U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 12:09 PM

9,274 posts, read 22,768,361 times

Advertisements

I have been this far west on Memorial in probably three years so I can't remember what was there, and hoping someone can help.

I saw a sign that was advertising a new neighborhood, called Talia Trails, just east of Eldridge,along the bayou, by Turkey Trail. It's supposed to be 42 Houses by Partners in Building sitting on 7 acres.In other words, garden homes. I can't recall any empty land there. Did some old apartments get demo'd for these?

Google and Bing show no empty space there either.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2012, 12:37 PM

5,953 posts, read 7,492,992 times
[quote=EasilyAmused;23254995]I have been this far west on Memorial in probably three years so I can't remember what was there, and hoping someone can help.

I saw a sign that was advertising a new neighborhood, called Talia Trails, just east of Eldridge,along the bayou, by Turkey Trail. It's supposed to be 42 Houses by Partners in Building sitting on 7 acres.In other words, garden homes. I can't recall any empty land there. Did some old apartments get demo'd for these?

Google and Bing show no empty space there either.

I lived just west of there for 20 plus years and dont recall that name nor vacant land near there. I see some land at the end of turkey trail on zillow but not 7 acres. I liked living in this area. The weekend traffic conditions were surreal...huge streets and freeways designed for rush hour with little to no traffic on them during the weekend. Easy commute to things we liked in this area and we didnt have alot of land either nor did we want any more land. I was in Fleetwood in an alley section. One of the few in Houston! I am not in DFW area, Plano, with no alley, go figure, had alley in Houston and non here.

I hope to hear there is a small development going on in this area, and see it mentioned on PIB's web site. Location isnt shown in detail but coincides with where you mentioned

Last edited by Johnhw2; 03-04-2012 at 12:49 PM..

Old 03-04-2012, 01:21 PM

2,140 posts, read 3,124,926 times
I asked my RE agent about this and apparently way back before they started developing the other neighborhoods in west memorial (like in the late 50's) there was a developer that sold the plot of land near Turkey Creek and the bayou and some families built 5 homes on the unrestricted plots. The gate that I always thought was for the apartments actually led back to those homes. Sometime in the last few years though the talia trails developer started buying up the acres for their development and apparently they finally got the last plot. It's weird because the plots looked undeveloped from ariel photos but under those trees 5 50's ranches sat.

Old 03-04-2012, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_In_Translation View Post
I asked my RE agent about this and apparently way back before they started developing the other neighborhoods in west memorial (like in the late 50's) there was a developer that sold the plot of land near Turkey Creek and the bayou and some families built 5 homes on the unrestricted plots. The gate that I always thought was for the apartments actually led back to those homes. Sometime in the last few years though the talia trails developer started buying up the acres for their development and apparently they finally got the last plot. It's weird because the plots looked undeveloped from ariel photos but under those trees 5 50's ranches sat.
Thanks, isnt there a small plot of land on the east side or eldridge just before you cross the bayou too? Its on a busy road for residential. There is an older patio home development behind this plot and I thought some land was available east of this 70's development

Old 03-04-2012, 01:41 PM

9,274 posts, read 22,768,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_In_Translation View Post
Ahhh thanks.
Weird location, wedged in on three sides by apartment complexes. Some pretty big high voltage power lines back in there too.

So much going on around here lately, it's hard to keep up. When they start the widening of Memorial it will be interesting...

Old 03-04-2012, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw2 View Post
Thanks, isnt there a small plot of land on the east side or eldridge just before you cross the bayou too? Its on a busy road for residential. There is an older patio home development behind this plot and I thought some land was available east of this 70's development
Going south along Eldridge from memorial on the east side you have the church, and area which used to be a commercial lease buildings (now torn down to develop who knows what). Then the kimberly lane townhomes and then immediately after the turkey creek townhomes, then the park and bayou. It's pretty contiguous along eldridge but the area in question is behind both townhome developments on the other side of turkey creek ( which runs to the east of the turkey creek townhomes. I imagine the development will also sit behind part of the memorial forest??? apartment complex if the developers acquired that additional plot.

Old 03-04-2012, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post
Ahhh thanks.
Weird location, wedged in on three sides by apartment complexes. Some pretty big high voltage power lines back in there too.

So much going on around here lately, it's hard to keep up. When they start the widening of Memorial it will be interesting...
When is the memorial widening to begin? Will it include the section from Eldridge to SH6 too since it was widened a few years ago or at least added turn lanes? Definately needed if the former Arco lab south of memorial is going to become office towers. At rush hour times, memorial can become significantly backed up. Its good to see this area taking off finally.

Old 03-04-2012, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post
Ahhh thanks.

Developers only care if it's too weird for someone to buy but I imagine this will be a high end version of the pocket patio homes that they built along Sherwood forest, completely gated. Probably private "driveways" to avoid city setback and other requirements. I'm sure they'll be nice but I'd hate to be on top of each other like that.

Old 03-04-2012, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw2 View Post
When is the memorial widening to begin? Will it include the section from Eldridge to SH6 too since it was widened a few years ago or at least added turn lanes? Definately needed if the former Arco lab south of memorial is going to become office towers. At rush hour times, memorial can become significantly backed up. Its good to see this area taking off finally.
Currently scheduled for 2015 construction (latest estimate as there is still no funding). It will widen memorial from kirkwood to Eldridge. Design is still not finalized. No plans for the Eldridge to hwy 6 section. I imagine those towers won't be complete until 2014 at the earliest so it will probably require a separate CIP to deal with that increased traffic.

Old 03-05-2012, 04:55 PM

Any news on Talia Trail? Sounds interesting assuming size and price range hit the market right. Id guess they do something like Bayou Woods across from Barkers landing size wise. 3000-3700 sf. Price probably has to hit $500-700k assuming comparable upgrades to redos in this area. What do you think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or