a cycle i will battle until the day i die.

things i've found helpful,

Dove Soap or Aveeno Soap Bar
Aveeno lotion
Triamcynalone (prescription)
Halobetosol
stoneclaw/C2H(ComingtoHouston)

Old 03-27-2012, 03:11 PM

Default excema issues

I hate hearing about anyone who suffers from excema. I have done alot of experimenting and it is frustrating cause you never know who to believe or maybe what works for you may not for someone else, but don't give up trying healthful things. Most of it is cheap and wont hurt you like a lot of meds. I know some have asked me how I got mine under control and I hope it works for them. If something that helped me can possibly help someone else I'd be glad to tell them in a pm. Good luck to everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or