Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 12:15 AM

404 posts, read 1,031,019 times

Advertisements

I fly the cheapest airline. I could care less if that happens to be United, Delta, Southwest, or Alaska. The only thing I expect from flying these days is getting to my destination in one piece.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2012, 10:06 PM

4,875 posts, read 10,071,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by just4ivaylo View Post
I fly the cheapest airline. I could care less if that happens to be United, Delta, Southwest, or Alaska. The only thing I expect from flying these days is getting to my destination in one piece.
That's how non-frequent flyer economy travelers usually choose their air travel. The airlines have taken a note, and decided to compete by price.

Old 04-11-2012, 02:51 PM

391 posts, read 922,837 times
Continental used to be the best airline in the USA... UNTIL United touched them!!! United spread their bad customer service and bad business practice cooties all over that airline!

It is difficult to avoid United in Houston, but there are some ways you can avoid it.

#1. Look at other airlines that offer service to the same city with minimal connections. Often, you can get to the same city with another airline even if they have to make layovers at about the same price.

#2. Look at another airport. In Houston, you can always check out Hobby Airport, look at Southwest because they seem to offer all the same destinations United flies to domestically AND they fly actual real sized airplanes unlike United's fleet of microplanes!

#3. If you HAVE to use United, I suggest taking lots of vicodin that way you sleep through the awful experience!

Old 04-12-2012, 09:30 AM

4,875 posts, read 10,071,404 times
Some of the forces that ruined what was Continental came from the airline itself, i.e. Jeff Smisek

I understand that the air industry is oligopolizing, that bean counters are ruling, that low fare customers buy from price, etc. However I do think the old Continental had something special in the 1990s and 2000s and Houstonians really appreciated that. It may politically harm United further than it anticipated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyAusmus View Post
Continental used to be the best airline in the USA... UNTIL United touched them!!! United spread their bad customer service and bad business practice cooties all over that airline!

It is difficult to avoid United in Houston, but there are some ways you can avoid it.

#1. Look at other airlines that offer service to the same city with minimal connections. Often, you can get to the same city with another airline even if they have to make layovers at about the same price.

#2. Look at another airport. In Houston, you can always check out Hobby Airport, look at Southwest because they seem to offer all the same destinations United flies to domestically AND they fly actual real sized airplanes unlike United's fleet of microplanes!

#3. If you HAVE to use United, I suggest taking lots of vicodin that way you sleep through the awful experience!

Old 04-12-2012, 10:01 AM

3,333 posts, read 9,173,790 times
I was never that enamored with Continental. Seats were uncomfortable, dirty planes, cranky staff...

Ronnie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston