Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2012, 09:47 PM

702 posts, read 1,235,833 times

Advertisements

I visited the subdivision recently and I like it a lot. I preferred a home closer to my place of business, but I like this place so much I plan on purchasing a home here.

Out of the 4? builders in this neighborhood, which would you recommend. Gehan, Chesmar, Beazar, Westin? My budget is $200k, but I am willing to spend a little more. What incentives is each builder offering? I know Westin is offering 6% and it seems like he isn't willing to budge.

Which builder do you think builds a better quality home? Can anyone give me info on these builders please?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2012, 07:17 AM

1,110 posts, read 2,584,536 times
Chesmar puts a lot of high efficney into their homes. I've seen them built.
Gehan didn't seem to do a OSB around the house, so to me that's lacking efficeny and durability.
Beazer seems to advertise a very efficent home, but you get what you pay for.

We bought a Westin, they offer bigger floor plans, more luxury look, and you got bigger lots since they are in the 60' ft section, so is Gehan. Chesmar and Beazer are 50', so less land.

Westin is also EFL certified now, and i think Chesmar is also. Beazer might be energy star.

If i had to narrow it down, Westin and Chesmar would be my two top choices. I'm sure you can negotiate at least 7% with Westin, i know they are giving that granite, spindles, etc promo.

I'm not sure about the others incentives, you migth get a good deal on the Gehan inventory homes, since they haven't sold anything yet. I would just ask about their efficeny features.

Old 03-06-2012, 02:01 PM

1,743 posts, read 3,819,755 times
I agree. Chesmar or Westin. Of course a lot depends on who the construction superintendant is.

Old 03-06-2012, 07:17 PM

42 posts, read 161,775 times
Westin builds a great home, but I am not sure of their current incentivesm since their sales person, Lisa Marie, just moved to another community. They generally deliver a lot of home for the money.

Chesmar also builds a great home. David is their sales guy and is very knowledgable.

Both are locally owned companies that will work to earn your business.

Not knocking Beazer, but they are generally not as flexible. It wouldn't be my choice given the other two.

Gehan is new to this community, but not new to the area. I can't knock them, but there is nothing more irritating than when a client buys a home and then they change and do something completely different and discount down inventory homes. In communities that they have built up inventory in, you can get a deal, but they seem to always be trying to figure out who they want to be a company, which makes it kinda hard to determine.

Old 03-06-2012, 07:28 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,193,859 times
Westin
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston