U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 11:31 AM

28 posts, read 76,967 times

Advertisements

well im looking to buy in the clearview village are but dont know what builders a better

does anybdy here have anew home built by lennar or legends

if so have yall had bad problems with the building of the home

thanks again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2012, 12:55 PM

206 posts, read 246,023 times
We have been in our Lennar home in Cinco Ranch Southwest since last August. No real issues with the home. We did have issues with grading of yard, and just now finally got them to install a drain to take care of issue.

Overall quality of the home is really good. I would recommend that whomever you go with that you get it inspected before you close, and that any issues that need to be addressed be done before you close. They will try to get you to close with promises to fix, but hold them to getting it done before closing.

Old 03-09-2012, 01:09 PM

31 posts, read 35,147 times
if you look up the BBB on both
both have alot of complaints

it'll depend on the house inspector to hopefully find where they made mistakes or went too cheap

Old 03-09-2012, 01:36 PM

3,334 posts, read 4,707,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmarky View Post
if you look up the BBB on both
both have alot of complaints

it'll depend on the house inspector to hopefully find where they made mistakes or went too cheap
Every builder is going to have a ton of complaints...nature of the business. Secondly, the BBB is no indication of anything as they get payment from contractors for listing. Lastly, I think the construction manager for the builder is as important as the inspector, if not more.

Just my $.02

Ronnie

Old 03-09-2012, 02:50 PM

1,734 posts, read 3,212,571 times
Can't comment on Legend Homes.

Our friends have been in their Lennar for about 8 years (they built it). They started having some severe cracking in their tiles and ceiling last year. They could tell it was a foundation issue. Called Lennar, and after their inspections, they said it was because they didn't have gutters on the back half of their house.

Lennar then came out and put gutters on their house (at no cost), and retiled their problem spots, and fixed the cracks in their ceiling. It didn't take a big fight with the warranty company either. They were really pleasantly suprised how easy and receptive Lennar was to them.

Old 03-09-2012, 02:52 PM

1,284 posts, read 1,570,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonRonnie View Post
Every builder is going to have a ton of complaints...nature of the business. Secondly, the BBB is no indication of anything as they get payment from contractors for listing. Lastly, I think the construction manager for the builder is as important as the inspector, if not more.

Just my $.02

Ronnie
Do a google search on Lennar.
They're not the only one with complaints but the amount found just via a google search far exceeds some of the other major builders.
But that said, Lennar is all over the country while a lot of the other builders are more local or in smaller markets.

Old 03-09-2012, 07:47 PM

615 posts, read 637,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonRonnie View Post

Just my $.02

Ronnie
Definitely agree with that...and I think the construction manager for the community is more important than the builder. You could get one of the top name home builders but have a construction manager who didn't really care and get a worse house than you would with one of the lower end builders with a construction manager who took pride in his work and made sure his contractors did things right.

Old 03-10-2012, 04:01 PM

1,442 posts, read 3,488,158 times
I always advise my clients to interview with the construction manager and to verify how long his trades have worked under him/her. I have several clients who have purchased with Lennar and Legend Homes and each of them don't have any gripes or issues regarding their homes. Lennar has this e which they seem to think everything is included for free in their homes, but the fact of the matter is that most of it is standard items that most builders are offer. Legend Homes is a privately held company, unlike Lennar who has to answer to its stock holders, with that said, Legend Homes is willing to negotiate much more than Lennar. Are you stuck on Clearview Village?

Old 03-10-2012, 04:56 PM

920 posts, read 1,417,889 times
Legend

Old 03-13-2012, 06:38 AM

28 posts, read 76,967 times
well guys went out this weekend talk to both builders and guess who got me lol

i went with legends so im getting a dirt built

hopefully everything goes as plan but closing far from now late july
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston